Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

I don't know, I find head to toe MA+ too severe to have to move to another country over. Better to just wear the boots, or the skirt, or the top. Perhaps pair with Marsell pumps.
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• missing123
      • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I saw that the other day, and I am in love with it.
      ________
      herbal vaporizers
      Last edited by missing123; 01-21-2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

^Those bags don't appeal to me at all. Perhaps for a female, but something about the similarity to a sea shell puts it off for me. If I had my choice I'd go with the doctor's bag.

Comment

• coccodrillo
          • Nov 2009

M.A.+ for women

Hi everyone - this is my first post! I would like to know if there are any ladies who own boots from MA + and Guidi and if you could tell me more about fit and quality? Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ are you by any chance from Coccodrillo shoe store in Antwerp?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coccodrillo
              • Nov 2009

No Faust - but I buy shoes from them. I'm asking because my favorite store Pollyanna has both lines and I am wondering what people's objective wearing experiences are.

I am afraid that once I buy a pair from either brand - I won't be able to wear anything else.

What do you think of these brands and who should I start with?

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by coccodrillo View Post
                  What do you think of these brands and who should I start with?
                  I don't think there is any concern over quality with either brand. considering the footwear in general I'd say m.a+ is a bit more minimalistic in terms of construction, less stitching, no use of zippers etc. but at the same time the look is a bit more polished (if you can say that about m.a+) compared to guidi, their leather tends to be a bit more distressed and rugged feeling.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but when I think of womens footwear I find Guidi somehow more appealing, m.a+ boots seem a bit more masculine and might be harder to pull off.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• coccodrillo
                    • Nov 2009

Thanks mike! I am fascinated by a pair of guidi's boots in black kangaroo and debating between these or the m.a.+ boots that can scrunch down

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
                      i mis-read 'Croccodillo'
                      thanks for giving me my fist SZ laugh for the Morning..............
                      only you could have misread it like that
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                        I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but when I think of womens footwear I find Guidi somehow more appealing, m.a+ boots seem a bit more masculine and might be harder to pull off.
                        , agreed - but i haven't seen guidi women's boots in person. Rider?
                        http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Guidi womens boots are just like the men's, but in smaller sizes.

Cocodrillo, I agree with Mike's assessment (as usual). Depends on what aesthetic you are going for - a bit more dishevelled - Guidi, a bit more polished - M.A.+ These days I am feeling more drawn to the latter aesthetic (but I am still hunting for old CDiem footwear), but who knows what will happen tomorrow.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                            eyes of the world
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                            , agreed - but i haven't seen guidi women's boots in person. Rider?

i'm in the m.a.+ tank. i prefer the more polished leather finish for footwear and save my distressed pieces for the upper half. i guess it comes down to m.a.+ = ravish and guidi = ravage.

i seem to be full of sexual innuendos today, sorry

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                              i'm in the m.a.+ tank. i prefer the more polished leather finish for footwear and save my distressed pieces for the upper half. i guess it comes down to m.a.+ = ravish and guidi = ravage.

i seem to be full of sexual innuendos today, sorry

i suddenly understand why i don't like ma+ so much....i'm ravage, all the way.

but coccodrillo (love this store, btw), do you have pics of the two pairs you are considering?
                              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by laika View Post

i suddenly understand why i don't like ma+ so much....i'm ravage, all the way.

but coccodrillo (love this store, btw), do you have pics of the two pairs you are considering?
                                Laika - I am new to forum and don't know how to post pics

The M.A.+ styles are the laced boot and long boot on Mona More the 2 options right after the aviator hats.

As far as the Guidi's - on this Murkudis site these dark purple back zip beauties!

I accept any and all helpful hints as to how to post pics

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎