Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaythejet
    • May 2011

That makes complete sense. Thanks. I really liked the leather and construction on the FW06 overlock but I guess the long search begins now.

Comment

• voice_on_tape
      • Jun 2011

I purchased these shoes recently for a pretty great price.

However the color, though it is super unique (greenish grey) has been a problem for me to wear with much of anything. I've been wanting these in red for a long time, so I am considering dying them red and would want to get them bright red. Considering CCP object dyes the red ones anyhow, do you think it'd be possible to get these close to their red counterparts? If so can anyone recommend a place in chicago that could do that? I'm open to sending them to someplace in NYC if they can really get the job done. Thoughts?
      -v_o_t
      sale items

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

The name of the place escapes me but its in the garment district and I thought near Mood... but a number of people on here (Faust included I believe) that have had their leather jackets dyed there with good results. I think the Firm also dyes footwear but I haven't seen red done yet, just black for the most part. It will probably have to be a dark/dirty red because the base color of your leather is a gray/green and the stitching will remain white since it's polyester.

Could be a fun project!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• k3mist
          • Apr 2013

well when i lived in NYC, i always sent my stuff to Angelos at 53rd st, 5th ave. nice guys. This was 3 years ago though, not sure if its still there.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

From what I've gathered, Firm is probably the best place to do this. But given the base colour, I think it would end up a darker shade of red or maroon instead of bright red, unless its somehow possible to strip the original color (not sure if possible with leather?)
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Graygoose
              • Jul 2013

Like stated above due to the current color of the shoe dying them red will turn them to a more maroon / purple color. If you want them to become a bright red you should take rubbing alcohol or acetone, put it on some cotton swabs or gauze, etc. and then rub the paint off the leather so that they can be dyed properly to become the bright red you want. I would have this all done professionally though.
              August Pope

Instagram: august_pope

There is beauty in decay.

Comment

• blackfedora
                • Jan 2012

Rubbing alcohol won't dissolve much and acetone might very well dissolve any glue that is used in the construction of the shoe. The only thing I have used with any success, albeit limited, is chloroform (cobbler recommended). However the dyes that Carol uses give pretty strong colours that are disinclined to fade from my experience. This indicates that the dyes are probably covalently bound to moieties of the protein structure of the leather. Breaking those types of bonds typically require boiling acid solutions...and that's not an option. If one could figure out a mild bleaching agent (not hypochlorites or javex) to affect the dye and not the leather, there might be a possibility of obtaining a lighter coloured shoe as a suitable starting point for dyeing it a new colour. If you're not too attached to the object dyed insoles, they could act as guinea pigs for the bleaching and re-dyeing process. Just my two cents though.

Comment

• diorowen
                  • Aug 2010

I'd say Carol's object dye wont likely dissolve by rubbing alcohol as blackfedora said.
                  My opinion will be, just wait for the derbies to get sold, and buy the red one. There is a high possibility of ruining the color as dye turns out quite differently depends on many factor. The red might just looks wrong.
                  still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• whtnnk986
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by alex.a
                    Very likely!

Comment

• Ochre
                      • Sep 2009

One of my CCP boots' leather upper seems to have stretched or is over-extended over the heel and it looks a bit strange, particularly when the other boot's leather is still straight and aligns with the heel.

I took them to Firm and their solution was to completely remove the sole, attach a kind of back heel insert to give the leather more structure and put an entirely new sole on? (Which he quoted me at roughly $150 or something).

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about shoe construction but wouldn't it be possible to just remove the sole and trim the leather that seems to have stretched over the heel then simply reattach the same sole? Has anyone else encountered this problem before and how did you solve it?

Comment

• whtnnk986
                        • Feb 2012

Regarding RO/DRKSHDW dunks, do they all have the new durable material for the sole from Island onwards?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Does anyone know if MA+ and/or LUC actually use interface on their jackets/blazers or do they rely completely on the fabric itself for structure and stiffness?
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Ochre View Post
                            One of my CCP boots' leather upper seems to have stretched or is over-extended over the heel and it looks a bit strange, particularly when the other boot's leather is still straight and aligns with the heel.

I took them to Firm and their solution was to completely remove the sole, attach a kind of back heel insert to give the leather more structure and put an entirely new sole on? (Which he quoted me at roughly $150 or something).

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about shoe construction but wouldn't it be possible to just remove the sole and trim the leather that seems to have stretched over the heel then simply reattach the same sole? Has anyone else encountered this problem before and how did you solve it?
                            can you post pics of what your boot looks like. i am not sure what you mean. Additionally, I think i may have read somewhere that you can reach out to CCP atelier via a CCP dealer for a fix. Can you contact the place where you bought the boots and see what they can recommend.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                              • Dec 2012

RO leathers pricing

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but could someone explain me if there is any particular reason for the current season's pricing on some RO leathers?

THIS is 2780 euros : http://www.thecorner.com/fr/homme/ma...9137621lt.html

it's a bauhaus in lamb leather. My bauhaus leather jacket, also in lamb from FW12 was retailed 1000 euros less, around 1700...

THIS is 2640 euros: http://www.thecorner.com/fr/homme/ma...9137002gl.html

it is a shearling bauhaus, 100 euros cheaper than the previous one.

Am I missing something?

Comment

• josecc
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post

THIS is 2780 euros : http://www.thecorner.com/fr/homme/ma...9137621lt.html

it's a bauhaus in lamb leather. My bauhaus leather jacket, also in lamb from FW12 was retailed 1000 euros less, around 1700...
                                I think they made a mistake, compare with this

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎