Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

I hasn't have problem at all with layer0. I am not sure about a1923.
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• zen dog
      • Jan 2014

Your explanation makes sense, Lohikaarme. There is going to be greater strength in braided "thread" laces over leather. I have a pair of Guidis that include an extra pair of thin (flat) laces with the expectation of breakage and I've already broken a lace of my Devoas after 3 wearings. I'm guessing there is a limit to the strength of thin leather and no way to get around it. A roll of backup keeps me semi- pure and having one less thing to think about.

Comment

• redbible
        • Mar 2015

Anyone have experience with the brand "Chapter"? There were a couple pieces I wanted to grab, the price point is very low too which is nice.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by redbible View Post
          Anyone have experience with the brand "Chapter"? There were a couple pieces I wanted to grab, the price point is very low too which is nice.
          I had a pair of Rautha pants from FW13 I think it was. Quality was okay but the fit was sloppy. Labeled 28 but the waist was a good 16" and it was their smallest size. The material felt alright but it was not a very dark black which was also disappointing. Never had any problems with the actual construction.

If you can't see it in person, I don't think it would be worth risking a buy just because the price is attractive.
          I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• redbible
            • Mar 2015

Gotcha, might pick up a loose shirt only then, even if the size is off the style will compensate. Thank you though.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
              • Sep 2013

I recently snapped a lace on my Guidi 995 and I'm looking for replacements. I've done a search here and couldn't find a source for them. I didn't receive a second set when I purchased and that retailer is now gone, so I tried contacting Guidi at their customer service email to purchase replacement but haven't heard back.

Recent posts on SZ were about non-original replacements that looked pretty bad. Does anyone know a Guidi stockist that might be able to help out with selling me a new set?
              I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• braver
                • Sep 2013

^^
                Thank you so much for help! Found the replacement laces for my Layer-0 boots.

But what about those cloth laces? For A1923 for example.

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

Where is the best place to shop some Dries for woman? Thanks!
                  Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

^ what country?
                    paris boutique or belgium would be ideal.
                    i was shocked by the size of the bergdorf boutique in nyc, and IF is small but well curated.
                    blake in chicago has massive selection.
                    barneys gets some unique pieces but they go early. ;-)
                    the real real has a lot of older work and great finds.
                    Last edited by rider; 04-29-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                      • Jan 2013

This is a pedantic question, but what fabric leads to the nicest drape for RO drawstring trousers? There's nylon, cotton jersey, thick murray cotton, cotton/poly blend. Or should I wait till f/w for some wool blend ones?

I want to avoid this thing where the fabric curves with the knee and creates an indentation, vs going straight down.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

do you mean that the knees stretch out? or what?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                          • Jan 2013

It probably has to do with taper and fullness of pants but my knee is slimmer than thigh and part of calf, so with most pants I find the fabric follows the natural contour of the leg, which leaves a bit of hourglass-ing at the knee and awkward looking drape. Hidden by bunching at knee on jeans but I notice it with tapered sweatpants as well.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                            • Aug 2014

black dye recommendations beyond procion mx dye? it's good for some things but lately i've had subpar results with it. any other competitors out there?

Comment

• Indes
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                              This is a pedantic question, but what fabric leads to the nicest drape for RO drawstring trousers? There's nylon, cotton jersey, thick murray cotton, cotton/poly blend. Or should I wait till f/w for some wool blend ones?

I want to avoid this thing where the fabric curves with the knee and creates an indentation, vs going straight down.
                              I have a pair of Drkshdw Prisoner pants that are 100% cotton and look amazing. Not sure if that is what you are interested in though, because of the gathered hem. If its something more formal you are going for I have always liked the appearance of the Astaires rick does but cannot speak from experience (they are also lacking the drawsting). Hope that helped?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Is there a difference between the prisoner pant from the summer seasons and the ones from the winter seasons? Is it a different weight?
                                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎