• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Jin View Post
    www.hostel-moscow.com/

fairly central.
    Too late for them, but thanks! a good adress to keep on hand in any case.

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

where can I buy "retail quality" hangers? Like, the chunky plastic ones they hang leathers and stuff on?
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        where can I buy "retail quality" hangers? Like, the chunky plastic ones they hang leathers and stuff on?
        bed bath and beyond, amazon, etc, although the nice ones are mostly wooden

Comment

• KingJulien
          • Oct 2011

Kind of a basic question, but are the Rick microrib cotton shirts meant to be worn as a base layer? I have a tank which I love and wear all the time, but only ever wear under other shirts. I recently picked up a white L/S shirt in the same fabric for $100, which is skintight. Looks ok but not sure I'd wear it like that on it's own, though it looks great over a tank and under a jacket - is that the intent, or is it meant to be worn under a looser top? Things like that it usually takes me awhile to figure out how to wear, so I'd rather just ask I guess.

Comment

• premierminister
            • Jul 2008

brand new CCP dipped sneakers:

Should I cut the rubber dips a bit or just wear them and walk on the dips (feels quite shaky ;-)

Thanks.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

doesn't really make much of a difference I guess. I had a couple of notably longer drips on mine which I chopped with a knife to make them even, the rest I let wear on their own
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
                Kind of a basic question, but are the Rick microrib cotton shirts meant to be worn as a base layer? I have a tank which I love and wear all the time, but only ever wear under other shirts. I recently picked up a white L/S shirt in the same fabric for $100, which is skintight. Looks ok but not sure I'd wear it like that on it's own, though it looks great over a tank and under a jacket - is that the intent, or is it meant to be worn under a looser top? Things like that it usually takes me awhile to figure out how to wear, so I'd rather just ask I guess.
                I don't think there's any right/wrong way to wear it. It has no specific purpose...just wear when it looks good.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

can we start an archival discussion on season specific fabrics? i know in our niche this is fairly common for a designer to come out with a fabric specifically for a season never to be heard of again. it'd be interested to run through a few designers that have done this and the nuances of each specific fabric.

Comment

• AppendixG
                    • Dec 2012

Thinking of picking up the CCP drip sneakers. Is there any way to protect the soles? Don't necessarily need to preserve the drip effect, or anything like that, but any way to extend the life like you can with leather soles?

I walk really awkwardly and wear down the soles of my shoes really fast if I don't have taps/vibram soles on them and can't justify spending that much on shoes that'll be wrecked in 4-6 months, unless I can preserve them to some degree.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

some have added taps, personally I dislike them, so I will probably vibram them once they've worn enough. should just require grinding the original sole flat and adding rubber to the whole sole, it could also be done in two parts so that you can just replace the heel part when needed.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• blackfedora
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by AppendixG View Post
                        Thinking of picking up the CCP drip sneakers. Is there any way to protect the soles? Don't necessarily need to preserve the drip effect, or anything like that, but any way to extend the life like you can with leather soles?

I walk really awkwardly and wear down the soles of my shoes really fast if I don't have taps/vibram soles on them and can't justify spending that much on shoes that'll be wrecked in 4-6 months, unless I can preserve them to some degree.
                        I've had my cobbler grind the bottom of a pair of drips down flat and put a fairly thick vibram bottom on it. It required a little bit of work on his part to hand cut the vibram at an angle to match the curvature of the sole, but I think it worked out. As you might be able to see, I have a fairly strong overpronation and wear the the outer heel portion of the vibram quicker than the rest. Although I haven't changed only the heel portion yet (as lowrey suggested), I have done so on a pair of Augusta sneakers shown here.

Comment

• drizzly
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2012

dont the usoles break often? have you had that happen?

Comment

• blackfedora
                            • Jan 2012

It hasn't happened to me yet and there are no visible sign of stress, but I have not asked anyone either. The inner U-sole core is constructed of both a dense foam and leather, at least from what I could tell after breaking through the rubber/polyurethane outer shell. That sort of construction lends itself to break resistance to repeated tension. Also the U-sole "bottoms out" in the fore section while walking putting less stress on the rear "U" and the gait altering effect of the shoe compels me to walk with more weight shifted towards to front of the shoe than normal . Maybe someone else has a U-sole breakage story though...

Comment

• kuriz
                              • Nov 2010

After reading some of the latest interesting posts in the "Less Clothes, Better Wardrobe?" thread, it inspired me to visit a thrift shop for the first time in my life. What struck me while going through the endless row of clothes in all different colors and textures was the feeling that: there's simply too many different styles, colors, textures and odd things for me to decide what even remotely seems nice and what doesn't, and I ended up dropping out of the store without any inspiration what so ever.

It seems that some people have success with mixing SZ brands with something 'unique' found in a thrift shop. So does any of you that are really good at finding special things have any tricks on how to approach thrifting and buying already used clothing? I really envy people that can do it but I find it so incredibly hard!

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
                                So does any of you that are really good at finding special things have any tricks on how to approach thrifting and buying already used clothing? I really envy people that can do it but I find it so incredibly hard!
                                Absolutely! Just to point out too that there are vintage stores -more specialty- and thrift stores, everything under the sun. I learned how to thrift from a hip japanese couple who would take me out with them back when I was a teenager. For me I always recommend "combing" , and to achieve this I highly recommend bringing headphones and just zoning out. When I go to thrift stores I don't just shop for clothes, I look at records, books, home furnishings, etc. etc. I've learned that if you go specifically to find the "one thing" you probably won't find it. I'm also more interested in looking for textiles, patterns and fabrics at the thrift stores than I am for looking at all the labels to see what is what.

This can seem pretty daunting if you just want to pop in and peek around. If that's your case I'd recommend visiting vintage stores. There you can achieve looks that you might see in a collection. For example you might see some really great Yamamoto pants that are wide legged with suspenders, you go to the vintage store and find a 40s suit and the trousers have a similar cut and you can start to build a wardrobe off of them. Hope this makes sense
                                Originally posted by Shucks
                                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎