Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

the ones in the 7th picture are hard to make out on this monitor, and could be a few pairs.. The trousers in the third are item number 297PAM3.
    WTB: This

Comment

• Chim
      • Dec 2006

i love the yellow in that first leather jacket. wonderful spring color

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by merz
        although it certainly won't be gracing my personal wardrobe, i second that impression - the mustard-yellow cuts the blacks & coals very nicely.

i've still got to say that the earlier seasons of julius, when the label was engaged in creating a context for itself, seemed a lot more inspiring than the stuff that has come out from 07 on.. each season of the more recent collections has either come across a bit static or, in the case of this s/s lineup, somewhat forced.

despite all this, julius remains the most obvious choice for many excellent, versatile and reasonably-priced pieces to kop and enjoy.
        I second this notion... Though the color is a bit refreshing, Horikawa seems to force it at times... I'm perfectly happy with all grayscales if they're done as they tend to be with Julius.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• i think, if they wanted to push the spiritual buddhist tibethan monk thing they should've used orange in their colection. deep orange. would've made more sense. plus, i look really good in orange.

Comment

• Nikov
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            i think, if they wanted to push the spiritual buddhist tibethan monk thing they should've used orange in their colection. deep orange. would've made more sense. plus, i look really good in orange.
            that sounds more like damir

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
              although it certainly won't be gracing my personal wardrobe, i second that impression - the mustard-yellow cuts the blacks & coals very nicely.

i've still got to say that the earlier seasons of julius, when the label was engaged in creating a context for itself, seemed a lot more inspiring than the stuff that has come out from 07 on.. each season of the more recent collections has either come across a bit static or, in the case of this s/s lineup, somewhat forced.

despite all this, julius remains the most obvious choice for many excellent, versatile and reasonably-priced pieces to kop and enjoy.
              Third. The yellow is so beautiful that I actually considered getting it, before the cool analytical side got the best of me.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                i think, if they wanted to push the spiritual buddhist tibethan monk thing they should've used orange in their colection. deep orange. would've made more sense. plus, i look really good in orange.
                who says that's what they are doing? Looks more like post-apocalyptic Bedouin to me.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• diamonds
                  • Dec 2006

earlier this year? they posted some bhuddist tibetan stuff on their website... so maybe that's a part of the inspiration?

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

Horikawa constantly gives reference to the spiritual world as a major influence; in particular Zen Buddhism.

Comment

• diamonds
                      • Dec 2006

croatoan to the rescue

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        who says that's what they are doing? Looks more like post-apocalyptic Bedouin to me.
                        that's how I interpret it at least.

I'm scared for this spring. I need to find a retailer of julius and plow through it all. I want at least 10 pieces, and that's annoying.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                          Horikawa constantly gives reference to the spiritual world as a major influence; in particular Zen Buddhism.
                          could've fooled me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

"I am obsessed with the image of 'black' in Japanese religion, in Zen," he writes. "It is the total color of complete and utter grief.""

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Fair enough - I just don't see it in the majority of the clothes, which are quite aggressive. I know he's also influenced by NIN, and that I can definitely see.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                                • Oct 2008

I have to agree with Faust concerning his above comment. I've found it surprising in interviews when Horikawa states his influences or makes mention of artists and writers he holds in high regard. There is a fantasy aspect to his work that gives off the impression of utility. Preparation for survival in a harsh environment. I've been unable to relate this aesthetic back to it's supposed influences outside of industrial and pop culture. Perhaps there are small nods to spirituality or the works of writers such as Burroughs but as Faust said, the majority of his clothing does come off as somewhat aggressive. I own quite a few julius pieces, mostly basics. I think that this is where those more subtle influences are present. In the texture or color of the garments, which is more endearing than the immediate impression made by the detailing, accessories, or extreme cuts in much of his outerwear.
                                Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                                is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎