Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the breaks
    • Sep 2007

As a guy who has built those sort of websites i can tell you filtering out sold out items is a thing that can be implemented in a few hours provided you have the information (that the item is sold out). There is no excuse for not doing it.
    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
      As a guy who has built those sort of websites i can tell you filtering out sold out items is a thing that can be implemented in a few hours provided you have the information (that the item is sold out). There is no excuse for not doing it.
      But a business that just got bought out for being in the red likely won't make this priority unless they can see a direct negative financial impact.

Contact them! Maybe you can fix it for trade.
      "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• the breaks
        • Sep 2007

Hah that would be cool, actually... but I would personally wager that it's not a mistake or oversight, it's on purpose.
        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

i've been getting super-fast, friendly and professional service from oki-ni lately. makes me think i might bump them up a notch or two on my list of preferred retailers - above ln-cc for sure.

but yeah, nothing beats number3store in my opinion.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Agreed, I've always been very happy with oki-ni. When some of the people there left and LN-CC came about, I'm sure many assumed oki-ni would fade out but seems like they've been going strong. Their line up is still and has always been very mixed, but thats probably what keeps them in business.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Comotomo
              • Nov 2014

Horrid Service from Farfetch. Dhl left the package without a signature( all packages require a signature) and it got stolen, there was a spate of thefts that very day and police got involved . Farfetch was responsive but did not offer any compensation.

Comment

• rickandjulius
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Comotomo View Post
                Horrid Service from Farfetch. Dhl left the package without a signature( all packages require a signature) and it got stolen, there was a spate of thefts that very day and police got involved . Farfetch was responsive but did not offer any compensation.
                How exactly is that Farfetch's fault?...

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

DHL's liable for that error, and considering Farfetch ships DDP with the item insured at its full value - you should be able to obtain a refund in full through DHL.
                  —
                  -

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Isn't it the senders liability to file an insurance claim though,and compensate the buyer?

You said Farfetch was responsive, what did they tell you then?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      Isn't it the senders liability to file an insurance claim though,and compensate the buyer?

You said Farfetch was responsive, what did they tell you then?
                      Not entirely certain about liability, but I would certainly say it's their responsibility.

De toute façon, was just suggesting a self-directed course of action as it sounded like Farfetch was being lazy... :/
                      —
                      -

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

agreed

I'm not certain either, I was just thinking how usually its the sender who needs to file a claim for a lost package etc at least with postal services, so figured it might be the case with couriers too.

But yea, Farfetch should definitely be handling it, though you might want to try and contact DHL yourself too. still curious to hear what they said to you

Comment

• Comotomo
                          • Nov 2014

I contacted dhl and Farfetch immediately after the thefts . the dhl site showed I signed for it (turns out that they simply used my signature on file which I've never authorized them to use). They responded all my emails very promptly except the "investigation" with dhl.

Rickandjulius
                          I believe it's their problem because dhl is the company they choose to use and if they (dhl) are not being truthful and just leaving items of great value without being authorized they should compensate the customer.

Their response was that "DHL is adamant that they were given permission to leave this package, we can not continue an investigation with them."

Comment

• BodyDouble
                            • Jan 2014

This happened to me once with UPS where the driver drove right past as I was standing outside at 8PM. They said I signed for it and went on their merry way. No one at the local hub believed me and I spent hours and hours calling to no availability. Obviously their call centers can't do anything and aren't able to escalate the claim. I complained to the local hub but the employees did not even try to help so I took the next step and looked up every email or contact info to UPS executives which are available online if you look and sent about 10 Chain Email's describing my situation. About 2 days later a regional manager and an executive contacted me and helped rectify the situation. Turns out they found the package eventually dumped in one of their warehouse hubs as a non deliver and they were able to get me the package as well brought me an expensive gift basket.

Seriously, just do some detective work and make yourself be heard.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              Agreed, I've always been very happy with oki-ni. When some of the people there left and LN-CC came about, I'm sure many assumed oki-ni would fade out but seems like they've been going strong. Their line up is still and has always been very mixed, but thats probably what keeps them in business.

they've kept on doing it right also the past few days - super meticulous and friendly response every time.

luisaviaroma on the other hand - super late shipping (week-long delays...) even when buying new season items, and no response from them to my emails to their returns department. not sure if it's just a temporary thing the past month or so, but it's getting to be annoying...

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

speaking of dhl, i've never seen this type of label before but i'm feelin it. i HATE when couriers take it upon themselves to decide which other persons than myself that they feel can be trusted with the goods, such as some random neighbor or whoever.

Last edited by Shucks; 02-10-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎