X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Who?
    • Aug 2007

Re: RICK OWENS

The shearlings are very well executed, it looks like some of the elements from the womens shearlings have made it to the mens and I am thrilled.
    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• drexl
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I am not liking this to be honest, except the last hooded jacket.
      [/quote]

Agreed. There's some outstanding jackets (like the shearling posted), but tailoring has never been Rick's forte, and here it looks even more awkward than usual. Not feeling the drop crotch 3/4 trousers either. Some pieces are feeling somewhat "futuristic" (the jacket with white piping, the looser fitting shearling right next to it and the white piped shearling), which feels like an odd mix (to me at least) with Rick.

I'm really digging the long zippered coat though, cool collar. And that hair hat is just fucking awesome (the Helmut Lang mohawk hoodie remains one of my most wanted pieces ever).

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Raw Edge"]I really like the look with the full length zipup jacket and hood/beanie. Though I haven't yet seen an RO jacket thats my style, I always like they way he designs hoods/zip up jackets.
        [/quote]
        I agree. And his leathers, too: I really like how he shapes them. I consider the tailored suiting stuff not exactly his forte, and the body-distorting fashions are an extreme representation of his idea of modern silhouettes, propelling the ideas though not necessarily to be worn literally. Kinda like couture runway looks that are for show only.

But the dropped crotches and layered draping are already evident in less extreme proportions in many of the drkshdw pieces from him from the last two years, and his Berlin jeans in particular are a wearable version of the dropped crotch trous. And I really enjoy wearing them.

edit: /\ I seem to have been channeling your post above, albeit from a different direction!

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

It almost looks like that white piping jacket is actually the reversed of the one next to it?

That shearling coat has an amazing collar. That's one thing that I gotta hand to Rick on the regular, he plays with collars and closures and comes up with really new styles that are just plain amazing.

Hear hear on them dumping the freakish model hahahaha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• badseeds
            • Mar 2007

OMG...i see where my money will go and canguessfor what my wallet will cry... I like almost everything in those pics, even the hat with holes and the funky hair.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

I don't know why, but this all looks very awkward to me...awkward the way his womenswear tends to look. I think I agree with drexl about the tailoring. [72]

I LOVE the hair hat though....[73]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I don't know why, but this all looks very awkward to me...awkward the way his womenswear tends to look. I think I agree with drexl about the tailoring. [72]

I LOVE the hair hat though....[73]

[/quote]

Yep. I also think the shearling is awkward. And given his failure at the shearling we jumped on on YOOX, I'm not expecting this to be much better. I do not completely agree about tailoring, some of his blazers are really nice - but it's true that his sizing and cutting can be sloppy. Anyway, not impressed with this, hmm....

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I do not completely agree about tailoring, some of his blazers are really nice - but it's true that his sizing and cutting can be sloppy.

[/quote]

That reminds me...I got a tailored RO piece in the c21 clearance sale last week...sometimes I shock myself...[79]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"]

I do not completely agree about tailoring, some of his blazers are really nice - but it's true that his sizing and cutting can be sloppy.

[/quote]

That reminds me...I got a tailored RO piece in the c21 clearance sale last week...sometimes I shock myself...[79]

[/quote]

I demand visual evidence!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

I'm going to try to take a picture later, because I need some advice. It's a very cool piece--basically a midnight blue waistcoat that is long in the front and cropped to waist length in the back, with attached navy sheer wool sleeves. I'm still trying to decide if I'm too short for it though, as the length really can't be tailored. [85]

Was cheap as chips though, so I'd like to make it work!

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

sounds good [51]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="CommieRabbit"]

I'm so sad to see he decided to switch up the model this time. I miss that creepy weirdo, somehow this guy is just too normal looking.

That said, god damn, this collection is so awesome. The coats and shearlings/leathers are incomprehensibly dope, I want one of everything.

Also, is it just me or do his combat boots have a slimmer toe this time? I'm hoping so.

[/quote]

Add me to the "missing creepy weirdo" camp. I loved that guy.

[/quote]

yeah the old rick boy is for sure the slickest model of all time ever. i dont mind this dude, but it is a little disheartening.

i like the collection a lot. even though some of the styling kinda flirts with an almost like material boy gay scene kid thing a tiny bit or like lil wayne (no?)...but overall its pretty sloth and rad.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

I'm fetching my binoculars, I'm off to do some bird watching!
                            Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM.
                            Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

where do you get your drugs?! [<:o)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

Drugs I don't know of ...
                                But sleeplessness I'm very familiar with!
                                Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 01-21-2011, 01:18 PM.
                                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍