Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian+
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
    Anybody have any experience (good or bad) with Number 3 in Athens?
    Great shop and service, proceed. I know the guy, Shucks can vouch for him (he has posted a review in this thread as well)

found the review
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
      • Oct 2009

Great, thats what I wanted to hear/read. Thanks for sharing!
      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

You are welcome. btw if you buy something and it gets shipped via the Greek Post when you see ΕΛΛΑΔΑ - ΑΘΗΝΑ (ΚΑΤ) in the tracking it means that the item is currently at the airport and waiting to travel to your country

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
          • Oct 2009

Can only repeat what ian+ and Shucks said about http://www.number3store.com.
          Flawless service with free next day delivery from Athens to Germany. Highly recommended!
          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Excellent service from SVMOSCOW. Quick delivery to NYC
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Ugh, today LN-CC hit a new low in my book.
              These guys pulled a retarded marketing move called "let's add our discount to our items sold out long ago". Now this website has RO first line ramones for 235 euro, drkshdw ramones for 180, geos for 235, leather biker for 535 etc. etc. Who cares it was sold out at 30% off? Let's attract new customers who'd thought "oh my god, how deep discounts do they have, let me watch another sale of them closely".

Honestly, change of management/ownership hasn't done LN-CC any good.

Comment

• guardimp
                • Jun 2010

Well it has kept them in business. The huge drop in service makes me wonder about the new model atelier will have.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Maybe it's an error and no need to jump to conclusions?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

Guys you don't realize that this is a flaw in their system and that it was always there, even before the ownership change.

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

I mean, is there any point to discount items which are long sold out? And insert them in the middle of items NOT sold out so in order to see all items you have to scroll through sold out items with listed price as low as 80% off despite it was sold out at 30% off? If this is an error, why don't they fix it?
                      So far this is the only store which makes things like this: if you struggle to keep your online store, why not to switch to good ol' "mail us an inquiry" Atelier-style business?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I am not saying it's good - I am just saying errors happen on all level. Not saying it WAS an error, but could be.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by newp View Post
                          Ugh, today LN-CC hit a new low in my book.
                          These guys pulled a retarded marketing move called "let's add our discount to our items sold out long ago".
                          I thought LN-CC had done that in the past? I remember taking screenshots a year or two ago because I couldn't believe the prices, and indeed, some articles had been sold out at a higher price, and then "discounted" although sold out. I don't see why this matters... If anything, I thought it was kind of a good thing because you can see that not all articles are at full discount, so it's useful to gage how low some brands can get in terms of pricing ;)

Comment

• newp
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            I am not saying it's good - I am just saying errors happen on all level. Not saying it WAS an error, but could be.
                            Sure, you are right. From my point of view of a client already dissatisfied with current LN-CC, it's intentional: I guess I am just biased. Hope they fix this error soon.

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

There are other shops that continue to apply further discounts to their sold out inventory (for instance The ArchiveSF). The difference is that unlike ln-cc their out of stock items are actually out of stock
                              The flaw is in their system and I can guarantee that this is not intentional at all. You have to take into consideration that it's the warehouse that controls both the actual stock and its presence in the e-shop (I had a recent conversation about this). I could fix everything if I had the chance, these bugs are so easy to fix but cause such a disaster. I should start a new service, e-shop maintenance for SZ affiliates

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                                • Jan 2014

A lot of platforms run off of pretty advanced algorithms and you can specify markdown percentages, dates, etc. to auto-apply at very precise intervals, regardless of if the merchandise is actually in stock. You can also specify when to add/remove product, again regardless of actual stock levels.

I hardly think they are using a bait-and-switch tactic here. Switching to "purchase by inquiry only" model alienates more potential shoppers than you would imagine and leaving all of these "SOLD OUT" links up will still help drive traffic.

Unless somebody can verify this as deliberate foul play with the fine folks at LN-CC, I don't really understand how this is a "customer service" issue versus just being pissed you can't buy something at a deeper bargain.
                                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎