Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

i love julius, but just about 10-20 percent of the collections lately---they go big pockets i go away

and i like the doma stuff i own too, but that came from collections were it appears like you could buy one piece and be fine. this new collection appears to be missing so many parts and totally see through that you need to buy at least 4 pieces to be able to wear something. unless you live in the castro, then you only need one piece.

and ITE (in this economy) i will just buy a few pieces if i can by designers where at least i can trust the quality, doma failed.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• blacksuit
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

How much the 09s/s T ??

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

julius have always maintained a high standard compared to other designer labels, but from what I've handled, older season materials/fabrics (pre-06) have been just a cut above what comes out now.
        good example would be your fingerless gloves or leather fencing, merz. or the a/w '06 leather riders to the current season ones. or the the original tall engineer boots. that's not to say what comes out now isn't great. but the originals were simply par excellence.

they are in a stylistic rut though. i avoid the big black nipple buttons like the plague.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• sca
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

jewrius are getting played out. way too much of nothing new is going on. whole japanese scene seem to be uninspired at the moment

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

redact
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Staton Viguier
              • Jan 2008

..jewrius?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sca View Post
                jewrius are getting played out. way too much of nothing new is going on. whole japanese scene seem to be uninspired at the moment
                Banned. лох.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

damn, banned just like that? I don't think the 'jew' in his 'jewrius' had that kinda implication...i think it was just a play on the phonetics more than anything. Kinda like "didju eat yet?"

i remember i think a Woody Allen film that once played on this subject, it was funny.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Jon
                    • Apr 2008

cat??

Anyways, yes Julius had a couple repetitive seasons, but keep in mind not many people are familiar with their past work.

In terms of the international market, they are a new brand. They have only started showing in Paris, and to my understanding they are treating this as an opportunity to introduce their brand to new markets. This upcoming Fall/Winter collection should give a better idea of what they have up their sleeves.
                    Originally posted by merz
                    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      damn, banned just like that? I don't think the 'jew' in his 'jewrius' had that kinda implication...i think it was just a play on the phonetics more than anything. Kinda like "didju eat yet?"

i remember i think a Woody Allen film that once played on this subject, it was funny.
                      yes, it did. see the FAG comment in the MA+ thread. Merz is right.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        cat??

Anyways, yes Julius had a couple repetitive seasons, but keep in mind not many people are familiar with their past work.

In terms of the international market, they are a new brand. They have only started showing in Paris, and to my understanding they are treating this as an opportunity to introduce their brand to new markets. This upcoming Fall/Winter collection should give a better idea of what they have up their sleeves.
                        This is a good point.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Who?
                          • Aug 2007

With the introduction of the MA line will Julius continue to produce suiting or will they only pursue the military/industrial inspired looks and leave the suiting to the MA line?
                          WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            yes, it did. see the FAG comment in the MA+ thread. Merz is right.
                            i don't know how hardcore or how much policing you want to do on this sight ma----
                            but in this (new?) context i'm sort of amazed that a poster with the name NIGGAH has been allowed to flourish this long. where i grew up i heard FAG everyday so it doesn't bother me
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

We also have suckdick. What's a Faust to do?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• loveless
                                • Feb 2007

julius' direction

im on the fence myself. im a fan of designers keeping around a good thing. like NN jeans, RO shirts/tanks, designers need signature items that are unqiuely their own statement. But reproducing your whole entire line, thats kinda weak, unless thats your thing (ie carpe, which defintely is not weak). So i kinda flip flop myself on julius' direction. I know i am tired of the drappy shirts though.

BTW am i the only one that thinks NN should just become a jeans company....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎