X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huxley
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
    I do that (well, I have it done ) on all my drkshdw jeans. I hate the raw hem on those things.
    I love the raw hem on them, especially when it gets even more fucked up.

Comment

• Bring The Noise
      • Feb 2008

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

was this jas m.b. bag discontinued? can't find it on the site

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        never been a fan of the bootcut, so I tapered the leg opening on a pair of trousers. worked fine, they twisted the same way but didn't flair out.
        my lesson in embracing the bootcut with these pants was my favorite moment of 2008...
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Avyer
          • Dec 2007

Does anyone have a picture of this being worn? or the simular neck line? I know there was a picture of xadam wearing it, but I can't find it. Or can anyone that's tried it on comment on how far the neck actually goes over?

Thanks
          Remember, be here now.

Comment

• drexl
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Avyer View Post

Does anyone have a picture of this being worn? or the simular neck line? I know there was a picture of xadam wearing it, but I can't find it. Or can anyone that's tried it on comment on how far the neck actually goes over?

Thanks
            Here's the pic from A

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Guys, i was recently looking at my Rick tank tops and (i am sure i am NOT the first one) i asked myself why they cost like 150Euros for such a piece of fabric...well yeah, i am/was willing to pay that price...BUT,

i thought of getting some custom tailored tanksmade of cashmere or silk. A friend of mine, who is Pakistani and who is in Pakistan right now (his family is in the textile business) told me that it would be no problem to tailor anything and that one could get the best cashmere/silk over there.

I am just quite unsure if it is so easy to produce the same cut like a Rick tank without a pattern.
              And for the material i am not sure how pure cashmere or silk is usable for such a purpose if one wants to achieve the exact same look like the Rick tanks. The viscose part in the tanks makes it a bit stretchy and tight. I have a pure cotton one which is tight too but not very stretchy. How does cashmere or silk work? Is it recommendable ot is there anything speaking against the use of 100% of these materials?
              The NN and Julius tanks are a mixture of cotton and cashmere, did they mix it out of cost reasons or because they experimented with the material and felt that pure cashmere wouldnt work so well? If i remember right i saw a NN pure cashmere tank once and it was nice, but it was quite thick.

Any input would be appreciated, paging all the people who have experience in tailoring/materials..?
              Last edited by theaddict; 12-17-2008, 10:15 PM.
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Well you could do a few things; Send a tank top to your friend and have them copy the pattern for that size (or get all sizes for that matter, albeit expensive), or dissect your tank top, make your own patterns and send those (it isn't as hard as you might think). Also, a lot of factories (I don't know about the one in question) work with illustrator files, so you may not even need to create the pattern, just make the measurements and call outs.

I'm assuming NN used a blend for both cost and feel as 100% cashmere on a tank top is a bit much. I can't remember, but I think the silk rick tanks are a blend of silk and cotton, not 100%. I think that is a good mix. But to be honest, I think the 100% cotton tanks are great too.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

hmmm, yeah sending would be the best, but if there is a easier option that would be better. so i should do some rough measurements? and what are call outs exactly?
                  As i mentioned, we had a pure cashmere NN tank at KH which was supernice, the only ting is that it was quite thick unlike the cotton/cashmere ones or the ones from Rick...did cost 300Euro or so though....

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, the NN tanks are expensive.

Well, if you decide on an illustrator file, call outs would be the measurements of everything (length, width, etc. etc.), the material being used, color, and just all the basic information the factory would need.
                    I would say sending the tank, or a swatch would be your best bet, so they can try and match the quality of the cotton or blend that is used. I'm sure Rick has developed his own cotton or blend for his tees and tanks but there's no doubt you could find something on the market that is close.
                    One thing to remember is that most factories and fabric mills have minimums on production. I don't know really anything about the factory in question but dealing with factories every day, this is definitely something to keep in mind. So your best bet would be to choose a stock fabric in stock colors which will be easy to buy and most likely, easier to get smaller quantities of and go from there.
                    If you need a file for the tank measurements, etc, I can whip one up for you in illustrator. I have a few tanks I can take some measurements on.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

Pmed Cas, thanks btw

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Avyer View Post

Thanks
                        here is a pic of mine. its a really cool cut.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Originally posted by Avyer View Post

Thanks

it shifts and twists as you move, initially it was strange to have so much collar-bone exposed and i tried to fight it, i was constantly tugging at it to straighten it out, but once i gave in and let it hang how it wanted it became my favorite shirt of the summer.

props again to niddy for enabling me.

edit: fitting, i suppose, that post 1000 is ccp worship.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I noticed that if you wear it with a tee, it wont necessarily drape as much around the collar. but you can still twist it around, feels pretty cool.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mattjames
                              • Mar 2007

Quick question: does anyone know about fabric which contains a percentage of paper? (specifically Jil Sander) Is it as weak, as prone to soiling and as impossible to clean as it sounds?

Comment

• Huxley
                                • Dec 2007

Women's Drkshdw

Are women's drkshdw jeans cut any different than men's? I know there's the twisty seam ones that wraps around the leg bootcut ones, but I'm referring to the ones which look like berlins/detroits.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎