• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Blau View Post
    Dont know, It just dosen't feel cohesive, I liked the first one i saw, with the silver wrapped faces and the ponytails, could it be in 2006 or 2007. But i dont like his silhouettes...and the fabrics..And the mens line is horrible, it doesent feel modern to mee. I guess i just dont like when it gets "in your face" like that. And Roisin Murphy wearing that black and white dress didn't make it better..

well this is obviosly a matter of taste, so never mind...
    Matters of taste are what we discuss here. It's all good. I don't see anything in his work that you mention though. Have you seen the video? Maybe it would make it more coherent? Certainly being there I did not feel any incoherency in the show.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Blau
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Matters of taste are what we discuss here. It's all good. I don't see anything in his work that you mention though. Have you seen the video? Maybe it would make it more coherent? Certainly being there I did not feel any incoherency in the show.
      I will definetly check that video!
      "Isn't this song just too dreamy.........."

Comment

• ose
        • Mar 2009

If you've seen only the runway pics and some random stock photos I can understand where that line of thinking comes from... the only to way really get the full feel of the line is to watch the show in context with the massive soundtrack, it's an experience!

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

yes

it's a more glam'd up sci-fi superhighway version of his club scene contemporaries.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
            where 2 kopp soundtrack?

i think the clothes come off rather trashy and cheap in person, but i guess thats what gareth is about( trashbag couture)..so kudos to him.
            on the previous page.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

[QUOTE=new_dawn_fades;154457]where 2 kopp soundtrack?

Previous page,there is a link.
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• survivrons
                • May 2009

to me pugh is quite interesting. it seems like his clothing reverberates the very popular 'im an artist; dont care about the critics' vibe. that said, he truly shows an effort to connect with any body in the audience. as crazy as that may sound..

i personally think his direction is to show he can make just about anything his own, which is basic as far as mens wear is concerned. a lot of people believe there is only so much a designer can create in the mens world. so the simple, but bold details of his coats i.e. the shoulders, the straps, buckles, nails, etc., are all GP's likings. when you look at a coat like this
                you see GP, except in a classic trench. it's almost too simple for it to be edgy, all the while the entire collection as a whole may make you think he built a cottage on the edge where he lives year round.

Comment

• KodakII
                  • Sep 2008

Hm, I don't think Seven bought any of the collection. These are the stockists that I was emailed

BARNEY'S NY

BARNEY'S BEVERLY HILLS

BARNEY'S SHOES NY

Comment

• anatomicut
                    • Jun 2009

Gareth pugh is nice .
                    but i like his womens collection more.
                    his first mens collections just started.
                    so i will be looking for his future collections
                    and his dior homme collections.
                    really expect it.

Comment

• Danvers
                      • Jan 2008

Antonioli.eu just got their fw/09 Gareth pugh selection, http://www.antonioli.eu/index.php?co...&idDesigner=85
                      just a few pieces and nothing too crazy but I kinda like it...
                      Leathers will probably be on Rick Owens level of quality cuz it's made in the same factory. At least they didn't buy the hellraiser/pinhead pieces...

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎