X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    DHC, that's the black one, right, with the woven pattern, crinkly? That thing was gorgeous.
    Yes, Faust. The fabric comes in three different weights. The black one you are referring to is the medium weight one. Another reason I loved it was because fabrics of this quality are seldom, if ever, "crushed". I really like that Maurizio took this highly regarded fabric, which is always presented clean and crisp, and put his own aesthetic representation on it. Unorthodox because it is so expensive it is rarely tampered with, because of the great respect given to the fabric. I love that Maurizio has an equal respect for his own skills and gives us something traditional with his own twist.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
      I think it is who you think he is...
      LOL. What are you doing up this late? Its passed your bed time. Go to sleep!
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• orphée
        • Apr 2008

I realise that pictures would not do this fabric justice....but still. Any pics out there?

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by crouka View Post
          I think it's noto-jofu (or joufu) that is being talked about, not notu.
          it is generally said that you can only weave 20 cm a day no matter how hard you try.

though I know they explained it as 1cm per half a day.
          not sure whether it's just misunderstanding, or it is really 2cm a day.
          but maybe you can weave a bit more.
          Runner!!!!!!!!
          good to see you around,
          how art thou?
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• hobo
            • Jul 2009

Yes, it is who you think it is! I met Faust in Paris this time and we had a good chat. So, I was convinced to take a look and I'm glad I did!

Originally posted by DHC View Post
            Haha...is this who I think it is? If so, we talked about this last season and this is the forum I told you was an exception. I know how you feel about all the forums out there (again assuming you are who I think you are) and I'm really glad you like it here. Faust is the gent that runs this site and he damn well does a good job keeping this place from becoming a den of the dumb. As such, I'm grateful that he lets me stick around because I've thrown up some straight retarded posts. Yes, he is also forgiving. Thanks Faust! Stick around Hobo, whoever you are. Good times up in SZ.
            "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Hello, sir!
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
                • Jun 2008

Thanks for the words of wisdom DHC and HOBO, very interesting points you bring up. I hope one day i can see the work that goes into these kinds of garments *sigh
                WTB: This

Comment

• hobo
                  • Jul 2009

Back at ya!

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                  Hello, sir!
                  "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

LOL, DHC if everyone as "dumb" as you I'd be a happy moderator.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

It's great to hear Amadei taking a traditional Japanese handwoven fabric and put his own twist to impart texture. Traditional noto joufu goes through something like thirty different processes to complete the fabric although it's usually patterned, makes a wonderfully lightweight summer garment. I'd really like to see the two heavier weight fabrics.
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

Hobo: Are you aware that your website is quite slow to load? Makes browsing a bit of a chore even though I like the layout.

Sorry for going off topic but I was just the other day thinking about this ...
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• hobo
                          • Jul 2009

I am. It has been the bane of my life for the last 18 months.

I commissioned improvements on the current site over a year ago. They were supposed to go live last August but in December the developers finally decided that they couldn’t do it. I have spent the last 6 months researching and I finally signed the contracts for an all new, complete rebuild, from the ground up, last week. The live date is 30 September, so watch this space! And please be patient until then. I promise it will be worth the wait.

Also, bear in mind that the current site is now over 5 years old. Which is 130 in dog years! The old girl is still battling on!

If anyone’s got any suggestions (within reason), for what they would like to see on the site (facility wise), please PM me. Input is definitely welcome.

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

Excellent news! Now I'm glad I brought it up :)
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• crouka
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by orphée View Post
                              I realise that pictures would not do this fabric justice....but still. Any pics out there?
                              I don't have pics of the fabrics they, amadei, used.
                              but this is the authentic one, top end properly so called.
                              there is a textural subtle pattern (called kasuri) naturally created there.

Last edited by crouka; 07-19-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• crouka
                                • Jul 2007

old ones ( S/S 09 ) though, anyway the products in that fabric

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎