X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eton97
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Agent L View Post
    Thanks Nictan and Shum. Baffling this is... When the times comes, dry cleaning will be the way.
    Not that I want to say anything that will damage the fabric, but I washed my washi on a 30 degree cycle and hung them out to dry.

A small amount of shrinkage (which i needed in all honesty) but no spots, streaks, marks....infact they came out like new.

The only issue was a small amount of fraying around the signals laser cuts, but I didn't particularly like the signals on the back of the legs, so got my tailor to work his magic.... He did an amazing job hand embroidering the laser cuts, so now no fraying or weak points from the laser....just the perfect pair of hard wearing, stunning fabric pants
    you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      speaking of the paper fabric, there will be a sick suit made out of the material for SS12.
      Does that mean the Washi pants will be produced again?

Comment

• Ivans On High
        Banned
        • Oct 2008

The paper fabric was only used for the classic jacket and 'tuxedo' pants, not the j-pants.

But Lowrey is right, the suit is amazing. The button hole is sewn on a horizontal seam which aligns with the top of the pocket, and the pockets themselves continue around to the side seam. It will be available in silk tussah, fly-yarn cotton and the paper fabric.

Something like this (though the button stance is much lower):

I have actual pictures of the silk version but am not allowed to post them.
        Last edited by Ivans On High; 08-11-2011, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Another photo of the man himself:

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

hmmm... not sure it's the most flattering pic ever
            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

maybe not the most flattering picture but the shirt is dope. I believe you can purchase that at The Archive for a mere $1,000...

I can't understand why people wash their clothes. It simply ruins them. It really isn't necessary very often unless you have extreme body odor (very unfortunate).

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                maybe not the most flattering picture but the shirt is dope. I believe you can purchase that at The Archive for a mere $1,000...

I can't understand why people wash their clothes. It simply ruins them. It really isn't necessary very often unless you have extreme body odor (very unfortunate).
                maybe i won't buy this shirt, that way i won't have to wash it, it'll spare me a metaphysical headache
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• bonejelly
                  • Jul 2008

Mike, what is the source of that photo? I don't find the fit to be particularly unflattering, although I'm partial to a 'clothes being worn on real people' approach.

Comment

• MoFiya
                    • Sep 2007

The t-shirt is indeed nice... Is it screen-printed?
                    However, never been fond of those drop crotch shorts. Has anbody seem them being pulled off in a good way?
                    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

O hai. In this case I eat my words, that is one of my favorite outfits by you But it's a rather hard piece to pull of and you do it well by creating the elongated silhouette. Just matched with a plain t-shirt it doesn't look too good IMO.
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

What material are they made of?
                        What strikes me as important in your outfit is the elongated tops you wear (e.g. the cardigan and the layers underneath). Makes the whole outfit appear more fluent and cohesive because not only the layers are 'dropped' but also the pants. Doing the shoe-tuck as suggested serves the same purpose, e.g. making the seperate clothes melt with each other.
                        Regarding the fit pic of the man himself (no offence, biggest fan!) - I don't think the pants work well here because the tee is too short to create that kind of silhouette. And in this case, I think I prefer the shorts being worn as if they were proper-length pants (e.g. with a longsleeve top).
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
                          • Sep 2007

Thanks for the elaboration
                          A reversible piece that fits differently depending on the side you wear. Now that is really something!
                          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                            the shirt is in fact screen-printed, much like most of LUC's spring/summer offerings. as to whether or not anyone has pulled off the trapezium skirt-pant, you be the judge. if i've gone so far as to expand on my traditional skinny jeans preference with a pair of those, that should give you some vague idea as to how fucking awesome they are.
                            They looked great on my girlfriend.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• birdytg
                              • Feb 2010

Embossed Poem Graphite Dyed Sweater Merino Superfine 100's Wool and Selected Angora

This LUC sweater from the Signals collection looks gorgeous on pics but I would like to know if someone here has already seen it for real or touched it?
                              If yes, I would be happy if you can tell me how you liked it and what was your global feeling about quality and fit. Thank you so much.
                              http://www.mypixeldiary.com
                              http://www.birdytg.com
                              www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
                              http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• MoFiya
                                • Sep 2007

What kind of wool did Luca use on this roundneck sweater? Is it 140s super fine merino wool or sth rougher?
                                This piece is on my grail list
                                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡