X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skye X
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
    White's nearly as easy to wear as black, only trouble is that it can be hit and miss with other leather colors. The infamous Julius bacon jacket will work with black leather, but probably won't work with those, for example. It will work with black leathers though.
    Bacon jacket? Red rider?

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by shdws View Post
      Now I just need more sane people to talk some sense into me into not taking the plunge, my gut tells me I will wear it only so many times that's if it even works out in the first place.
      had a pair of all-white boots a while back. every time i tried wearing them, i just felt they were waaaay too much. admittedly, they were brighter white than the ones u are lookin at, and everything else i wear is black, so mine really stuck out. but i still say no. when in doubt, don't...

Comment

• shdws
        • Sep 2011

Hi Shucks

You have any fit pics of your said white boots by any chance buddy? and did you sell them?
        Originally posted by Shucks View Post
        when in doubt, don't...
        I love how you ended it there, "when in doubt, don't: buy them....or don't not buy them" (even though the latter is grammatically wrong lol).

Its good to get peoples opinions, my brain is just obsessed with the boots (black ones, white are last resort) and not actually thinking about if I could ever wear them or not lol. SO THANKS!!!! More responses would save my wallet and stupidity tbh
        Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

Buy and dye them black? Or just apply black wax
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• phiman
            • Dec 2011

what i don't like about these boots is the natural leather colour shining through the white. and there is something really strange about the shape of the heel. seems so...clunky.
            other than that i see no problem in wearing white boots, except that its a pain in the ass to keep them clean

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by phiman View Post
              other than that i see no problem in wearing white boots, except that its a pain in the ass to keep them clean

dude, you can't clean white footwear. defeats the whole purpose if it..

Comment

• Czx
                • Feb 2011

Agreed. If you are going with white boots don't keep them all nice and clean. It takes away all the character from them and to me just looks too shiny.
                néant
                Last.FM paranoia
                Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                0 > ∞

Comment

• shdws
                  • Sep 2011

I shall keep this post short, as I have been informed assertively by a certain someone to stop posting replies on the same thread and to use PM, I'm totally confused by it btw but anyhoo no harm done:D, mellow as a marshmellow on weed. I just thought I should show some common courtesy to reply within same thread.
                  Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                  Buy and dye them black? Or just apply black wax
                  Mr Kard!

But I'll need to search in forums on peoples experience on using black wax to turn them into black. BUT DEF TY!

what i don't like about these boots is the natural leather colour shining through the white. and there is something really strange about the shape of the heel. seems so...clunky.
                  Hi phiman! yea maybe you find it weird cause its actually 3inch heel.

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                  dude, you can't clean white footwear. defeats the whole purpose if it..
                  Hi Endersgame!HOLY crap they actually look nice, but in a hobo way (but its definitely dope X10 homie)
                  Last edited by shdws; 01-22-2012, 10:55 AM.
                  Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• phiman
                    • Dec 2011

if i'd buy white boots, i'd like them to keep their colour.. of course not in terms of being shiny everafter. but i guess that's a question of personal taste! guess that also has to do with my conscience telling me to at least try to preserve expensive clothing.

Edit: "I just thought about it wearing them white until they get totally dirty, and just wax em black ;)" - shdws

another good approach to deal with that problem. haha
                    Last edited by phiman; 01-22-2012, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by shdws View Post
                      Hi Beardown!

Yea..I'm not 100% sure to go with them or not, you are right...it will be in other words very eye catching which is definitely not my intentions.

side note: you look at your feet when you walk in general : /? or is it because if they were white, its just like distracting so to speak?

Anyone else has their opinion on white boots (Or these ones in question? and fit pics of any white boots? (i looked so hard in WAYWT thread couldn't find much for a while...gave up)I really want to see someone donning some white boots actually, or even the puppies I'm talking about!

(sorry about double post my bad)
                      I wear white footwear quite often, including some white boots (these are Margiela size zips in white perforated leather, just got the cowboy boot version -also in white).

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• swrecked
                        • Sep 2011

Since we're on the topic of white boots, what about the CCP folded oxfords in 'urine'. They look pretty nice to me.

http://darklandsberlin.com/site/bran...year-oxfords-3

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

if i'd buy white boots, i'd like them to keep their colour.. of course not in terms of being shiny everafter. but i guess that's a question of personal taste! guess that also has to do with my conscience telling me to at least try to preserve expensive clothing.
                          It's totally fine to preserve investment goods, which are what most boots are at this price range. But the problem with white boots I find is that they are too bright that its hard to concentrate on anything else other than how white the boots are - everything else in the outfit is shadowed. But of course it's a personal taste thing, some people here like the fact that they stand out. For me, I find new and clean converse chuck taylors weird, they beg to be beaten up; so by that logic I also feel the same about white boots.

Comment

• shdws
                            • Sep 2011

FuumaThanks for a good IRL pic of white boots fit. Lol your hair reminds me of mine while I'm tying to grow mine out.
                            Swrecked That is no where near white I think, its like creamy, at best off white, and I myself am not a fan of those anyway, but others may like em.
                            Dying white boots are def an option, I have read about people dying leather(mainly Jackets), I just need the cojones to do it.

Comment

• Castor
                              • Nov 2009

Any thought on these Ann boots?

Originally posted by DRRRK
                              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

cutting it dangerously close to a plain ol' military boot there

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎