Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBSCCP
    • Feb 2010

^ depends on how cold and what else you want to wear.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Inoffensive...not going to stand up to a Canadian winter, but would be good for inside chilliness.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

Haha, I knew the Canadian winter. For now, I live in France and may be I'll move to the northern Europe like UK or Irland in winter.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
          • Jun 2011

i'm sure itd be fine for winter, its not like it will be you're top layer if you're in canada, maybe LA, but not canada
          -v_o_t
          sale items

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

i considered that bbs cardigan in grey and they had one at atelier that i wish was my size. if you're in the market for a cardigan and it fits your warddrobe then my vote would be yes.

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

Thanks for your replys. I'll probably buy it in the coming days.

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

Crowzer, it is a layering piece, and not outermost for anywhere with a real winter.

There was a recut of this piece, perhaps shorter, in the preview for AW11. Haven't seen anywhere, but if anyone has seen it, I'd be keen to know.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

The cardigan match with my clothes.

I think I'll wear it everyday but, if one day, the weather getting more cold, I will complete it a coat.

I Appreciate your remark.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

its a nice piece, fits very slim and long. I'm a slim 50 and an L was very fitted on me, so I would advice to size up.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Derbies.

Guidi or m.a+?

looking at the standard Guidi 992 and m.a+ classic derbies. Though pricing-wise, grandmas are probably almost twice of them Guidis.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

^nic you have a great wardrobe and i think the grandmas have an elegance that most guidi's don't. not intimately familiar with the 992's though

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

If you're going for a more classic look, definately go for the ma+ classic derbies, not staple. Something less classic, go for staple derbies.

The thing with staple derbies/boots, for me, I sometimes like the look but sometimes don't and find the one piece design a little weird looking with the laces.

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

J, Raw: thanks. i too agree that the grandmas have a more refined look while the guidi's tend to look more 'unpolished'. but the price point of the ma+ derbies are

Raw: are there any differences in shape/look between the classic and staple? i always thought they looked the same, only with the addition of the staple.

Comment

• sshum88
                              • Dec 2007

My vote goes to MA+. Yes the price is at least 2x but if you get lots of wear out of them, then it will be worth it.

I have both and wear them for different occasions as I find the Guidis to be a little more on the casual side. The toe box on the Guidis is almost squarish in shape, which is something you may not like. The classic MA+ are nice but I wouldn't rule out the two new shapes he came out with this fall.

I've seen derbys with and without the staples and they appear to be the same shape and last. But I didn't try them on to be able to verify that they fit exactly the same.

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                              Derbies. Guidi or m.a+?

looking at the standard Guidi 992 and m.a+ classic derbies. Though pricing-wise, grandmas are probably almost twice of them Guidis.
                              Originally posted by eat me
                              If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

The shape would be similar if they are from the same season but the difference i the way the laces look.

Classic:

Staple:

I guess sometimes, with the staple derbies, it can look like the laces are pinching the leather together and not as elegant looking as the classic derbies.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎