Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oh weh mir
    • Oct 2008

I've never noticed a tag breakdown for LUC here.

EX:16YMCR09 SE13 16/55

#
    (denotes production cycle)
    F/Y
    (spring-summer/fall-winter)
    W/M/X
    (female/male/unisex)
    AC/CT/CR/SW/TS/SH/etc
    (accessory/coat/cardigan/sweater/t-shirt/shirt/etc)
    ##
    (cut number)
    WW/CO/CA/SE/etc
    (wool/cotton/hemp/silk/etc)
    ##
    (material number)
    HK/IN/etc
    (hook knit/intarsia/etc)
    ###
    (color: 00 - natural/11 - ?/22 - white/33 - light Kahki/44 - dark khaki/55 - light grey/66 - grey brown/77 - medium grey/88 - grey black/99 - black)
    Originally posted by AVALANCHE
    is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• surver
      • Oct 2007

j-pant

thinking of finally succumbing to buy a pair of the j-pant... can someone please advice what the fit is like? are they as tight/fitted as the wrong-tension jeans that came out right before the j-pant version or are they looser like the earlier denim versions like the 1/3 seam jeans? the measurements i got for size 48 seem more like 46 and 50 more like 48...

there seems to be so many versions of the j-pant it's kind of confusing...

thanks

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

It seems to depend on the season / fabric / exact style. Some fit snug and people size up, but mine are a 46 and fit more like a 48. Just get measurements to be sure. Worn a little big looks better imo.

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

Just read through about 30 pages of this thread. I've long been an admirer of LUC but just have not been able to afford/capture the right item. The military tent coat is amazing.

Some people have mentioned pilling as well as a slight loss of shape.

This french laundry located in San Francisco does amazing work. They will de-pill your knits as well as offering "Measure & Block" where they can get the garment back to its regular shape.

Expensive stuff but truly an other worldy experience that should be used on these amazing garments.

I am in no way offiliated with this cleaner. I'm sure there are other super awesome fancy cleaners around the world.

Comment

• Agent L
            • Sep 2006

Signals Washi J PantS

Well after what seemed like an eternity, my special order on the Signals Washi J Pants finally arrived. I see quite a few of you guys have these and was wondering if anyone has washed them yet. Strange wax/gum-like spots developed on one leg after just wearing them around the house for an hour. I'm certain I didn't rub up against anything. Spot washed them and they're gone. Anyone share a similar experience? Very curious to see how these look after being washed. Anyone...

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

i believe someone had dry cleaned those here, but not really sure about washing it though..
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• Agent L
                • Sep 2006

Thanks Magic. Still scratching my head as to where those spots came from... "I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky."

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

Agent L: someone tried washing them before. ended up with streaks on them.

ABS had them dry-cleaned and they turned out fine. Haven had the need to wash mine yet though. But i'll definitely dry-clean them when the time comes.

Originally posted by sshum88 View Post
                  Well here's my experience:

I like to wash all my clothing before wearing them...inside out in cold/cold (wash/rinse) water, very little liquid detergent and on it's own as I never know if the dyes will run. I noticed these white streaks on the front and back when i flipped them inside out to dry them on a hanger...so i threw them back in for a 2nd wash in cold/cold water thinking that it was detergent residue (weird since I don't use a powder).

The streaks still remained so I threw them in for a 3rd wash in warm/warm water but they are still there! I'm at a loss right now as to why they they are still there...it's like the material released some type of wax/glue that is showing up. I've even tried using a very fine brush from Lee Valley to scrub the streaks with warm water and nothing has changed. I've asked David if he knows of other customers who had an experience similar to mine and he says no.

I'm hesitant about using dry cleaners due to the chemicals used (even though they say eco-friendly) and the process. Plus there doesn't seem to be any good ones in the areas i frequent.

In the end, I may have to re-dye these if I want them pure black again. I've worn the pants quite a bit since the wash and the streaks don't look so bad from far away but they are there. Or I may take them to a dry cleaner to see if that changes things.

Comment

• sshum88
                    • Dec 2007

I have since taken mine to the dry cleaner and they have come out fine.
                    Originally posted by eat me
                    If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Agent L
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks Nictan and Shum. Baffling this is... When the times comes, dry cleaning will be the way.

Comment

• Agent L
                        • Sep 2006

Sorry to beat this topic into the ground but I too had a streak down one leg. After cleaning the spots on one leg and leaving the streak alone on the other, pulled them out of the dryer and the streak was gone. Still scratching my head on this one. A very annoying "thorn in my side" as these are brand new and waited so long to get them. Thanks again for all the advice.

Comment

• sshum88
                          • Dec 2007

Same here except my spots & streaks never really went away. Spot cleaning didn't really remove them and I just ended up wearing them hoping that no one would notice.

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
                          Sorry to beat this topic into the ground but I too had a streak down one leg. After cleaning the spots on one leg and leaving the streak alone on the other, pulled them out of the dryer and the streak was gone. Still scratching my head on this one. A very annoying "thorn in my side" as these are brand new and waited so long to get them. Thanks again for all the advice.
                          Originally posted by eat me
                          If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Wax
                            • Sep 2009

Concerning washi, I spoke to some Japanese mills and they all told me that this fabric should not be washed / get too wet. Better bring it to the dry cleaner. Also noticed on my blazer that after getting wet in the rain the fabric felt like it shrunk a bit and got all wrinkled :) Looks amazing tho

BTW I am sure this question has been answered, wasnt able to find it via search tho.

Does Luca produce his own fabrics, the non knit ones.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

I believe he is involved in the production with most materials.

speaking of the paper fabric, there will be a sick suit made out of the material for SS12.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Wax: I'd very much like to see images of the blazer, if you'd be so kind as to oblige. FYI, the woven fabrics are sourced materials. And to state the obvious, this is the case with the vintage fabrics as well.
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎