Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
    this is probably the most unnecessary thread on SZ..

I had great experience with Campbell and Darklands over the past years.
    Ok then, nothing to see here since 550BC have not experienced any trouble with DL.

Originally posted by 550BC
    to add a side note, you guys making his staff ridiculous with those attached images. you are dumb fucks
    Commenting a bad experience with a store in the internet is serious business apparently

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

if you read my post good, there is a thread for retailers and customer service experience. or shall we start a thread for every store that served one of you bad experience. that part is unnecessary. but whatever, do as you please

again I am not affiliated. Like I mentioned before I don't prefer store credit either, when I explained my situation I received a full refund ;) if the mistake is also on their behalf, they will refund you.

How is it scamming/stealing, if you buy online from a legitimate retailer but take a size risk yourself? I agree with upsilonkng, but you apparently don't understand me guardpimp

move on with your discussion instead of discussing about my opinion
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

nvsnli I am not the only one here posting that DL served them good service

besides that, seems like a lot are just hopping on a bandwagon and being influenced by other people their experience and then judge the staff and store.

You have a 14 days withdrawal right in the EU laws when it comes to cancelling an order. this do not include a full refund of money, only when the store has made mistake. this do not include your own sizing risk. refund or store credit is part of the stores own policy.
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

Why would anyone expect a refund of money when their policy is store credit? You chose the wrong size. Blame it on what you want, but you chose and placed the order. These are mostly cases of people not wanting to accept any responsibility for making a purchase. Was anyone not offered store credit? Just nothing?

Those charactures are really lame. You imagine that's what they're like because you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It amazes me when this type of "humor" shows up in here.
          Post this stuff where it belongs. Why is this thread still here?

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
            nvsnli I am not the only one here posting that DL served them good service

besides that, seems like a lot are just hopping on a bandwagon and being influenced by other people their experience and then judge the staff and store.

You have a 14 days withdrawal right in the EU laws when it comes to cancelling an order. this do not include a full refund of money, only when the store has made mistake. this do not include your own sizing risk. refund or store credit is part of the stores own policy.

you are wrong. it's annoying that you post without knowing your facts.

this is taken directly out of the 2014 EU directive:

40. [...] In the case of sales contracts, the withdrawal period should expire after 14 days from the day on which the consumer or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by the consumer, acquires physical possession of the goods. In addition the consumer should be able to exercise the right to withdraw before acquiring physical possession of the goods.

46. In the event that the consumer withdraws from the contract, the trader should reimburse all payments received from the consumer, including those covering the expenses borne by the trader to deliver goods to the consumer. The reimbursement should not be made by voucher unless the consumer has used vouchers for the initial transaction or has expressly accepted them. [...]

48. The consumer should be required to send back the goods not later than 14 days after having informed the trader about his decision to withdraw from the contract. In situations where the trader or the consumer does not fulfil the obligations relating to the exercise of the right of withdrawal, penalties provided for by national legislation in accordance with this Directive should apply as well as contract law provisions.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              you are wrong. it's annoying that you post without knowing your facts.
              Phew saved me some time. Yes Shucks is right. The 14 day withdrawal period is essential in EC consumer laws. What most people tend to forget though is that the 14 days start when you make the actual pick up. If the goods are sitting at your post office for 7 days, you still have 14 days when you pick them up...to examine the goods.

I wouldn't consider any business legit that neglects the law. That's kind of the definition of illegitimate business.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

You have a law that trumps a store's policy? I live in the US, have no idea about that, so I don't really care. If that makes you want to go bang your head on a brick wall, go for it.
                It sounds like something that would allow consumers to take advantage of shops when they regret a purchase, though it's nice that protection exists. If this option exists, why hasn't anyone used this? Have any EU customers with bad DL experiences tried this?
                Didn't the ring come with some sort of box or tag with the size listed? Did they send the complete wrong size, like you ordered a large and they sent a medium? In that case, a refund is warranted.

Comment

• guardimp
                  • Jun 2010

People have used it, then they get blacklisted for darklands. Same as people who they don't like on forums.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                    It sounds like something that would allow consumers to take advantage of shops when they regret a purchase, though it's nice that protection exists. If this option exists, why hasn't anyone used this? Have any EU customers with bad DL experiences tried this?
                    Didn't the ring come with some sort of box or tag with the size listed?
                    The purpose of the law is to make sure the buyer knows what he is buying. Anyone making a contract should be aware of its contents. You have no option to examine the goods you buy online, size, quality etc. Im sure plenty of people use this option
                    If DL doen't like the extra hassle that comes with online shopping, maybe they should just stick with the physical shop? No one is forcing them to sell online. But if they do, they should comply with the law. Its pretty simple really.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

If it's a law then they're going to comply. Wonder if it's a huge pain in the ass to initiate.
                      I don't know why anyone would care if they were banned from a store that they just took legal action on to return something. I doubt either party would want to deal with the other again.

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

I have no clue why people still order stuff from Darklands online. They've been proven to have terrible customer service time and time again.
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Zenith
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                          i bought from them about 8 yrs ago becos of all the marvelous feedback. my experience was shitty but i didnt say anything on here cos i thought my case was an anomaly . wasnt till last year i think when that other thread came about that i realized i definitely wasnt the only one . i couldnt figure out what had happened and im still not sure how my shopping experience there turned out so ghastly . i was really polite , succinct and didnt write 10 paragraph replies cos i was certain theres no way theyre gonna keep my money like this.
                          Pretty much what happened to me, with the addition of the fact that item fit 3 times larger than the tagged size. It could have been avoided completely because I wanted the item, but lol no measurements

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            I have no clue why people still order stuff from Darklands online. They've been proven to have terrible customer service time and time again.
                            Agreed. I am shocked to see people defending them at all.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                              You have a law that trumps a store's policy? I live in the US, have no idea about that, so I don't really care. If that makes you want to go bang your head on a brick wall, go for it.
                              It sounds like something that would allow consumers to take advantage of shops when they regret a purchase, though it's nice that protection exists. If this option exists, why hasn't anyone used this?
                              The law doesn't "trump" a stores policy, the policies should be built around and in compliance with local and international (in this case EU) legislation.

That said, I do agree that the law not convenient or even fair for small stores in particular, it basically allows for goods to be away from the store for over a month with no reimbursement in case of return. So I can kind of see why some stores would like to limit this, at least time wise, even though as said its not legal, but stores still do it. What goes for a no refunds policy (which indeed is not in line with the law either), I personally just avoid purchasing from stores that do this.

If you read back a couple of pages, I personally just had a case where a store denied refund because the retur. shipment was "delayed" causing the goods to be back one day later that their made up policy allows, though well within the legal time frame eligible for a refund. I felt the store was being unreasonable arguing over 1 day, when I myself handled everything promptly and the delay was not my fault.

So yea, you could cite the law to DL too, apparently they will refuse to sell you after this but if you are unhappy with them any way, maybe its not a problem. I've known DL since day one, but I don't shop there for the aforementioned reasons.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Mikevigar
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Agreed. I am shocked to see people defending them at all.
                                It's not necessarily defending them, it is sharing positive experiences people have had with the store rather than negative, balancing out the discussion. People clearly have axes to grind, some of us are just happy with the service we receive from the store and and are uncomfortable with the perception being that DL only provides poor service when that obviously isn't the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎