• pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

rather sad paul has no outlet in the british isles now
    exporting the brighton bash to japan must have its merits

Comment

• hobo
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      Oh, we all love Carol, for me, and I am sure many others he has been a source of inspiration in so many ways, guess I am just reading things into the post that wasnt there, Maybe I should join the redaction club too
      I always say that one should never completely judge a person or an organization on the basis of other peoples experiences, because your experience may end up being completely different from theirs..............
      and we all love P-nutty too, I read the original post, it never ceases to amaze me the genius level craziness he consistenly comes up with

I agree Zamb. I'm not asking anyone to judge Carol or his organisation, based on what I have said. Everyone needs to come to their own conclusions. I made it very clear at the beginning of the post that I have a biased view of his organisation and that affects the way that I view his work but I do still respect things about his work and I also have the utmost respect for all the stores that I know of, that carry his work.

So sorry if was I banging on about my feelings about CCP, the organisation as opposed to the work but for me the two things are two sides of the same coin and one cannot be taken without the other. I understand that people may not agree, and may feel that his work should be judged alone as it stands, and that is equally relevant, but it’s not my way.

Maybe I should have been clearer about my opinion of his actual work...
      I think that his work is very interesting and I have a great deal of respect for his use of materials and the sculptural way that he uses them. I agree with Mike Lowrey, that his style is indeed fairly unique and I think that he probably takes most of his influence from outside the fashion world which is what makes it his own. For me, it’s over designed. Many times, form comes over function and for me that doesn’t work as well as the more balanced approach that is taken by Grandma and Luca. Although I’m not altogether sure, I think that that also reflects the feelings of Philip Nod.

But if my response upset Philip Nod, it was not intentional....
      I’m sure that if you pop over to Milan, Carol will give you a cuddle and make it all better.

Ps. will someone explain what the fuck a Redact is?
      "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

A redact is when you delete your original post. I don't know why pnidz mangled his (it's not like he owns a store) - he spoke the truth. But on the forums, you are the master of your own words.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

it's a bit of a buzzword around here, but i'm never sure it's properly used. most "redactions" are (as Faust says) simply deletions or, if anything more exotic than that, retractions. redaction usually involves blanking out something that cannot be deleted, for reasons of confidentialtiy.

Comment

• crouka
            • Jul 2007

I think in a way ccp is a form of insulation.
            they could be one of those who least count on cozy relationship,
            because of a risk that the individuality is blurred and the standards (for them) or ideals decline to the third rate, which means to them dishonesty.
            there might be more times it works for the worse, but they seem to be betting on the minor moments it shines more than anything else.

out of my own curiosity, asked the textile dealer who sold the fabric to amadei about how much time it takes to weave the fabric. ( there is only one factory still extant, that's one of why the fabric is so precious. and the factory produces it to order from the textile dealers. from the dealers most other people buy it )
            amadei's request was unusual for the weavers at the factory. he wanted the fabric to be woven a bit more densely.
            they were not used to weaving that way, so at first it took a day to weave a few centimeters actually.
            gradually they learned to weave faster and now they can deal with it almost like normal one. if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
              hmm, paul seems to be taking his dickensian ludditeness to new levels with this online boycotting. Blame the weed i say. Paul get off the chronic for once please, we love your work.

I cant believe i missed p-niddys redaxshen. Reading the last few pages has me really enlightened and im glad im a part of this forum- great people, interesting ideas and exchange of opinion. Viva SZ!
              Finally!!!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                I think in a way ccp is a form of insulation.
                they could be one of those who least count on cozy relationship,
                because of a risk that the individuality is blurred and the standards (for them) or ideals decline to the third rate, which means to them dishonesty.
                there might be more times it works for the worse, but they seem to be betting on the minor moments it shines more than anything else.

out of my own curiosity, asked the textile dealer who sold the fabric to amadei about how much time it takes to weave the fabric. ( there is only one factory still extant, that's one of why the fabric is so precious. and the factory produces it to order from the textile dealers. from the dealers most other people buy it )
                amadei's request was unusual for the weavers at the factory. he wanted the fabric to be woven a bit more densely.
                they were not used to weaving that way, so at first it took a day to weave a few centimeters actually.
                gradually they learned to weave faster and now they can deal with it almost like normal one. if anyone is interested.
                Thanks for the fabric info, very interesting.

As for CCP's operation, while I see what you are saying and people give him all the leeway in the world, but, as philip_nod stated, if you do hold yourself to highest scrutiny, then deliver the product that reflects that not only in price tag, but in quality and innovation. Do not deliver something that looks like failed design student experiments.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                  • Sep 2006

Thank you for the info crouka, and of course a lot of us are interested, shows a new light not only in the process of design and tailoring but in the involment of the designer in the minimal details like the weave of the fabric, the process of woven, etc... that makes the approach more artisanal and for me, more valuable.

Comment

• crouka
                    • Jul 2007

you're all welcome

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Thanks for the fabric info, very interesting.

As for CCP's operation, while I see what you are saying and people give him all the leeway in the world, but, as philip_nod stated, if you do hold yourself to highest scrutiny, then deliver the product that reflects that not only in price tag, but in quality and innovation. Do not deliver something that looks like failed design student experiments.
                    yes of course but it's a simple matter. to buy or not, the decision rests with us.
                    and that's why I try to write about what it is, what we are buying, as precisely as possible. have to go
                    Last edited by crouka; 07-21-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

definitely agreed with the above statement. at the end of the day we vote with our money.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by u-know
                        M.A+ bags is cool,
                        one post away from getting banned.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

^ thanks for bringing the post back on topic

srsly everyone is giving ccp too much flack. if anything - as one esteemed individual pointed out - this multiple delivery thing for ccp could be the biggest problem. i still think the collection - when it arrives in bulk - will be mindblowing.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

it will be mindblowing.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• hobo
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              one post away from getting banned.
                              ^

I'm sorry for going off topic but. Thanks Faust, I've pulled a muscle in my back and now I can't stop chuckling! It hurts!!!

Anyway, back to Grandma.
                              "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

look who is back...its like a running joke...i am getting used to zboss...

Originally posted by u-know
                                M.A+ bags is cool,
                                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎