Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oh weh mir
    • Oct 2008

Why does the general consensus seem to be that this is somehow a weaker collection than aw09?

There are several things about this I prefer to the previous three collections. There is a noticeable difference in how some of the more tired elements of the julius aesthetic have been spread across multiple pieces.

For instance, there is a variety of headgear that seems to take the place of hoods, gloves that appear more functional than in the past, more relaxed fitting trousers without an excess of cargo pockets, etc.

Yet it still looks like more of the same, which is why I think this is superior to the previous paris showings. There are a lot of throwbacks to previous collections, but individual pieces appear much more wearable and easier to introduce into multiple outfits without being so immediate and attention getting. Something I associate more with Horikawa's pre-paris collections, and something I think he has been touching on these last few seasons without fully committing to.
    Originally posted by AVALANCHE
    is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

I could have sworn there was also a blue leather jacket... Is there a problem with the colors on the pics, or did i have a dream during the show?
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
        You say 'half-naked' like it's a bad thing.. LOL

Christian: By saying that you're not surprised with the show, what were you hoping to see on a Julius runway? I wouldn't look to Horikawa for surprise any more than I would to Demeumemeester. That post-nuclear sewer heaven you describe is essentially the line's mascot. It's that lack of deviation from their central vision that I respect most about a designer. But maybe I'm misinterpreting your comment. Not sure.
        Fixed
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

I'd just like to echo T and E's sentiments, I enjoyed the theatrical way in which the pieces were styled and presented. the styling also makes it easier to visually pick out individual pieces, my only disappointment is that there aren't any specific pieces that I particularly want (although the new boots are growing on me and I need to see more of the narrow trousers and leather gloves/sleeves).

can't way to see the video from the show, it's hard to truly appreciate the outfits without seeing them in motion. any showroom photos would be great to see too.

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

This is what I expect to see from Julius for the most part. We seem to know what to expect. I also like the over-the-top presentation of Goth squared to the nth degree.

I think Julius does what it does really well. Not exceptionally groundbreaking but just enough progress to justify a new season.
            I find their basics to be not-so-basic and I like that. I mostly enjoy the cut of the pants and tops as a reason to buy something. The pieces work toned down or (as shown here) over the top in the full apocalyptic uniform.

The place where Julius drops the ball here is the lack of serious outwear besides their usual suspects of leather jackets (which goes without saying that they do extraordinarily well). With the traditional Julius aesthetic, it seems like they could offer up some amazing jackets and coats...unique shapes and forms and fabrics. We just don't really see it here. It's FW but it looks more just like F to me.

Maybe a new twist on capes/ponchos/drapes out of heavier fabrics, wool, etc. (non-leather). The trenches are nice, the blazers are always solid but I just wish we could see something less predictable with the outerwear.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• thaiison
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
              i just want to say i love this capture, the look in his eyes, the hair and his right leg's movement

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

some back stage picsolas here http://www.dazeddigital.com/view/def...6334&PageNum=1
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• delirium
                  • Sep 2008

doesn't seem overstyled to me... at least relative to the other shows. i think it looks great. nothing ground breaking, but i think a lot of the pieces have been "improved." i'm definitely feeling the boots.

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Fixed
                    Haha.. Julius is heathen heaven, isn't it. Glad you concur. Thanks for the "fix".

"Pat, I'd also like to buy an 'L' ". While you were tinkering, you shoulda fixed the way I spelled Demeulemeester on that post. Someone shouldn't have poured that third margarita.
                    Last edited by interest1; 01-24-2010, 10:29 PM. Reason: Poured a 4th before finishing last edit..
                    sain't

Comment

• todestrieb
                      • Mar 2009

Loving the red leather. The cut looks like a rehash or a subsequent iteration of an oldie. Either that or a combo of said oldie and the recent cropped rider.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post

Comment

• mona13
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by rider View Post
                        the line is getting finer between mens and womens fashion)
                        Completely agree.... I want to wear some of this.

Comment

• croatoan
                          • Jul 2007

Nothing is stopping you! Several women work at Julius and they all wear the stuff.

Comment

• todestrieb
                            • Mar 2009

My girl wears bits of Yurius. So that's another for the count.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

^ EM even made it a point to divide their collection into mens and womens.

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                              I could have sworn there was also a blue leather jacket... Is there a problem with the colors on the pics, or did i have a dream during the show?
                              electric blue jut neck layered underneath a sleeveless coat?

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post
                                ^ EM even made it a point to divide their collection into mens and womens.
                                They are selling relatively well to the women,

and in fact, they sold more to the older women than to the guys..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎