Small questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • May 2007

It was black, size 48, and zippered down the middle. Had a button on the botton on the back.
    Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
    are you talking about that green leather jacket with shearling on the inside? i thought that one was kind of fail. i hear that if you go to l'eclarieur, you might be able to pull off some negotiations on pricing...
    Last edited by image; 06-29-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

How expensive/effective is it to get holes small holes fixed in delicate knits? I've got an HL navy sweater with a small hole it it, an Ann hoodie with a tiny hole and I'm very disappointed to find a small hole in the seat of my new Tim Hamilton jersey shorts! None of these are major or really noticeable, but I figure better to get them fixed before they become big holes.

Is this something I can get done at a tailor shop, or do I need to look for a reweaver? I don't even know if I can find such a thing in my part of the world. Also, if it's a pretty standard fabric (like black jersey) and I don't have extra thread, will they be able to match it no problem?

With all the delicate fabrics worn on here I'm confident SZ will deliver!
      music

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

so I think I've found something I want but it's in Australia not Japan. Anything I should be aware of as far as customs to the US....and, this may be sound ridiculous, but would it be a good idea to have it shipped without the hanger and tags so it looks "used"

thanks for all your help

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

this was just discussed; marking the value low ($50 for example) and as a gift will help avoid customs. shipping without tags might be of further help as the value is hard to determine if there is now price and so on...
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
            How expensive/effective is it to get holes small holes fixed in delicate knits? I've got an HL navy sweater with a small hole it it, an Ann hoodie with a tiny hole and I'm very disappointed to find a small hole in the seat of my new Tim Hamilton jersey shorts! None of these are major or really noticeable, but I figure better to get them fixed before they become big holes.

Is this something I can get done at a tailor shop, or do I need to look for a reweaver? I don't even know if I can find such a thing in my part of the world. Also, if it's a pretty standard fabric (like black jersey) and I don't have extra thread, will they be able to match it no problem?

With all the delicate fabrics worn on here I'm confident SZ will deliver!
            C, your best bet is to go with a reweaver although I believe some tailoring businesses can handle this as well.

Depending on the thinness of the thread and density of the weave it may end up having to be stitched leaving a little "dart".

Interested to see what others say as well.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

most of the time just sewing it up will do the trick, if its a sheer/delicate knit it can leave a slight "scar" as mentioned
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Thanks for the answers guys! I will seek out a reweaver.

And I just noticed your signature mike lowrey, I'm flattered!
                music

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

haha, I had to

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Barneys won't be closed (at least not on the 3rd or the 5th). Department stores would stay open in the middle of a hurricane. I can't speak for Atelier though.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

What's the latest on the iPhone? Can I walk in and buy one? Is there a line? Are the Apple stores sold out?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• magic
                        • Feb 2009

its iphone 3G S
                        Focusing on object details

Comment

• LittleNinja
                          • Apr 2009

Last edited by LittleNinja; 01-01-2010, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• SunshineSometime
                            • May 2008

Littleninja, i don't see why not.

Comment

• delirium
                              • Sep 2008

hey
                              i got the DD suede / leather boots from classifieds recently (thanks aka)

i don't like the tabs on the bottom of the shoe heel dragging behind when i walk makes me feel weird (get the same feeling when i see people drag their jean hems).

anyone have any ideas? i tried taping them up for a temporary solution. was thinking of maybe using magnets heh, but i'd love to hear anyone's input.

thanks

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

if you really dont like it just cut it off. not much different with or without it..
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎