X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gatsu
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by smudge View Post
    I'd probably go with charcoal in that case since it's probably more appropriate and versatile in the long run for an only suit. Whenever I've worn a black suit, I've gotten the funeral comment unless I paired it with some Julius or BBS top instead of a dress shirt.
    Found out that it was a gala. Should i still go with charcoal?

Comment

• smudge
      • Jul 2012

Gala's are black-tie events no? Should probably go with a tux. Black suit is probably fine if it's nothing too fancy.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Well is there a dresscode or not?

Imo black is fine for many occasions, but obviously it depends on how you wear it, white shirt + black tie is formal whereas no tie and a grey (or colored) shirt is more casual. Of course, the suit itself matters too.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

thoughts on the Devoa kangaroo fur jacket? will it fill that shearling shaped hole in my wardrobe or should I keep endlessly searching for that long haired Intarsia..

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post

thoughts on the Devoa kangaroo fur jacket? will it fill that shearling shaped hole in my wardrobe or should I keep endlessly searching for that long haired Intarsia..
            Always Devoa never not Devoa. Yes.

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

That looks great, though are the gloves part of the jacket or another piece?

Comment

• cjbreed
                • Feb 2009

see i disagree. i have never been sold on devoa. just personal taste i guess
                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

I will say it does not seem to work on my tall body type, little too short for comfort in body and sleeves but perhaps I need to size up more than I think.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                    That looks great, though are the gloves part of the jacket or another piece?
                    gloves are a separate piece, some item shots on Fascinate's blog.

Devoa generally works fairly well on me as I'm slim and short-ish (173cm) with slightly broad shoulders proportionally. that said the anatomical cuts tend to be fairly forgiving so they can be worn on the looser side while still been flattering (provided the shoulders fit).

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

hell no, DJI , the rabbit fur one is way better but those jackets are too stiff and the clothes is just generally cut weird and I am not sure who is buying this.

random anecdote

I went into a store once randomly and i was told i could not go in because of devoa preorders being taken place and if I did not have a reservation in I cant browse the store, and generally I find this bureaucratic behaviour is in poor taste considering no one was in the store, so I have personal bias as to why I do not like Devoa(one of many reasons)... those are my two cents.
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

thanks for the info TD. I've never actually tried or handled any Devoa leathers as few stores outside of Japan carry them. for what it's worth I'm a fan of their outerwear however the basics, suiting and pants never really did it for me. nice wool shirts though.

a couple of weekends ago I saw folks queuing outside of a Kate Spade outlet store..

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                          • Feb 2015

Julius Gas Mask Cargos with Rick Owens Ramones? I feel like the aesthetics would clash a bit as the cargos are industrial/military and the ramones are punk/street/sporty. Or for that matter, any sneaker?

Here's the best example I've seen of something like this being pulled off:

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
                            Julius Gas Mask Cargos with Rick Owens Ramones? I feel like the aesthetics would clash a bit as the cargos are industrial/military and the ramones are punk/street/sporty. Or for that matter, any sneaker?

Here's the best example I've seen of something like this being pulled off:
                            Thanks I guess but I think that serpentine owner with the leather gas masks and the CCP sneakers looks way better than I do in this fit. Those cargos are a little funny too, the newer ones are better than these were, I could have sized down.
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                              Thanks I guess but I think that serpentine owner with the leather gas masks and the CCP sneakers looks way better than I do in this fit. Those cargos are a little funny too, the newer ones are better than these were, I could have sized down.
                              Dude this is you? I think you really look awesome here! I don't think I've seen a pic of that outfit though. Can you link it to me? I'd love to see.

Comment

• yubbermax
                                • Jun 2014

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
                                Dude this is you? I think you really look awesome here! I don't think I've seen a pic of that outfit though. Can you link it to me? I'd love to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎