X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by asho View Post
    The closure is sort of a gusset that allows for the shoe to be one piece with the part that folds over sitting flush with the rest of the upper, you can see it in detail on the Lift site.
    I thought the gusset was a great idea, making it easier for you to get your foot into the shoe, the difference in color underneath (from what I could tell from pictures of the red shoe) was a nice plus as well.

I think previously another member said "you could never have enough Carpe remixes" with regards to Vaz Rajan which is a bit of a backhanded compliment, regardless I'm happy a local is going places within this aesthetic.

/end tangent
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      looks to me like the shape is slightly tweaked too. not just a repro of the original uppers. perhaps a little less narrow? hard to say. maybe its just the sole makes it look that way

yeah its a beautiful shape.
      the shape is great, its rounder and wider than the previous Avantindietro footwear, actually a bit closer to a classic Carpe shape. the heel is regular, which works better here than the circle heel.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ink
        • Sep 2010

I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE REAL ITEMS. ANYONE KNOWS WHERE CAN I FOUND THEM IN PARIS?

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

l'eclaireur in paris
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ink
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DHC View Post
            l'eclaireur in paris
            THANKS D! ARE YOU WEARING THEM TO PARIS? CAN'T WAITTO SEE IT AND LONG TIME DIDN'T CHAT WITH YOU AS WELL!!!

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

grandma roo derbies will probably be my weapon of choice for the paris heat. I need light shoes and refuse to do mandals.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

^^same here D. the best summer shoe i've found...

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                ...but I absolutely love Carpe Footwear..............Ive tried Guidi and others but sold them afterward cause they just don't meet my personal taste.........Not even CCP Comes close to CDiems in my book....
                zam, you should give ma+ a try at some point. easily the best footwear since cdiem in my book and in some cases better. maybe u already have but i'm just sayin...

not to derail from ad_fields tho. they are the most appealing shoes to come along in some time. for my money anyway...
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

Is there a possibility that they have made pictures of the leather before it went underground for a decade to compare the actual result of burying it for so long? I'm curious if the difference is that great or something which could be achieved in other ways as well. I'm also curious if they were happy with the outcome of this project or if they expected something totally diffent!

Nevertheless the shape still is epic, the original shoes are easiliy one of my favorite designs i've ever come across. Still bummed I passed them when they were on sale at lazzari for 800-ish Also liking the color element and the leather laces although the needle thing is very clever found! I prefer the half high ones.
                  Grailed link

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Avantindietro_Field: packaging
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Icarium
                      • Oct 2010

Awesome video, thanks for creating/sharing! Now extra sad that I missed out on Sartorialoft/Layers' supply of size 42 in the derbies.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

I am just sharing it via Layer-0

Comment

• huckleberry
                          • Jul 2009

The shape on the shoes is amazing. Much prefer it to the previous iterations, always felt they needed a more substantial sole. It seems a shame that they havent produced these in a non aged leather version also.

Comment

• eckblk
                            • Mar 2010

Thanks for sharing the video- good stuff.

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

Lowrey are the derbies you posted reverse leather? Were the derbies made with different leathers because Sartorialoft's derbies seem darker and have a different texture compared to Layers London's pictures.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

was told they have a variation of colours.
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎