X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julian_doe
    • Mar 2013

Pants...

So, I am thinking about pairing a Suit1 blazer with the P12 pants, but with how skinny my legs are, I feel that these will offer a relaxed fit (I have never owned BBS pants before). Can anyone please tell me which is the slimmest version of pants? It looks like P13 and even P11 are small, but from INK photos it is a little tough to tell...

Has anyone tried any of these from Sailorism?

(I don't know if this would be more appropriate for the "shopping" thread because it is so brand specific...)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

The slimmest version of the pants is the one with the front seam from the knee down. I don't know model numbers like you geeks - so you'll have to figure it out on your own.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        The slimmest version of the pants is the one with the front seam from the knee down. I don't know model numbers like you geeks - so you'll have to figure it out on your own.
        Thanks, Faust!

It looks like that would be P11, this helps a lot.

Comment

• mikko
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
          So, I am thinking about pairing a Suit1 blazer with the P12 pants, but with how skinny my legs are, I feel that these will offer a relaxed fit (I have never owned BBS pants before). Can anyone please tell me which is the slimmest version of pants? It looks like P13 and even P11 are small, but from INK photos it is a little tough to tell...

Has anyone tried any of these from Sailorism?

(I don't know if this would be more appropriate for the "shopping" thread because it is so brand specific...)
          i have pairs of all three models, going from tightest, carrot fit to loosest the order is p11, p12, p13 (needed to get one size bigger p11's so i could fit my ankles through)

Comment

• braver
            • Sep 2013

^^ I've just ordered two BBS pants from this season. Haven't recieved them yet, but asked two online stores for help. Looks like they all fit very different! Look here and here. P13 are ultra tight, while P11 are loose. So you better ask for measurements where you gonna buy them first.

Comment

• julian_doe
              • Mar 2013

^Thank you both!

Mark, from INK, just confirmed that their P11 version is actually tighter than both P12 and P13.

Comment

• mikko
                • Apr 2013

Some really tight P13s coming next fall...

Comment

• cjbreed
                  • Feb 2009

the fit varies quite a bit season to season and according to fabric and treatment. unfortunately there is no hard and fast rule.

measurements on bbs can be misleading as well due to the various patterns and constructions. they are nice to know, but they are only a part of the story.

all u can hope for is that u are buying from a retailer that will tell you the truth rather than just try to get a sale telling you what u want to hear.

there is nothing i hate more than when an item shows up and its so obvious that the seller should have easily known that it wasn't going to fit. dammit.
                  Last edited by cjbreed; 04-07-2014, 10:41 AM.
                  dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• julian_doe
                    • Mar 2013

[B]cjbreed[/B, I think you are right. It it probably a good idea just to talk with a reputable retailer...and probably even BBS CS.

Thanks!

Comment

• Resonkuken
                      • Oct 2012

My P13s are also a bit tight. They're M and when I first put them on I thought I might have to exchange them. Fortunately they've settled/stretched enough to be comfortable and I don't have big thighs; still It'd be better if the sizing wasn't so all over the place
                      place
                      place. I have garments ranging from xs to l.

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

I have the same with BBS, from XS to M, not L but I might need a L for a P13 as I saw people say its similar to between 30-32 size.

I bought it as an S from the SS13 collection and its tooo tight, can't even close all the buttons..it was a risk but it was my only shot to put this one in the collection, unfortunate its too tight on the waist, but ah well..risks :) only wore it once, might stretch out a bit like Resonkuken said if I wear it more often.
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎