Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

[quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="zamb"]

the wisest and best way to get through a recession is to spend your way thorough it!!!!!!!

recession be damned, I am a shopaholic!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

this may be the case, but you gotta get paid to spend money...clothes should never be bought on credit....

[/quote]

True as this may be, I know that if that white leather CCP S/S 08 jacket drops before you've made good with Uncle Sam, you'll be busting at the marshals like Gordon Kahl when they come to foreclose on your apartment. ;)

[/quote]

c'mon, get your priorities straight. ccp leather >>>>>>>>>> house mortgage

[/quote]

LMFAO!! [74][74]

Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• aruva
      • Dec 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="zamb"]

the wisest and best way to get through a recession is to spend your way thorough it!!!!!!!

recession be damned, I am a shopaholic!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

this may be the case, but you gotta get paid to spend money...clothes should never be bought on credit....

[/quote]

True as this may be, I know that if that white leather CCP S/S 08 jacket drops before you've made good with Uncle Sam, you'll be busting at the marshals like Gordon Kahl when they come to foreclose on your apartment. ;)

[/quote]

c'mon, get your priorities straight. ccp leather >>>>>>>>>> house mortgage

[/quote]

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

with the subprime mortgage debacle, a ccp jacket will be worth more than a house in a few months.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Re: Recession Support Group (devil's advocate)

enabler, enabler, enabler...ugh. I am beginning to wish I never made that response statement in the opening of this thread. Yes, SZ was a double edged sword, but how quickly its evolving into another beast. I used to love that there was some backing on a planned purchase or a purchase made. Most of these SZ approved esoteric lines are unknown to the masses. So who else do we have to turn to for discussion on potential purchases? I need that kind of support once in a while, 'cause I certainly am not getting it from the wife or most of my friends. The prices of these goods have always been relatively stratospheric. Why the veto storm? Buy! Buy! Buy! I will say do so with prudence, but buy! For when the fires of Vesuvius come upon you, there will be no hiding regardless.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Re: Recession Support Group (devil's advocates can go back to hell)

dave, in all fairness you have your own store, so you do need to buy to sell, so you should just start your own pro purchasing thread...SZ needs both parties...
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Re: Recession Support Group (devil's advocate redux)

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

The RSG should be limited to this thread for sure. I'm glad it's here, it's something good to have, but it shouldn't (and won't) infect the rest of the site will it?
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]dave, in all fairness you have your own store, so you do need to buy to sell, so you should just start your own pro purchasing thread...SZ needs both parties...
                  [/quote]

The rest of SZ is a pro-purchasing thread.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

Pnd...I think the yes or no? thread will suffice. The efficacy of that thread in its purpose is solid and I believe a 'pro-purchase thread' would be superfluous. I just want to get me a pair of the m.a+ full boots and would like opinions without being inundated with opposition for the sake of brevity. I know this is your thread so my apologies if the post offended you on a personal level Phillip. You know its not my intent to do so.

[quote user="theetruscan"]The RSG should be limited to this thread for
                    sure. I'm glad it's here, it's something good to have, but it
                    shouldn't (and won't) infect the rest of the site will it?
                    [/quote]

I'm happy its hear too. I certainly have gained from the thread myself.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="theetruscan"]

[quote user="philip nod"]dave, in all fairness you have your own store, so you do need to buy to sell, so you should just start your own pro purchasing thread...SZ needs both parties...
                      [/quote]

The rest of SZ is a pro-purchasing thread.

[/quote]

heehe. True enough.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

no worries at all, dave, there never were any...i think this thread will get to a point where some purchases will be applauded, but like i said, ample evidence must be provided....but yes, i honestly saved myself a G today, and to have a place to go when a potential purchase is consuming you is great. i think a place like this would have been great for me say three weeks ago, when i bought 5 pairs of pants in a manic pants moment, mainly from online w/o even thinking.

but i'm serious, a baller enabler thread would be brilliant too (i nominate aka) (the yes or no thread seems neutral) like sometimes there are those pieces that nobody, even if they had a fencing sword to your head, could talk you out of...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I know Faust voted to ban me from RSG for it [74], but I'd eat white rice and nothing else for a couple of weeks if it meant locking down the fencing in 48/50. AKA, it's you and me man!

P, glad you were talked out of the Jil piece. I think the salesperson that helped you was a covert RSG member (usually the tattoo is on the forearm and burns when someone is about to make an ill-advised purchase) and reverse-psyched you out of that piece.

Jil is dime-a-dozen just like almost all the other brands carried by Saks & Barneys. Sell-out probability is very very low.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• pbt
                            • Jan 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

ok, so i've been looking for a photo for this but cant find one.

wandered by jil sander on my way to the guggenheim yesterday and took an ill advised peek in.

the suits are quite nice, but i never wear suits anymore, so i didn't bother.

i did find a gorgeous baby blue/grey cardi cashmere/silk blend. 900.

first of all, i thought it would be nice because i like to wear color, and it matches my eyes, and would be a perfect addition to my spring wardrobe.

second off, jil sander fits me really well and i already got a pair of shorts from this season.

third off, i only have one spring cardi, and they are pretty much my favorite things to wear everyday...

[/quote]

I had a great one, but I had to redact it because I got the geographical element wrong and apparently it would have been redundant anyway. Catch-up before post.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i read it and thought it was so funny i didn't have a response :)

Comment

• pbt
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]i read it and thought it was so funny i didn't have a response :)
                                [/quote]

Corrected version culled from the redacted post for putting the fear of god back in your purchasing veins. In case the blue and dove love grabs you again.

"Pnod, your Lithuanian failed you with damels at Chez Igor on Rue Palais Royale and now you'rebasking
                                in the glow of dappled QuingFlag halogen and Shaun Cassidy polaroidat the
                                egg roll bar at Dav-ay for that consolation cocktail before callin it a night. Thatbabybleucashis matching up so sweet with your eyesand,
                                this time? Dave remembers to drop theRohypnolin your Lychee Martini."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎