X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    that pic above makes me realize for the first time how fucked up those shoes look. it's about as pure Rick as you can get, gets to its point way past the faceless drone leather jacket blah blah blah uniform recycled ad nauseum by now, and that's where the thing succeeds.

my point is - if you are really vibing with Rick and what he's doing, that outfit (or "costume") would speak to you more urgently than his sportswear "uniform."
    cosign with this, the look is indeed the extreme from this collection and quite intentionally sculptural editorial. the shoes really come alive in profile and most runway shots don't do this collection much justice ...of course ricks footwear often boarders on functionality, but this is the case with any prototype for something so groundbreaking different. rick is far from dead...

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
      definetly. I ain't living as i'm preaching though. I mostly own longsleeves from him, except for the nun beanie a wrap cardigan and those infamous wedges.
      Well, it seems like your only imitation is financial, which is completely understandable.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• martin
        • Jul 2008

More pictures of the new sole, sorry for the big pictures, but some might wanna see the details.

Comment

• Prototypes
          • Oct 2008

Thanks for the close up, Martin!

toe box & mid sole just doesn't appeal me. the lack of the mid sole stitching doesn't do it for me... (unless the pic has been overexposed too much that i cant see the threading)

still a fan of the classic sneaker details but liking the slimmer silhouette

Comment

• diamonds
            • Dec 2006

ugh the whites are so nice but not a fan of the thinner leather, it makes the tongue fall weird.

i was skeptical about the new soles because i like the subtle nature of the originals but... i dunno these look kind of cool to me and with wear you probably wont notice the 'treads'

Comment

• kuugaia
              • Feb 2010

^ Almost all the trainers that I've seen/handled had funny tongues on the left boot. The left tongue on mine is also more angled than my right, but it's barely noticeable once put on.

I don't like the treads. Reminds me of New Balance.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                definetly. I ain't living as i'm preaching though. I mostly own longsleeves from him, except for the nun beanie a wrap cardigan and those infamous wedges.
                Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Well, it seems like your only imitation is financial, which is completely understandable.
                Did you mean limitation here? Contextually it seems to fit better.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• BeauIXI
                  • Nov 2008

Maybe the treads will add another week or two to the life of the soles.
                  Originally posted by philip nod
                  somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                    Did you mean limitation here? Contextually it seems to fit better.
                    oops, yes! sorry!!!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by One View Post
                      First goth-ninja then goth-mimes, can't wait for goth-pirates...
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                        that pic above makes me realize for the first time how fucked up those shoes look. it's about as pure Rick as you can get, gets to its point way past the faceless drone leather jacket blah blah blah uniform recycled ad nauseum by now, and that's where the thing succeeds.

my point is - if you are really vibing with Rick and what he's doing, that outfit (or "costume") would speak to you more urgently than his sportswear "uniform."

Eternal, you're a good kid, but all your posts on this page have pretty much showed your bandwagoner cards face up. Guess he had to separate the men from the boys sooner or later...
                        IMHO RO has several dimensions and you don't have to be interested in all of them to wear it.

1) Streetwear/thuggish
                        2) Geometric
                        3) Dirty rockstar

He's exploring more abstract ideas related to form and sci-fi/fantasy concepts in his women's collections which makes them more interesting but the men's stuff is still pretty nice. I pretty much only do three and its fine by me, I leave much more than I take when getting pieces from a designer.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• cuddly
                          • Sep 2007

dont know if this has been asked before,but what is the smallest size the rick trainers go? i dont remember if rick made trainers for women also ..

Comment

• Arcane
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
                            dont know if this has been asked before,but what is the smallest size the rick trainers go? i dont remember if rick made trainers for women also ..
                            Don't know smallest size but there have been women trainers as well.
                            Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• fivezero
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
                              I've seen them as small as women's size 36 online at Antonioli.

Comment

• cuddly
                                • Sep 2007

thanks, i always wanted to get a pair for the lady,but i never see the women sizes available. not sure if it's limited.though ive seen pics of women wearing the trainers.so i assumed they were wearing the men's size and had big feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎