Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atelier Article and Interview with K.S. in Haaretz (Israel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Atelier Article and Interview with K.S. in Haaretz (Israel)

[quote user="laika"]

^And just where have you been?! I was just asking about you, to no avail.

[quote user="danieldy"]

I'm definitely not as intimately familiar with Carol's clothes as others here, but exactly what do you mean by he wants to create "living garments"?

[/quote]

Meaning, garments that appear to have life independent of someone wearing them. Most clothes are animated only when they are worn, but CCP stuff often looks like it might just stand up and go for a walk all on its own. See especially the shoes, jointed and gloved pieces as examples. They appear to preserve traces of life and movement, not simply in a worn-in, "pre-distressed," sort of way, but in a creepy-awesome-someone is still living here sort of way. Does that make sense? It's really just a feeling that the pieces invoke in me, so it's a bit hard to pin down. [76]

[/quote]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

[quote user="laika"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

Yes, indeed, but I think being concerned with the object or materiality is what actually creates different experiences
      for the living body. Morbidity, sickness, restriction, etc. is very much connected with living bodily experiences and bodily sensations.

[51]

[/quote]

[B]

I am enjoying your website, dearest! [<:o)]

Have not yet looked at all the nudes (there are A LOT of them!!!) but I love the awakening self-portrait, and also, the photograph accompanying the bio. [:$][51]

[/quote]

Thank you very much, I'm happy to hear that! [51] [64] ...
      I know, but I have never been good at drawing fruits! [83]

By the way I owe you an answer from a bit back in this thread, fit was not
      the right word to use, maybe proportions would have been better ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

?????????????christianpoeru secretive standing ghostpant designer !

interesting article, I hadn't really heard much about the history of A so interesting in that sense as well.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Hocus Pocus
          • Apr 2008

[quote user="Fuuma"]Do you guys agree with the author about the renewed presence of Raf Simons and other challenging labels at big department stores like Barneys? Is it possible that on the contrary it just signals that those labels have now grown to be the token avant-garde labels of the fashion establishment and can be contrasted with young and innovative designers that are just emerging and are now being denied a place on the shelves of Barneys and their ilk? Would the author see his personal experience of discovering those labels and following them on their way to recognition as a sign of change while it is just in the natural fashion order of a growing brand that attains popularity?
          [/quote]

Fuuma, what brands do you currently consider to be avant garde?

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Hocus Pocus"]

Fuuma, what brands do you currently consider to be avant garde?

[/quote]

I'd like to know this too....i was having trouble coming up with an answer myself.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

went to Atelier this evening, they were closing when i got there

Damn[71]

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"][quote user="laika"][quote user="BECOMING-INTENSE"]

They could also work as to creating "new" joints or forcing the body to acquire different movements, shapes and postures?!
                But surely as Johnny also points out it has not only a functional purpose, but an aesthetic one ...

[/quote]

Yes, maybe. But I'm inclined to agree with wire.artist, that CCP is more interested in the object, in creating "living garments." I think it's about working with the body's traces rather than creating different experiences for the living body. It's a more morbid, deathly approach, and I think that's why, for some, his work can be unsettling to look at. I find it very fascinating. [79] Of course, given how restrictive the clothes are, i'm sure one is also forced to move differently, etc.

And I agree that there is definitely an aesthetic function, I was just wondering if there might be others. [75]

wire.artist, both excellent posts. I love "living garments," and also, your architect's perspective. [51]

[/quote]

Yes, indeed, but I think being concerned with the object or materiality is what actually creates different experiences
                for the living body. Morbidity, sickness, restriction, etc. is very much connected with living bodily experiences and bodily sensations.

[51]

[/quote]

Hmmmm! maybe a Body whithout Organs ...

Fuuma, there's some questions above that needs to be answered!
                It would be interesting. [51]

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡