X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcotteri
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
    sorrysolame, but can anyone help me out with japanese webstores stocking kolor and sacai (mens)?

thanks!
    Basement in Fukuoka stocks Kolor..

sure it would be a piece of cake for Hide from Sharp Service to pick it up from either Basement or Minority Rev as they are located very close to his business
    WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
      M.A.+ Aviators

I'm looking to buy an M.A.+ Aviator. (Maybe it's all of them popping up in the Classifieds) But I'm a little hesitant to buy the current season based on the feedback I've seen on the site. It seems as though the SS07 Aviator was arguable the best. Would anyone mind explaining this? I've never had the opportunity to see this particular piece IRL. I've only seen the current boiled wool version and this past SS take on it. I know sizing varies quite a bit, but does the cut vary from season to season? Are the pros/cons based on fabrics used? Colors? I realize this is a personal choice. But I'm also interested in hearing an experienced viewpoint before I make such a large purchase.

Perhaps this isn't the best place to ask. I've tried to find an answer to this question throughout many threads. I've actually taken a few days and read the entire MA+ DATW thread. Any insight from those who have, or have had one is appreciated.
      This should be pinned in the noob thread under "how to ask for help."

I don't own one, but plenty of people do, so maybe pnod, hobo, and others can chime in. I do think that the torso has been getting shorter while the arms have been getting longer - I don't know why that is, and who these apes are that grandMA is cutting for. I like these things in theory, but I think they are terribly overpriced (moot point, I guess), so getting one from the classifieds is a smart idea. I think it's a great everyday piece - casual, but also interesting. I like the stiff cotton he uses for them. Also, the sizing has varied from season to season, so best ask for measurements.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

^Thanks. My apologies for the placement of it. I hadn't come across the HTAFH thread. The vastness of the site is beyond my free time.

Many of the MA+ pieces I've actually tried on had short torsos. I'm of average height and the fit was very off, to say the least.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Well, I'm short, so the torso works, but you need monkey arms for these, so that doesn't work.

There is no HTAFH - you did the right thing.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

The first edition aviators have more of an artisanal "touch" to them. Pieces varied from one to the other in small ways... certainly the sizing did as well.

Like Faust said, if you decide to go with an earlier one, be sure to get actual measurements. Pnod and I have a forever battle on the size 46 one I have that fits like a 50. That being said, the original blue one I owned at one point definitely fit on the larger side for me as well.

Fabric and treatments of the original ones are also extremely unique and nice. Creasing of the fabric generated whitening along those lines and the slight split at the cuff ends and the rolling really complete the look. I believe the earliest aviator hoods are also less "clean" with the portions near the chin extending outwards some more so that the edge of the hood itself is not perfectly round. All the seam ends of the gray one I have are clearly hand finished/reinforced whereas the blue one I had was not.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Great description A. Blue is still a great version, very similar to the grey ;)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
                Great description A. Blue is still a great version, very similar to the grey ;)

thanks D :)

you and I have certainly handled/worn both! Both are true classics. Sharp yet still distinctly artisanal when you look at all the internal stitchwork and the details.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Diego
                  • Aug 2007

Exactly. I would recommend Peasant to get one of the older versions if he can find them.

Colors:

blue (ss07), grey (aw06??), black (ss08)

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

I can see you like your hoodies... Which one do you wear the most? I think I prefer the blueish one.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Diego
                      • Aug 2007

blue is definitely my favorite.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Diego just exploded the small questions thread :)

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

^Thanks to everyone for the info. The stiff cotton blend seems to be ideal for this piece. I'd love to track down an earlier version.Though, those who have them are unlikely to let them go, consider this a WTB plea. (Hint Hint* Diego. I pay well)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Best bet is to continually, systematically continue to check yahoo japan :)

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              Diego just exploded the small questions thread :)
                              no doubt...and there might be another baby on the way

i found that the blue s/s 07 that i bought and sold was a thing of beauty and artisanal engineering and a standout in my closet. however, like most expensive things that i feel this way about (ccp), i had a hard time wearing it, or incorporating it into other outfits. i also had a hard time literally wearing it, as the stiff fabric never felt right in the arms or just in general movements. the ape arm length and torso problems did get old after the intial trend wore off.
                              my favorite i think is season 3, of course its one i have never owned. the softer fabric (cotton) made everything gel. i really like this past spring too, prob bc i got it on sale and its super comfortable and the hype had finally ended.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

I got this...wrote the manufacturer and heard back.
                                Last edited by beardown; 08-15-2009, 12:13 AM.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎