Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

I managed to try on a pair of the shoes at Rue Herold; they are vry very nice. They look like the standard Avantin wraparound derbies but with a thicker uneven grey leather and the laces (with the round ends ala Carpe) in red. Really beautiful.
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
      this looks very interesting, please tell us more! interesting casing. thanks for the pic. wondering if more clothing will resurface this time around.
      This is the project where Maurizio and Alessio from Layer 0 buried the shoes for some years (10?), and these are the results. I don't think there was any clothing.
      Last edited by Faust; 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM. Reason: wrong name!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        This is the project where Maurizio and Alessio from Layer 0 buried the shoes for some years (10?), and these are the results. I don't think there was any clothing.
        Corrected. And you're right, no clothing..this run was a selection of footwear exclusively.
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

Do you think they were buried in the news paper or is it part of the 'packaging'? The above photo could be pre-burial...

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

The leather was buried years back by Maurizio. The footwear post production was not. The news-paper-mache sleeve is part of the packaging.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Thanks for the correction, D!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

These are an interesting collaboration with some really nice leather textures and clever packaging but I'm looking forward to Altieri's fresh and new work.

We've seen Avantindietro footwear for years now. It's time to take it to another level!

It's still a shame that quite a bit of Avantindietro never made it to the racks (so much of it was seen only because it hit C21 years ago!) or in such tiny quantities that the world will never know about it. The black wool pieces, the suits etc... just some images would have been wonderful to see.
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

The fruit of this collaboration is new enough for me in that it is quite a departure from Maurizio's vision. I know you can recall the difficulty people had embracing the silhouette of the footwear back then. People are just coming around to what could be deemed "classic" Avantindietro now, but it took time. Maurizio knew this would be the case as he experienced the same thing with Continues. Most people need time to get comfortable with things that are new, thus unfamiliar. I think it is destined to happen again even with his new works. Minimalism is often confused with simplicity and though I can understand how this deceptive perception takes root..reality is quite contrary to such general assumptions.
                  Funny you mention C21 as I was thinking about it the other day. It may be wishful thinking to have wanted something as ambitious from C21; but had everything they received been displayed in scripted sequential order of chronological age, it would have been a remarkable exhibition that would shed light on Maurizio's process and a better understanding of his attempt at the short lived project Evoluzione. I know it would have blown your mind as it would mine (amongst others here like E and Q).
                  I digress...The Field collaboration fuses utilitarian elements as understood (with expectation) in a traditional sense by the status quo. As far as the desire to see new works come to light, you know we walk the same path A. I, for one, certainly wish there was a way to induce labor.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

I like the collab, but would l've to see more of it, or at least a better view of the items............
                    I dislike this idea of straining ones view to get a view of the products to the point where there is so much more discussion of the items that access to the items themselves................
                    Carpes footwear is absolutely the best, its the best among footwear we wear and maybe the best among the products they made...............I still need the seven hole boot!

Albert, while we've seen these shoes for years I think they are still rather relevant. I have yet to see better footwear in terms of quality and aesthetic.........
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Most certainly :)

I agree D, it did take some time for people to accept much of the work including the silhouette of the footwear at the inception of Avantindietro. Anyone that has handled the footwear can tell straight away that the construction is by no means easy nor were there shortcuts taken. To construct something so slim and sleek requires extremely stringent construction standards.

It was indeed a shame that Linea, Sartoria & Avantindietro works were just thrown together at C21. A mixed blessing as it was both a way to acquire the work as well as see it yet outside of an evolutionary, linear context in which it would have made more sense as a body of work.

It is hard to continue to evolve in great strides when one is under such watchful eyes and when there is such a great demand for more more more. This revisitation of buried leather, yet applied to the Avantindietro shape is a nice blending of Carpe history and Avantindietro evolution.

I was lucky enough to find a pair of Intervallo pants that may fit me... when I receive them I will certainly take photos and put them up. The projects and works in between CDiem and Avantindietro were so scarce and short lived, they often passed before we were even aware of their official existence!
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

Maybe I'm missing something but from what I've seen - these new Avantindietros are not simply the older Avantindietro shape with special leathers. They seem like a harmonious mixture of Carpe elements (heel shape, curved sole - not sure the technical term, more rugged materials) and Avantin signatures in terms of minimalism.

Comment

• Ilie
                          • May 2008

You're not missing anything that you can get from pictures....

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

Damn that boot looks funky. Love the colours.
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

thought we weren't supposed to reproduce those images.

well, either way i think doldrums is right. to me it looks like avantindietro uppers with special leathers but the changes to the soles (thick, curved, rugged) and laces (long, leather) make a huge difference. overall effect is for me a great alternative to the original avantindietro models. no insult to the originals but these styles are more appealing to me. i wanted the ankle boot badly but i believe they are all sold out (pre-ordered?)

oh well. still beautiful to look at
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• LayersLondon
                                • Jun 2010

We had received our delivery of Avantindietro_Field this morning>
                                You can check our affiliate thread for further details.
                                We must say that, they are outstanding.
                                Last edited by LayersLondon; 05-17-2011, 03:04 PM.
                                store | facebook | blog | twitter

art becomes fashion, fashion becomes art

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎