Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

this has aways been my great fear about bags.......or any kind of clothing or items for that many

I always want something that is not too out there, but just enough details and a certain look that isn't too Corporate ......I hope you get what I Mean.

I have mixed feelings about Guidi Shoes, but the bags are really great, as hey have just the right amount of "artisanal-ness" in he way they are made.

I also, don't like to talk too much about my own work outside of the threads designated to it, but we have some really great nags this season.

there is the Siamese, redesigned with a shorter handle and a shoulder strap, more better for men.

the is a Newer slightly larger Polis that is Made of Bison, Buffalo and Cowhide which is really amazing, been carrying the sample around and cannot seem to leave it alone

and for the first time, there is a really great weekender, that my assistant has dubbed "the four day weekender" as its really huge with lots of pockets"

there is also a great tote that we didn't carry to Paris, very simple, with two zippers.....

and please don't ask me about any of them in this thread cause I don't wanna take over the thread to discuss my own stuff
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

I'm noticing that bags are very personal...much more so than many other garments, etc. I guess because you have to wear it everyday, so it must accommodate both looks and function. Interesting tho.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lost53
        • Dec 2010

Has anyone handled any Natalia-brilli bags?

Not smitten with most of her creations, but there is one bag that looks like it could fit the bill.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

The new Lost and Found bag will be FUCKING AWESOME.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Dammit! L&F is my weakness...it's taking over my life!
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Not sure if this is made with the same leather that MBD's Marni bag was made out of...

Interesting dual strap system so you can pick which you'd like to use (or both I guess).

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

On another note - whoever was asking for small bag-in-a-bag suggestions...I'm feeling your pain now. I basically need a makeup bag to keep shit from floating all over, but don't really want it to look like a makeup bag, per se. Any ideas? Nicer than a ziplock but nothing too fancy either.

Comment

• kuugaia
                  • Feb 2010

^ Was mentioned a few pages back, but I was recently in a Muji store and I can vouch that they really are quite decent. Mostly black and grey, so it's really just an ambiguous functional bag that can be used inside your day-to-day bag (or for travelling). Worth checking out imo.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                    ^ Was mentioned a few pages back, but I was recently in a Muji store and I can vouch that they really are quite decent. Mostly black and grey, so it's really just an ambiguous functional bag that can be used inside your day-to-day bag (or for travelling). Worth checking out imo.
                    I did look at them online, but hard to gauge appropriateness whence not seeing them in person. Will definitely look next time I'm in nyc tho.

...I hate living in Canada.

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

Yeah you'd probably want to have a look in person to test out the size of the compartments and stuff. But I'm not sure if all the stuff that they have in store is online, because I swear they had more...

Comment

• byhand
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        L&F bags have always been wonderful. I never see them for sale anywhere, so I have to settle for longingly looking at photos.

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

a few weeks ago, i recommended ib&b to dane. well, i ended up buying it myself on sale and it's been pretty good so far.

the leather is soft paper thin and you can knot the strap to adjust the length. there's a pouch in the inside wall and it's lined. and the best part is, it's not huge..

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

^ looks very nice! Does the leather feel strong at all?

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

What kind of closure is at the top? I guess it would change the aesthetic but I prefer a flap of some kind just for security purposes. Love the overall shape and the leather looks pretty amazing though.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

dane, the strap is actually made of leather pieces, then attached using some type of rivet to the body. i doublt it can take serious weight, but i've used it enough to know it's limits.

bd, there is no closure on this bag. however, it did come with a note saying that no one was abused in india where this bag was made, or something like that..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎