Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • voltbird
    • Feb 2014

Do these scream Wicked Witch of the West in a good or a bad way?

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
      • May 2014

really bad way?

Comment

• fireflygrave
        • Aug 2012

those are super unfortunate
        put a tiger in your tank

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by fireflygrave View Post
          those are super unfortunate
          I bet you can use them as a substitute for forks though.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
            • Jan 2015

Thoughts on these sandals? Looking for footwear for the hot summer, not sure how comfortable these are though. The other thing is, I always have a hard time visualizing what sandals look like with feet in them

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Not as nice as these by CCP.

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=voltbird;495994]Do these scream Wicked Witch of the West in a good or a bad way?

I dont mind the point on the shoe really. Its a modern and minimal winklepicker. These are office Goth in a cute but threatening way. Lol.

But, depends on your shoe size. This is a shoe that will look best small I think. Even better on a small person--as weird as that might sound.

Finally, how do you plan to wear them? Id say go full lil' witch and pair them with long skirts. I dont think they'd be as cool with pants?

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                  • Jun 2012

^^Comme or Yohji skirts, to be specific!

Comment

• voltbird
                    • Feb 2014

"Cute but threatening" is what I usually aim for, although I was considering pairing those shoes with a cropped and tapered pant and visible socks. I do, however, also own a fair amount of long skirts. I'm 5'6" and a 7.5, so height-wise and shoe-wise I am about as average as they come.

I think an item like that is really really context specific, depends on the outfit and the person wearing it--but I think Voltbird could pull it off, she does well with more interesting/extreme shoes.
                    Why thank you, I'm flattered!

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                      • Jun 2012

[QUOTE=voltbird;496327]"Cute but threatening" is what I usually aim for, although I was considering pairing those shoes with a cropped and tapered pant and visible socks. I do, however, also own a fair amount of long skirts. I'm 5'6" and a 7.5, so height-wise and shoe-wise I am about as average as they come.

Ah, yes, the visible sock sounds good to me!!--I didn't think of that as I automatically visualized footy(invisible, ha) socks with these shoes. Now that you mention, some little white socks showing would make these look cool with pants. Please get and demonstrate!

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

Drop crotch or no drop crotch?

Comment

• NOHSAD
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                          Drop-crotch a nice because it gives a different shape to your bottom half, as well as better motion while walking without feeling restricted (personal perk of mine). Biggest problem with drop crotch is that depending on you style, it may not be for you or people end up looking like they got shit in their pants due to ill sizing or fit . That being said, Drop-crotch fits based on designers is also key.

I'm sure BBS drop-crotch will fit/look on you different compared to _7 and even to Zam Barrett.

Reference -While the only pair of drop crotch pants I own at the moment within the SZ sphere are from ZamB, I wore drop crotch a lot during High School, most of them from i Love Ugly.
                          "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• voltbird
                            • Feb 2014

Yes to drop crotch. It's the only example of garment design I can think of where my opinion of it did a complete 180. I originally wrote it off but once I got a feel for how it looked and functioned on my own body, and practiced styling it appropriately, I fell in love with it.

This is the most rewarding part of building one's own personal style, I think: to be totally unsure or skeptical about a design and jumping in and learning how to make it work. And when you learn to make something work, you come love it in an entirely different way, kind of removed from lust and instant gratification. Love at first sight is a wonderful experience, of course, and I think most of what I buy probably fits in that category. But it's a different kind of satisfaction altogether when you work to incorporate something new.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

I'm going to be the contrarian and say nay, from the perspective of a Rickhead. If you don't mean Rick, then I don't have much of an opinion, but as far as Rick is concerned, he has so much more to offer that warrants experimenting with. But all my Rick bottoms are drop crotch, so this is more sake of argument and not a practice what I preach sort of thing. Someday when my sweats wear out, I suppose.
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                                Depends on the model. Pod/early CCP style drop? No. Drops that look like a higher rise worn slouchier? Yes... maybe. Problem with those is that it makes your shirts look extra short.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎