X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joker
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
    I heard that new RO size is old size xs converted to 46??
    Is that true?
    Yea~ I think so. But for leather, I wear size 48 looks like 44 in current season.

Comment

• jskidder1
      • Jan 2011

X-posting this from small questions in hopes of getting a better response:

Does anyone have a pair of Rick boots from the current season with the new lighter, softer sole? Looking for comments on how it holds up to wear. About to pull the trigger on these but have some concerns about durability after handling them in the store. I'm in NYC so I do a ton of walking and I really can't deal with the sole eroding as quickly as it does on my trainers.

Comment

• avout
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
        I heard that new RO size is old size xs converted to 46??
        Is that true?
        Originally posted by Joker View Post
        Yea~ I think so. But for leather, I wear size 48 looks like 44 in current season.
        Wait, let me get this straight. XS now translates to a 46, except for leathers, where a size 48 fits like a 44. Is that right?

Comment

• derpington
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
          X-posting this from small questions in hopes of getting a better response:

Does anyone have a pair of Rick boots from the current season with the new lighter, softer sole? Looking for comments on how it holds up to wear. About to pull the trigger on these but have some concerns about durability after handling them in the store. I'm in NYC so I do a ton of walking and I really can't deal with the sole eroding as quickly as it does on my trainers.

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=55I
          I have these boots, and even though the sole is lighter, it doesn't seem softer to me. It seems more rubbery and less crepe, which seems like it would hold up better to me. On the older boots with the sawtooth soles, the ridges would start to peel off the front and the back after only a few wears, but I haven't had any issues on this new pair. However, I have only had them for a month, so I can't of course speak expertly to their durability, but they definitely seem like they are holding up better than the old trainers with the staples.

Comment

• michael_kard
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
            Does anyone know of any articles that discuss the diversity of Rick's followers? I know for sure there was one, but I can't find it anywhere.
            If anyone's interested, here it is. It's a very nice interview with a dick partner.
            Last edited by michael_kard; 02-27-2012, 04:27 AM.
            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Hiddenaway
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by derpington View Post
              I have these boots, and even though the sole is lighter, it doesn't seem softer to me. It seems more rubbery and less crepe, which seems like it would hold up better to me. On the older boots with the sawtooth soles, the ridges would start to peel off the front and the back after only a few wears, but I haven't had any issues on this new pair. However, I have only had them for a month, so I can't of course speak expertly to their durability, but they definitely seem like they are holding up better than the old trainers with the staples.
              The good thing about the new SS12 boots is the ridges are 'built' into the sole, as apposed to the previous season sawtooths which were basically Rick's version of a vibrammed sole.

I also thought I would share my experience as these soles seem to be a very popular topic of discussion.
              For my AW11 sawtooth sole boots, I was able to peel them off by hand right out of the box! I then sanded down the sole on the boot, as the factory did a mediocre job. Then I took the original sawtooth sole and used a heavier duty glue and put them back on. Better than new and they don't peel off. The glue Rick's factory uses is pretty bad. I'll also say that they need to look into different rubber compounds. I have Nike shoes I've ran in for years on city streets that don't wear down like his and it's strictly to do with the type of rubber he is using.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Ohh, Mr Owens has done something pretty epic for FW12 now hasn't he... Makes men's look positively meh in comparison.
                Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Some morning humor, lol....

Can someone post something interesting about the work of Rick Owens now? This thread is turning to shit.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Lo-ki
                      • Jan 2011

wtf...Dick's got something new coming out this season

^^^
                      She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

That's actually a rather old photo, from 06 maybe?
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• avout
                          • Nov 2011

I think he's aware of that.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rilu
                            can somebody explain the context in which that photo appeared or anything more about it?
                            ya gotta go...ya gotta go!

Seriously though, it was a pic in his first book, "How Did You Like My Descent?" I won't analyze its meaning for you...take it as you like.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Faust's article Master of Disaster has a section on Rick's statues.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rilu
                                thanks for the info, Dane! no, i was just curious in which context it appeared, so maybe you can say a bit about that? i mean, was it just a part of some photo collection, or was it a part of some concrete exhibition, project, etc.?
                                I think (don't quote me on this) that it was for the book only. Someone may correct me though...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎