Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

Anybody have experience with Rick Owens "NASKA" blistered leather in general?

I'm looking at getting a blistered leather stooges from "NASKA." Any suggestions as to fit? I generally prefer 50 or 52 but was planning to possibly purchase this size 54....

General worries complaints about blistered leather???

Comment

• Castor
      • Nov 2009

I love my blistered Intarsias from Naska. Very matte. Thin and lightweight almost more like a fabric than a leather with a beautiful drape. I found the Intarsia fit looser this season, but I did not try a Stooges to compare.

Originally posted by gavagai View Post

I'm looking at getting a blistered leather stooges from "NASKA." Any suggestions as to fit? I generally prefer 50 or 52 but was planning to possibly purchase this size 54....

Originally posted by DRRRK
      The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• other_animals
        • Mar 2012

i have the blistered leather stooges from naska, beautiful soft leather, the fit is larger than normal though.

Originally posted by gavagai View Post

Comment

• kuriz
          • Nov 2010

fncyths: that is great advice, thank you. I have made a list of thrift/vintage shops available and interesting here and will use you as an example and just 'zone out' and stay open minded - the opposite of what I did the last time.

Comment

• phiman
            • Dec 2011

Quick question concerning Rick Leather code: what does LT stand for?

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by phiman View Post
              Quick question concerning Rick Leather code: what does LT stand for?
              I believe it's washed calf.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• phiman
                • Dec 2011

thanks Dane!

Comment

• ImaPro
                  • Oct 2010

does anyone have fit pics of the ann d low sneakers? any color?
                  Originally posted by merz
                  ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• daniloseo
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ImaPro View Post
                    does anyone have fit pics of the ann d low sneakers? any color?
                    Need them too!
                    Danilo Petrozzi è un consulente di webmarketing: specializzato nel posizionamento seo

Comment

• drizzly
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2012

can anyone recommend designers that make decent/nice long sleeve tops in the sub 100/200 category? similar to Zam (have one coming from zam), Luc, ma+, etc

Comment

• mattizzle
                        • Oct 2011

Thinking of dyeing one of my PH blazer to black.
                        Here is a close up pic of the fabric

Its 100% wool outside and 100% cotton inside.

Any recommendations on what product I should use?
                        Should I get it professionally dyed or DIY would be easy?
                        Have never done this before so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• phiman
                          • Dec 2011

why on earth would you want to ruin the beautiful harnden fabric by dyeing it generic black.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                            Thinking of dyeing one of my PH blazer to black.

Any recommendations on what product I should use?
                            Should I get it professionally dyed or DIY would be easy?
                            Have never done this before so any tips would be greatly appreciated!
                            i have thought of doing the exact same thing. this is what i've come up with so far.

*use colibri in nyc
                            *remove all the buttons/leather backings (and tags too if u want) before sending it to them
                            *after dyeing, reattach original tags and new buttons in the right color with the right thread and the original leather backings. obviously the white ph lining will be black now

my biggest concern is that the fabric of the jacket is natural but the stitching of the jacket is synthetic, so may not absorb the dye. you could end up with contrast stitching. this is the main reason i never did it. don't want a black jacket with beige or brown stitching. attaching new buttons with a new matching thread will help, but there will still be contrast stitching along all the seams and buttonholes. so maybe u can't go all the way black. need a new color that u like but that also matches the original stitching? i need help figuring this part out please...?!?!?

also, the dye process may shrink the jacket. i know they are already machine washed and pre-shrunk. but the dyeing is done in pretty hot water.

so...i too am looking for expert advice here. help!
                            Last edited by cjbreed; 03-29-2013, 01:28 PM.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

cotton and wool should be dyable in 40C, which shouldn't cause major shrinkage if the materials are pre-washed, which I think they are. This is just a hunch though.

the stitching I'm not sure about, but there is a good chance its synthetic in which case it won't absorb color. in matizzle's photo the button hole at least seems to be done in a very dark thread, so it might not be a problem?
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

i pulled a bit of the stitching off and burned it and it curled up into a ball so i think it is synthetic (polyester -> plastic). mattizzle's stitching is pretty dark, so not really a problem for him.

mine is very light. so, the only thing i can think to do is re-sew or sew over all the buttonholes. then the only contrast stitching left will be the topstitch. the seams. those are not as bold as the buttonholes, but still visible. so my thinking is that the only solution is to dye to a color that will not contrast with it. so maybe a brown or earthy color. coal. grey. carbon. something like that.

the one i want to dye is linen. i worry it will shrink a lot. but will it? it has already been washed once, right?
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎