X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

love a lot of it but i will admit, that fabric collar aviator is a straight ccp rip

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

I just realised I missed the whole shitstorm part of this thread when I was away and never noticed it lol.

In my view, Keita takes classic leather jacket designs, reinterprets them to add his own twist to the designs and produces them with amazing quality leather, construction and treatments.

I'm sure many people want a moto, rider, shirt collar, highneck, etc jacket with a modern twist and quality leather with unique treatments. His pieces cater for people who want a more timeless design without all the crazy elements that may grow tiresome over time.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

I'm not so sure about that Raw, if you take a look at all of his seasonal offerings his aesthetic view becomes much less consistent than SZ-related store buys may indicate. A lot of retarded heritage biker stuff with lots of superficial embellishments, and many other questionable designs.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

I havn't seen any superficial embellishments, but Japan does have a huge market for heritage biker stuff.

Keita isn't targeting the SZ aesthetic specifically imo, I think he's just designing leather jackets with a biker influence that he himself would want to wear. I agree about the heritage biker stuff, but that's what a lot of Japanese buyers want.

What I like about Incarnation is the more simple classic designs, great leather hides amd finishes, and the elements that he puts in that make it unmistakably Incarnation.

Obviously not in theme with SZ, but I guess you can kinda compare it to Visvim in a way. A lot of classic designs but with a focus on quality that made them extremely sought after. Visvim brought streetwear back to a simplicity focus instead of all the flashy logos and patterns.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
            • Jan 2011

i think which goes into the "are you buying the designer or the piece"

which i know is complicated since we are buying vision and ethos

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

/\ wtf?

The guy used to design for Backlash, hence the heavy biker influence.
              I do believe that incarnation is still under the Backlash brand.
              Not too long ago I was shown some images of some leather and silver homewares by incarnation/backlash (can't remember which).
              They looked fantastic, and if I can find the images I shall post them.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• emixam
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                /\ wtf?
                I do believe that incarnation is still under the Backlash brand.
                no, they are different

Comment

• Raw
                  • Oct 2009

Tokyo Telephone is the former domain of a Japan-focused website started by Samuel and Rebecca. They offered services like web content, consultations and teaching.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

written by this man:

Originally posted by theguyonthepicabove
                    You absolutely cannot go wrong with a good leather jacket: you can pair the right one with pretty much anything and let the jacket do all the talking, add in some quality boots and suddenly you can hold your head up high in classy venues as well as drink in the grimiest bar in Kabuki-cho and not draw any negative attention.
                    not sure about what this incarnation stuff has to "say" actually
                    Last edited by BSR; 07-15-2012, 07:50 AM.
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Enaml
                      • Apr 2009

haha I've seen that guy around Tokyo before. didn't know he was the editor for TokyoTele.
                      How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• bonejelly
                        • Jul 2008

Incarnation modeled in the showroom by that Native fellow looked cool as hell. These newer presentations...not so much.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ yo, if you've got nothing to say, say nothing. i am tired of reading your one sentence meaningless crap.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• garbage_queen
                            • Dec 2010

All right. I will write more in detail! I'm certainly not an expert on Incarnation, but what I have seen and touched caused a two-fold sense! Great interpretation CCP for a more modest amount, such as those who have no idea what was going to "this fashion" - earning a decent man with a good reputation to the one place where it is and who it is!He wants to stand out among his friends, who are often Armani and so on! Personally for me, this particular brand or what not remarkable, of course I will not prevaricate when suddenly able to buy a jacket from them for the right price, I purchased it - at least for my collection! Good skin, a good cut! All as discussed Carol - much more interesting to me as the other fellow over Incarnation!
                            Last edited by garbage_queen; 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Промт? Тяжеловато читать. Появляется какое-то болезненное ощущение в висках.

Really, stop it, please. Noth personal.

Comment

• garbage_queen
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                                Промт? Тяжеловато читать. Появляется какое-то болезненное ощущение в висках.

Really, stop it, please. Noth personal.
                                Жень, по этому и пишу короткие комментарии, чтобы не создавать болезненных ощущений!)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎