• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattizzle
    • Oct 2011

Hey Guys
    Got my refund+ shipping from darkland.

Not sure if darkland should be responsible for the custom taxes i paid for but would it be possible to get my refund from the Customs? If so how do I do that? (I am from NZ btw)

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

The store shouldn't be responsible for that. But you should be able to get a refund from customs, call them and ask what you need to do. They'll probably require a copy of the original paperwork when you declared it, and proof that you shipped it back etc.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dreama
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
        Nope. Celine does have its bi-annual sales. I've never asked about refunds but they're more than willing to exchange items.
        Rosenrot, I'm not sure you're getting it... Darklands accepts exchanges and credit notes, no problem.... they just won't give you cash back if you change your mind (or they will, but that would be the end of online shopping there).

I'm so contemplating the MA+ buckle boots (womenswear, of course).... slurp.
        Last edited by Dreama; 09-15-2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          The store shouldn't be responsible for that. But you should be able to get a refund from customs, call them and ask what you need to do. They'll probably require a copy of the original paperwork when you declared it, and proof that you shipped it back etc.
          Sorry but if the store made a mistake and sent out the wrong item they should be responsible for everything + a nice discount on the next order for the hassle the customer had to go through!
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

right, I didn't take that into account, was just considering it from a return point of view... but any way, to avoid anyone having to pay fees for nothing, its best contact customs and ask what to do if you are returning a product to its origin country.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Rosenrot
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Dreama View Post
              Rosenrot, I'm not sure you're getting it... Darklands accepts exchanges and credit notes, no problem.... they just won't give you cash back if you change your mind (or they will, but that would be the end of online shopping there).

I'm so contemplating the MA+ buckle boots (womenswear, of course).... slurp.
              I'm merely correcting the facts about Celine.
              Originally posted by Patroklus
              Better too adventurous than not enough
              everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Wax
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by noumenos
                guys, am I dreaming or is Darkland basically threatening customers to "ban" them if they dare asking to apply... the law ?
                nope you are not dreaming. Darklands said exactly this in the last page.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

UK members, is there a reason why some people use Parcel Force as opposed to Royal Mail..?

RM Signed For packages from my experience take 2-3 days within the EU and have reliable tracking, whereas parcelforce consinstently takes ridicilously long (over a week) and the tracking sucks, it'll usually say something like "at the local depot" while I can't find anything on the local postal service's tracking until it arrives.

Right now I've been waiting for a package for 10 days, it took 4 days before it even left the origin city and after that I have no fucking clue where it has travelled.

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

That's odd, I have always favored parcelforce over Royal mail. Always has been faster and more trackable when I've sent packages. Costs about 2-3 times the price of RM though. Did they send it using priority?

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I've received express, priority, and this last one which has taken 10 days is business priority... don't know if thats different in any way, but its slow as fuck.

Comment

• docus
                        • Dec 2010

In my opinion, Her Majesty's good old Royal Mail is the best. I always go with Airsure if it's available to the destination country - it's fast, reliable and trackable.

Comment

• miserableman
                          • Dec 2009

royal mail has a weight limit of 2kg. Anything above this and they offer parcel force services.

I don't know why anyone uses parcel force though, prices are ridiculous.

Comment

• wurm
                            • Nov 2010

Yeah, Royal Mail has been quick to the U.S. as well in my experience.

Comment

• Oasis
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              UK members, is there a reason why some people use Parcel Force as opposed to Royal Mail..?

RM Signed For packages from my experience take 2-3 days within the EU and have reliable tracking, whereas parcelforce consinstently takes ridicilously long (over a week) and the tracking sucks, it'll usually say something like "at the local depot" while I can't find anything on the local postal service's tracking until it arrives.

Right now I've been waiting for a package for 10 days, it took 4 days before it even left the origin city and after that I have no fucking clue where it has travelled.
                              Originally posted by docus View Post
                              In my opinion, Her Majesty's good old Royal Mail is the best. I always go with Airsure if it's available to the destination country - it's fast, reliable and trackable.
                              I hate Royal Mail but maybe it's because my local post office staff are useless.. As mentioned already anything over 2kg will be carried via courier on behalf of Royal Mail.. they wanted 62GBP to ship boots to the US from me. Very pricey.

Anyone shipping from the UK I'd highly recommend using the website 'parcel2go'. Simply pop in the dimensions and weight and you get a quote from numerous courier who will all collect from your home.. (I usually use FedEx, it's the cheapest and most reliable in my experience) I sent shoes to the US recently and they arrived in a 1 day I think it was (UK-USA), pants recently took about 3 or 4 days, a blazer 5 days.. (this is using the 1-5 day service, a 1-3 day service is avaliable for about 5GBP extra) The service is fully tracked online, even giving you and the recipient if you wish frequent status updates and I've never had any problems with customs either..
                              Originally posted by christianef
                              u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• miserableman
                                • Dec 2009

I've had quite a few royal mail air sure items takes weeks to get to the US, seems hit and miss. 7-10 days seems normal from my experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎