Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattizzle
    • Oct 2011

Anyone here tried sending an item back to Darklandberlin before?

I ordered something from them but they sent me the wrong size.
    sent them back the item(took 3-4 days to arrive).
    They weren't at the store at the time so now my package is at the Customs.

It has been over 3 weeks now and they still have not manage to pick it up yet.
    This has been the longest refund ever for me or is this normal for them?

I just want my refund back and move on

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
      Anyone here tried sending an item back to Darklandberlin before?

I ordered something from them but they sent me the wrong size.
      sent them back the item(took 3-4 days to arrive).
      They weren't at the store at the time so now my package is at the Customs.

It has been over 3 weeks now and they still have not manage to pick it up yet.
      This has been the longest refund ever for me or is this normal for them?

I just want my refund back and move on
      Is it being held by customs (ie - they couldn't pick it up if they wanted to because customs hasn't processed the package yet)?

I assume you've contacted the store to ask?
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mattizzle
        • Oct 2011

The custom has already processed the package and has been clears.
        They tried to deliver it to them once before.

But they were not open at the time or no one was there, so the package is now back at the Customs. (Darkland said they have the noticed from the courier)

Been three weeks now since they have got the notice so I am not sure what is going on

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

The custom has already processed the package and has been clears.
          They tried to deliver it to them once before.

But they were not open at the time or no one was there, so the package is now back at the Customs. (Darkland said they have the noticed from the courier)

Been three weeks now since they have got the notice so I am not sure what is going on
          Hmm...I would give them a call, I'm sure they'll have an explanation.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• blackfedora
            • Jan 2012

Mattizzle, I feel for you man and am also in need of help with a similar problem with regards to returned goods to Darklands. However, they won't even tell me if it's stuck in customs or not and it has been 2.5 months since I returned the goods. They sent me the entirely wrong item which they were reluctant to even take back. After I inquired about it's return status 6 weeks following the return, I was ignored for a while and then after numerous messages I was basically told (in the words of Louis C.K.) "to suck a bag dicks" by the proprietor. I haven't a clue what to do....

Comment

• mattizzle
              • Oct 2011

Well Campbell at least did reply to my emails but just says we will pick it up soon or we will let you know once it has been picked up.

This is one of the worst experience ever for me (dont even know if I will be getting my money back after hearing your story).

Have bought a few items from them because have heard many good things here but this refund process is

Should I just open a dispute?

Comment

• Darklands
                Banned
                • Nov 2008

it would appear we need to clear up a few facts and misconceptions about the return process here at Darklands.

1 - we don't return money back . . . unless in the rare exception of us having shipped the wrong item - and that is extremely rare.

2 - returns from within the EU are very quick and simple.

3 - returns from outside of the EU (which i assume you guys are speaking of) can be complicated and . . . as of recently, more complicated - for reasons of which i will later explain.

4 - nothing . . . and i mean nothing gets delivered to us (from outside the EU) in 3 or 4 days. it goes straight to German Customs - which has what must be some of the toughest controls in the world.

5 - the next step is they send as a letter telling us they have an item for pickup and we have to go pick it up - with a pile of paperwork . . . to prove that we shipped this item out and that therefore it is not Customs applicable.

6 - there have been isolated cases (recently) where we go to pick the item up (withing the deadline) and they have sent it back to the customer. or, twice now, where do not even get the letter.

7 - now after last week and new legislation they have made it more complicated - requiring us to get a new additional tax number (after 5 years in business here!) that was never required before . . . this is the delay in one of the above questions, and we are working on it.

we don't like these situations any more than you guys do, unfortunately some of them are out of our control. we are trying to work with German Customs to streamline the process and make for less situations where it gets complicated - often it is a relatively, quick process. but one of the things we have always done is work very hard to make sure the size and so forth are correct . . . so that it is right the first time and neither of us have to deal with German Customs at all. just so you know . . . it takes one of our staffers 4 to 4.5 hours just to deal with just ONE non - EU return.

any emails about someone's specific situation will be answered . . . unless you are emailing us two or three times per day about the same thing. we do not have updates to any specific situation, that frequently.

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
                  it would appear we need to clear up a few facts and misconceptions about the return process here at Darklands.

1 - we don't return money back . . . unless in the rare exception of us having shipped the wrong item - and that is extremely rare.
                  Not exactly, since it is mandarory (EU legislation) to refund any purchase bought online in the EU. Item has to be sent back within 7 days. Delay starts from the day of reception. Seller has 30 days to issue the refund, and should cover the shipping fees. Customer pays the returning shipping fees though.

How to claim the 2-year guarantee for EU purchases, get a repair, replacement or refund, how to cancel orders made outside shops (online, by phone, mail order).
                  Last edited by Chant; 09-11-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• savant
                    • Jul 2011

yeah they dont provide me measurements too but i guess that's how they operate..

Comment

• blackfedora
                      • Jan 2012

Thanks for the informative link Christian, although after reviewing the information several times, it seems that the refund rights apply to buyers only in the European Union (of which I am not)...? Perhaps I am not deciphering/interpreting the text properly though....

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                        Thanks for the informative link Christian, although after reviewing the information several times, it seems that the refund rights apply to buyers only in the European Union (of which I am not)...? Perhaps I am not deciphering/interpreting the text properly though....
                        I think he was replying to darklands' general policy and not to your case in particular.

Either way, it doesn't read to me like international customers are given the same rights as listed in the link unfortunately.

Comment

• blackfedora
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                          I think he was replying to darklands' general policy and not to your case in particular.

Either way, it doesn't read to me like international customers are given the same rights as listed in the link unfortunately.
                          You're almost certainly right. I was looking though, to see if there may have been further information that was obscured from my initial reading of the link.

I'll just have to retain faith that Darklands will be true to their word that they are making efforts to rectify the situation to the best of their abilities and that everything will work out in the end.
                          Last edited by blackfedora; 09-10-2012, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• mattizzle
                            • Oct 2011

^
                            Same just hope they do keep their words and refund me the money "soon".

Also anyone know why my shipping ended up back at the Customs? DHL did attempt to deliver my item to Darklands but no one was there at the time.

Do you guys think Darklands should refund the Custom Taxes I paid for? They agreed to reimburse my shipping fees but they didn't say anything about the custom fees. BTW it was their mistake (they sent me the wrong size)

Comment

• Marko
                              • Jul 2009

If you have not worked import and export, you will not know how difficult it is to deal with customs. I have dealt with Darklandsberlin many times, always to my satisfaction, there is a reason their reputation is sterling. They have been doing this for years, they would not risk it all for an order or two.

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

^
                                Same just hope they do keep their words and refund me the money "soon".

Also anyone know why my shipping ended up back at the Customs? DHL did attempt to deliver my item to Darklands but no one was there at the time.

Do you guys think Darklands should refund the Custom Taxes I paid for? They agreed to reimburse my shipping fees but they didn't say anything about the custom fees. BTW it was their mistake (they sent me the wrong size)

That's because there was no delivery attempt. For some reason this info (delivery attempt) always shows up in the tracking information when in fact the package did not leave the local custom office. You usually get the notice from the custom office a day after this strange "delivery attempt" shows up in tracking.
                                If there would have been an attempt by DHL the package would now be at the post office and not at the custom office.
                                Last edited by Verdandi; 09-11-2012, 06:42 AM.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎