Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delphine
    • Sep 2009

Yeah, I've got a few of their tanks.. they're certainly small enough for a woman if you buy in Japan.. When I first saw the gigantic boots here I was thinking I'd like to see if I could make them work, but the more I look at them the more they remind me of those super high fly fishing galoshes or some such boot for wading through muck (maybe what they intended - nuclear sewage wading?)... or maybe it's just akward on the scrawny boys... hmm, worth a try i guess.

Comment

• Nikov
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
      i like this a lot. is this just a scarf hanging from the waist? or is it an actual bottomwear piece? hopefully someone who went to the showroom might be able to chime in...

Comment

• mona13
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
        Nothing is stopping you! Several women work at Julius and they all wear the stuff.
        Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
        My girl wears bits of Yurius. So that's another for the count.
        You are absolutely right - I need to keep an open mind about this.

Originally posted by delphine View Post
        Yeah, I've got a few of their tanks.. they're certainly small enough for a woman if you buy in Japan.. When I first saw the gigantic boots here I was thinking I'd like to see if I could make them work, but the more I look at them the more they remind me of those super high fly fishing galoshes or some such boot for wading through muck (maybe what they intended - nuclear sewage wading?)... or maybe it's just akward on the scrawny boys... hmm, worth a try i guess.

Thanks also, delphine. I love the boots too, but I'm not sure I can make them work. I'll give it a try, though.

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
          ^ EM even made it a point to divide their collection into mens and womens.

electric blue jut neck layered underneath a sleeveless coat?

This one earlier in the show also looks to have a blue tinge to it.. Maybe
          WTB: This

Comment

• Mikael
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by delphine
            When I first saw the gigantic boots here I was thinking I'd like to see if I could make them work, but the more I look at them the more they remind me of those super high fly fishing galoshes or some such boot for wading through muck (maybe what they intended - nuclear sewage wading?)... or maybe it's just akward on the scrawny boys... hmm, worth a try i guess
            Julius told me they are very heavy and expensive (dont know how much) so it is mainly a fashion show piece altought buyers can buy them if they really want to
            -- Mikael

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
              • Nov 2008

not sure if this has been posted yet but I stumbled upon this

JULIUS OFFICIAL STORE https://julius-garden.onlineJULIUS _7 https://www.julius-garden.jpInstagram https://instagram.com/_julius7official/

Comment

• todestrieb
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
                and in fact, they sold more to the older women than to the guys..
                Older and rather sizable as well is what I hear.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Showroom review to come.

Comment

• Marko
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                    Showroom review to come.
                    So those look like they are quite wide at the top, how large would you guess the opening is?

Comment

i wanna scrunch them down and pin them shut so they're flappy at the back.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

can hardly wait Christian.

thanks for sharing the video thedevilisinthedetails. wasn't sold on the silhouette of the slim back zip boots in still pics but they look fantastic in motion, definitely on my to cop list. the slimmed down jeans and trousers look great too, also loving the simple and toned down design of the multi-seam nubuck leather jacket:

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                          • Oct 2007

Haha those boots are crazy

I knew I've seen them before

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

youpii Christian..
                            WTB: This

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Julius showroom review

Went yesterday to the Julius showroom, located in a small place in le Marais. It's been a interesting visit, since I could for the first time see and handle the clothes in person - no store carrries the brand in Paris, which is a pity. I only knew the brand by their shows and the few pieces I own myself or had seen on friends.

The mood and atmosphere in the showrooms and the way people welcome you are always an interesting point. If the RO showroom looked like an overbusy Italian speaking beehive, where everybody stared at me like an alien, since they were all wearing RO head to toe - including the buyers ! - and I was poorely dress in Doma, the Julius showroom is a quiet space between the artist atelier and the couture workshop.

Clothes are nicely displayed on the racks, some are shown on dummys, but no intern is paid - or not, in fact - to check that the distance between two hangers equals exactly 7,8 cms and will remain constant, and no light system tries to blind you and make you believe that you're in an art gallery.

In addition, a kind of very sympathetic yet considered mess (buyers' clothes lying on the ground, boots displayed here and there in the room, etc) makes you feel immediately confortable, not to mention the very kind welcome of Mark, Seiya and all the staff.

Sorry that some pictures are blurry, but I prefer not to use the flashlight, since it kills colours and fabrics. Artificial light wasn't strong enough though. I'll maybe pass by again to take better pictures later on.
                              Last edited by Chant; 01-26-2010, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

I've to say that I've been very much impressed by the diversity of the colours and the fabrics, and of their awesome quality. I had in mind the cliché of the dark/barbarian/post apocalyptic/destroyed clothes and was very surprised by their evanescence and almost preciosity.

In addition, Julius doesn't stick to only one fabric, but multiply the experiments, which are often great success. And the diversity of fabrics echoes the variety of colours, which are paradoxically earth inspired, or toned down, and "bright" at the same time.

Diversity and variety of shape, especially of the drapped cardigans, was very impressive as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎