X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unknown
    • Jun 2008

Re: Bernhard Willhelm S/S 09

today i have some time on my hands, its not much to write and so i can sit around, read and post :)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="unknown"]today i have some time on my hands, its not much to write and so i can sit around, read and post :)[/quote]

good. it's the best way to learn aside from going to stores and handling the stuff. Where in Deutschland are you?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

looks like someone's gonna have a new favorite runway look of all time when the dust settles, but which one?
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

AAAA++++ Would Wear On Halloween !!!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

I got paged by Mesh and Faust.

I scrolled through the photos.

I vomited thrice.

I drank some water to rehydrate.

Ok so what is this? As a wearable collection (AT ALL) this is worthless. I don't deny that it takes a little bit of creativity to make up something like this but in a marketable sense it doesn't matter at all. Runway will not translate into wearability. At least with a showman like Galliano, you can see the wearable pieces under all the craziness.

If I ever see Willhelm in person, I'll be sure to punch the shit out of him. His investors/financial backers must be pissed.

This is a man that I deeply hopes goes down the drain. Fucking fold your "business" Bernhard. You. Suck.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Piffen
              • Aug 2007

[74]

^ Do you mean this is different from previous seasons in terms of wearability and likeliness of making $$$?

Doesn't Wilhelm at least sell the stuff he shows while Galliano sells everything but the clothing he shows, or at least makes his cash by selling underwear and basics? Sorry if I'm all wrong here, I could very well be since I don't know much about what goes out to stores and what doesn't..

Cheers

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

Well said Albert. They are all fucking horrible but imo this takes it all:

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

willhelm only sells sweatshirts pretty much.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Take a little of this and sprinkle in some N(N) and everyday will be Halloween.
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Diego. I love that outfit. Shit is beyond hilarious.

I also love this look because it's exactly what a closet-cross dressing twentsomething year old who still lives at home and raids his middle school little sister's wardrobe and puts them on when no one is home would look like if you caught him in the act:

Piffen, AFAIK what's on the runway isn't sold in stores/bought by the buyers for Willhelm... but you don't even get any sort of grasp as to what this collection is (aside from utter shit) and how it'll translate into the stores. At least with Galliano you know.

I'm going to have to second what Faust said...

If you want Wilhelm, just check the SuFu classifieds and look for the same people who buy/sell Jeremy Scott.

That fucker Scott just makes my blood boil too. What a prick.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ actually the above image reminds me of NAMBLA, Roman Empire style.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[74][74][74]

Comment

• Piffen
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"]willhelm only sells sweatshirts pretty much.[/quote]

I suppose I've only seen Seven carry him and they seem to actually buy more than sweatshirts, but what Seven buys says nothing of the market as a whole for Wilhelm of course. Should've thought of that before writing what I did.. [^o)]

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

It is fine to criticize someone?s work but when it is done from a position of ignorance, the audience has nothing to gain from such slap dash argumentation.

A few points to consider:

1) BW produces and sells what you see on the runway, he?s exceptionally consistent in that aspect; what you see in shows will make it to stores, the runway presentation isn?t just theatrics; contrary to the course of action a lot of designers who are too worried about the extremes they reach would take.

2) As alien as this collection may seem it successfully captures the feel of the season without being unduly indebted to it or compromising the designer?s vision; androgyny, layering, use of traditionally feminine fabrics are all there for an insightful viewer to see yet it is unmistakably Bernhard.

3) Anyone referring to this look as Louis XIV is a few hundred years off; the inspiration is obviously XVth century.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

I got paged by Mesh and Faust.

I scrolled through the photos.

I vomited thrice.

I drank some water to rehydrate.

Ok so what is this? As a wearable collection (AT ALL) this is worthless. I don't deny that it takes a little bit of creativity to make up something like this but in a marketable sense it doesn't matter at all. Runway will not translate into wearability. At least with a showman like Galliano, you can see the wearable pieces under all the craziness.

If I ever see Willhelm in person, I'll be sure to punch the shit out of him. His investors/financial backers must be pissed.

This is a man that I deeply hopes goes down the drain. Fucking fold your "business" Bernhard. You. Suck.

[/quote]

I've enjoyed looking at this collection. The guy from number nine is doing just styling, BW is creating beautiful garments, he doesn't need to style, the idea is already in the pieces.

[/quote]

+1. It is slightly too gay medieval fair to me but I respect what he does.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎