• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ink
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by LayersLondon View Post
    We had received our delivery of Avantindietro_Field this morning>
    You can check our affiliate thread for further details.
    We must say, that hey are outstanding.
    REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE!!!

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

I was lucky enough to find a pair of Intervallo pants that may fit me... when I receive them I will certainly take photos and put them up.
      Would love to see the Intervallo piece you picked up. Please keep us posted! Cheers!
      Last edited by DHC; 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM. Reason: Odds are offense can be taken, so I'm chopping it down.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

^ thanks for the kind words D :)

I really can't wait to see what is coming down the pipes to say the least!

The Av footwear is just so perfect. Every time I look at it I find some new detail that I missed before... from the fusing of two layers of leather at the tongue so that a slit can be placed into one layer to loop the lacing through to the perfect anchoring stitches... it goes on and on.

You know it's next level work when other footwear designers contact you for detail shots of the shoes as research!

Will post Intervallo pants pics when they arrive and I return from my trip... may be a few weeks but they will go up my friend :)

Hope you're doing well!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

They're OK, not terribly exciting. Doesn't really evoke any of the feelings that Carpe did in my mind, but I was never a huge Avantindietro fan anyway. I'd rather cop Vaz Rajan's shoes http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=R1L2&des=R2L&cat=&gender=men&group=&vendorColor=QkxBQ0s=&season=actual&seasProdID=53I
            Last edited by MikeN; 05-21-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• doldrums
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
              They're OK, not terribly exciting. Doesn't really evoke any of the feelings that Carpe did in my mind, but I was never a huge Avantindietro fan anyway. I'd rather cop Vaz Rajan's shoes http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=R1L2&des=R2L&cat=&gender=men&group=&vendorColor=QkxBQ0s=&season=actual&seasProdID=53I
              Having owned and promptly returned a pair of Vaz's shoes, I respectfully disagree. - Edit: not a knock on Vaz Rajan but just a realization on my part that they couldn't fill the same void.

The AF Fields are pretty amazing and you should EDIT accept that from me as I've come to my senses and keeping both my pairs.
              Last edited by doldrums; 05-21-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

I believe you!

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

me too. that ankle boot is gorgeous. great color. makes me wonder which one u are keeping.

looks to me like the shape is slightly tweaked too. not just a repro of the original uppers. perhaps a little less narrow? hard to say. maybe its just the sole makes it look that way

yeah its a beautiful shape.
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Like Mike I was never really a fan of the Avantindietros either, but I absolutely love Carpe Footwear..............Ive tried Guidi and others but sold them afterward cause they just don't meet my personal taste.........Not even CCP Comes close to CDiems in my book, although they're completely different things...
                    However, this new upgrade is really interesting to me, I really like what I am seeing and would love to get a chance to see them in person cause from the pics they look like something I'd like to own

Mike,
                    regarding those Vaz Rajans...............something about them bothers me, and something about many of our new designers..........myself included that I find unhealthy for the progress of fashion. I am beginning to feel like we are pigeonholing ourselves into an aesthetic and a style that everything is beginning to look the same, and the scope isn't being widened but becoming more narrow and bland

After you have a certain style of footwear from a certain designer do you really need something else from another designer that looks so close to it?

this goes for the clothing too.....................there is only so many leather jackets/ tanks/ tees and frayed hem, slim pants in dark colors that a man can own................after a while it just becomes boring and redundant
                    Last edited by zamb; 05-21-2011, 10:36 PM.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

its a problem Z. and i think about it too. but let me just mention that earlier today i went to a few online retailers and just scrolled thru the designers, clicking on them, and looking at all their designs. the new guys i've never heard of and the big guys too. and i have to say. it all looks so pointless to me. meaningless. frivolous. embellished. either over-designed and ornate or pared down and boring. rick biters. or overtly trendy "designers" seeking out a niche market. there was very little that seemed to be anything but a product. nothing designed with passion or love.

i find myself buying from literally a handful of designers and cringing at the rest not because i want to, but because everything just sucks.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

i think its a point that needs to be discussed further, but i dint wanna derail this thread with it...................

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                          Meh. They are nice, but they are also exactly what others pointed out - well studied copies. Not that I am against inspirations and such, but it becomes quite boring when you can point out with ease who the kid was schooled by.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asho
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            ...when you can point out with ease who the kid was schooled by.
                            Can you though? i agree that aesthetically that particular pair of Vaz's shoes fit your profile, but i'm not sure it's redundant design. Rather than simply appropriating a standard style of shoe (oxford, derby etc.), this shoe brings something new to the table in terms of the way that it's fastened to your foot.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

I don't know who he was schooled by, but the inspiration is very obvious.......there is nothing wrong with that. but as I have said before, its beginning to all look the same..............not even similar, but same................Somebody needs to break new ground, to unearth something that changes our perspective, that widens our though,

I'd love to hear more about the closure/ fastening that makes it special.

Originally posted by asho View Post
                              Can you though? i agree that aesthetically that particular pair of Vaz's shoes fit your profile, but i'm not sure it's redundant design. Rather than simply appropriating a standard style of shoe (oxford, derby etc.), this shoe brings something new to the table in terms of the way that it's fastened to your foot.

Comment

• asho
                                • Nov 2007

i totally agree with you, and vaz would too. I was suggesting that within this aesthetic this is something new. I'd keep an eye out for Vaz's next few collections. The divergence from this sort of thing is coming.

The closure is sort of a gusset that allows for the shoe to be one piece with the part that folds over sitting flush with the rest of the upper, you can see it in detail on the Lift site.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎