Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixmaster7_91
    • Oct 2010

Thanks lowrey. It is not ribbed cuff. I actually quite like the stacking of the long arms which is why I would rather find a way to shrink the opening so that it doesn't cover my hands rather than tailor it down, if it is actually possible.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

it should be possible to taper it, and keep the length
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
        quick question --
        got my poell derbies soles redone recently by a cobbler and i think he did a solid job... except that he conditioned the leather and now they're not matte, they're kind of shiny...

how do i undo this? i know wearing them around will dull it, but any other quick fix methods?
        xpost from leather care section

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Kind of a random question... I've noticed ppl on here buy / sell used shoes and whenever I am considering to do so (actually, that is the case at the moment, hence the question) I am wondering on who to proceed with the used goods. Aren't you guys worried that the previous own may have had athlete's foot? Do you desinfect your shoes? Sneakers are usually washable but what to do with leather shoes in order to not damage the leather?
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• TheThief
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
            Kind of a random question... I've noticed ppl on here buy / sell used shoes and whenever I am considering to do so (actually, that is the case at the moment, hence the question) I am wondering on who to proceed with the used goods. Aren't you guys worried that the previous own may have had athlete's foot? Do you desinfect your shoes? Sneakers are usually washable but what to do with leather shoes in order to not damage the leather?
            I find these work well

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

u mad bro?
              socks dont do anything about that.
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• TheThief
                • Mar 2011

u mad bro?
                socks dont do anything about that.
                Damn...that must be why my feet itch so much!!!

On a serious note, I would say using a powder disinfectant inside of leather shoes - I wouldnt risk spraying an $1800 pair of shoes with an alcohol based product.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Damn, I never thought about this

So far I havent had any problems though

would really be misappropriation of priorities to be buying $500+++ shoes/ boots and suffering from Athletes foot that probably cost way less to address.

I wear a low socks with all my shoes/ boots
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                    You can put them in the freezer in a plastic bag for a few days to kill the possible bacteria, bugs and what not. Works for used clothes and shoes.

Comment

• swals001
                      • Nov 2007

Ann Demeulemeester belts from FW 9/10

Not sure if this is the best place for this but I am wondering about these belts I see on
                      YOOX. I just bought one in a size L, which is what I wear in her pants, but this belt is a few sizes larger than that. Does anyone know if these were worn on the runway draped over clothes? It somewhat looks like that from the pics, but it's hard to tell.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                        • Jan 2011

is very long right? cannot look good on someone 5'6...?

Comment

• mingrui
                          • Aug 2011

Questions need help!

I'm about to get my first RO leather jacket but totally at a lose with all the different types of leather

1. For AW which is better(warmth is the foremost attribute i'm looking, but don't nee to be as warm as a down parka)? Oiled Calf or Lamb Leather?

2. If Lamb Leather, which kind?

3. I really like two styles: Intarsia with high neck AW2010 and Mollino SS2010. But for the Mollino SS2010, I'm not sure how thick the leather is. What is the difference between SS and AW leathers in terms of thickness and lining?

I'm a newb... Sry for so many dumb questions but willing to learn
                          Someone help me!
                          Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Nikov
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post

is very long right? cannot look good on someone 5'6...?
                            no, it's not that long. for reference, the sleeve length on that jacket is normal, so the bottom of the jacket should be around your thigh somewhere, but still above the knees.

Comment

• transient
                              • Aug 2011

Hi everyone,

Newb here who's venturing onto this side of style/aesthetic.

I'm looking for a starter pair of slim black or gray pants. I don't really know anything, but I know that it's the RO Aircuts that sparked my imagination. Preferably made out of thicker fabric and having some kind of interesting details (such as zippers, diagonal seams, etc)

Much appreciated.

Comment

• messenoire
                                • Nov 2009

does the Boris Bidjan Saberi TS3-F7 tee stretch out as much as rick tees? i wear a small in most boris and xs or s in rick. also has anyone stocked current season boris yet?

transient;
                                i'd avoid the zippers sans the ma julius "aircut" trousers or rick aircuts. zippers tend to lean towards frivelous design and won't have much longevity as you expand and refine your tastes. it sounds like you'd do well with julius.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎