Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: Recession Support Group (no enablers allowed!)

[quote user="ddohnggo"]just sold my m.a+ belt and i want to get another. give me reasons why i shouldn't. :(
    [/quote]

i would have to ask, do you have a specific belt in mind? do you have a pic for us to see? is there something in particular about this belt that makes it stand out from the one you just sold, or are you just feeling the loss and have the urge to satisfy that loss?

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

i don't have a picture b/c the one i saw was the s/s 08 one, which isn't on the A site.

i want a belt that's thicker than the slim wishbone that i had is a big larger in size. i didn't wear the previous belt because i need to size up (the gf bought it via phone prior to us moving to nyc). plus i realized i like more substantial belts than skinny ones.

i think it's partly that i have an urge to satisfy the loss and also the fact that i only have the ccp double belt that i wear regularly, which i can't wear in formal occasions. i guess the real dilemma is i guess i don't NEED an m.a+ belt, but any belt in general should suffice...

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Any belt should suffice is the key phrase. Why pay $500+ for a single strip of leather that took some worker 10 minutes to cut out of a $100 hide. The amount of silver in the belt is probably $8 worth. Just take the buckle off of a cheap black belt, rub the shit out of it with some sandpaper and cut a slit in it. Save yourself $495 for the same look. They aren't worth the money. Is that piece of leather and a bit of Silver worth that money? Hell no.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

wow, this thread does work. i'll have to definitely rethink this.

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

RSG mopping it up!!! I think this support group could get an eskimo to walk away from fire.

Joey, definitely rethink than pass.

Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

[quote user="DHC"]

RSG mopping it up!!! I think this support group could get an eskimo to walk away from fire.

Joey, definitely rethink than pass.

[/quote]

[86]

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i don't have a picture b/c the one i saw was the s/s 08 one, which isn't on the A site.

i want a belt that's thicker than the slim wishbone that i had is a big larger in size. i didn't wear the previous belt because i need to size up (the gf bought it via phone prior to us moving to nyc). plus i realized i like more substantial belts than skinny ones.

i think it's partly that i have an urge to satisfy the loss and also the fact that i only have the ccp double belt that i wear regularly, which i can't wear in formal occasions. i guess the real dilemma is i guess i don't NEED an m.a+ belt, but any belt in general should suffice...

[/quote]

ok. no pics, no problem. so it seems that you do need another belt, a thicker one and a slightly larger one and one that can be more formal. good reasons to get a new belt. perhaps you just need to wait a bit, and find the right belt that can serve all of the needs that you have, rather than just impulsively get one right away to satisfy the loss urge.

saying any belt in general should suffice...maybe not so true. we dont NEED many of the things we have especially here. but it is nice to have what you want and what you like.

I say wait a bit and let the loss urge pass and then you can make a clearer decision about purchasing what satisfies you the most, while being the most cost effective...

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Any belt should suffice is the key phrase. Why pay $500+ for a single strip of leather that took some worker 10 minutes to cut out of a $100 hide. The amount of silver in the belt is probably $8 worth. Just take the buckle off of a cheap black belt, rub the shit out of it with some sandpaper and cut a slit in it. Save yourself $495 for the same look. They aren't worth the money. Is that piece of leather and a bit of Silver worth that money? Hell no.[/quote]

Exactly! Belts are definitely one of the last things one should spend big bucks on.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

i love this thread!!!!

wish i wanted something badly enough to post it in here...[:(] ah well, maybe something will come up! [86]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]
                      Again, not to be an enabler, but I don't see anything wrong with buying a few pieces from American Apparel in size XXL, especially if you're a skinny guy.

[/quote]

aka nails one from the baseline....looks like his jumper is strong this evening...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="kira"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

ok. no pics, no problem. so it seems that you do need another belt, a thicker one and a slightly larger one and one that can be more formal. good reasons to get a new belt. perhaps you just need to wait a bit, and find the right belt that can serve all of the needs that you have, rather than just impulsively get one right away to satisfy the loss urge.

saying any belt in general should suffice...maybe not so true. we dont NEED many of the things we have especially here. but it is nice to have what you want and what you like.

I say wait a bit and let the loss urge pass and then you can make a clearer decision about purchasing what satisfies you the most, while being the most cost effective...

[/quote]

kira are you talking about belts or....?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Any belt should suffice is the key phrase. Why pay $500+ for a single strip of leather that took some worker 10 minutes to cut out of a $100 hide. The amount of silver in the belt is probably $8 worth. Just take the buckle off of a cheap black belt, rub the shit out of it with some sandpaper and cut a slit in it. Save yourself $495 for the same look. They aren't worth the money. Is that piece of leather and a bit of Silver worth that money? Hell no.[/quote]

Exactly! Belts are definitely one of the last things one should spend big bucks on.

[/quote]

as usual, Coach runs an alley oop end around for Jordan...that brings the house down

it wasn't until the past months that i ended up buying 3 belts after calming dissing them season after season. and what happens after i do. recession. i blame myself. belts are the last thing you need to be spending $ on. wait for some time, pass the buck back to Jordan, maybe he'll make you one, if he doesn't you still got double CCP guarding each one of your balls, so you got nothing to worry about...and nobody else is buying those MA+ belts either so you got plenty of time.

pm sent. case closed. RSG thanks you.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

best thread ever.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

hahahahaha!!!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pbt
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="kira"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

kira are you talking about belts or....?

[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎