Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Just want to add to the C issue. Ordered an item from L&F in material ABC, received the ROOMS version in material DEF. Took me a while to take the item out of the bag so never got around to have this addressed, can't comment on the receptiveness of the C personnel.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by En. View Post
      Items too pricey are probably marked up considerably anyway.

What kind of spamming did they do?
      Supposedly got banned off SuFu and here for trying to poach sellers, like The Office, I think.

Originally posted by HugAndWug View Post
      I think they're one of the people who put stuff on "sale" but they mark it up before they put it on sale as some pieces get absurd list prices after time.
      Might've stopped doing it?

I also thought those guys/he was sort of banned from discussion, or did that change now that he has a storefront? It's too bad, he has lots of really cool stuff.

Luckily you pay through PayPal so while possibly annoying, I wouldn't say he's outright malicious (maybe dumb or careless?), like someone who sells fakes.

Comment

• tonecrush
        • Jul 2013

Dispute opened, I'll admit partial fault for thinking I could buy 2 things but they can't keep my money if I take something off my order because they listed the size wrong.

Update:
        was resolved fairly quickly, got the money back and my shorts (hopefully the order's correct) are in the mail.
        Last edited by tonecrush; 08-26-2015, 01:22 AM.
        "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• Recht
          • Aug 2015

Hey guys, I don't know if I'm in the right place but I got a question about suiting.

I'll be the best man at my uncle's wedding so I want to be good looking, I think it's understandable. I already own a suit, rather slim, very dark navy, aswell as the classical white dress shirt. But I have a few questions.

- I own black belt and dress shoes but I know brown is better so do you guys know a place where I could get these 2 items for cheap ? I'm probably going to wear em once in a year so I don't really care about quality.

- Which Tie/Pocket Square combo would look good ? I tought about a white square with a burgundy tie ( and some dark brown shoes and belt ) but If you guys have ideas that could suit my dark navy suit and pasty skin better, I'm open.

- Finally I'll have a lunch the next day so I'll have to get rid of my first dress shirt because of sweating. Gonna be hot. And no blazer while eating. So what kind of shirt would go well with just the dark navy pants and ofc the shoes/belt ? I tought about a non-plain shirt but which pattern... I'm really lost.

As suits isn't my usual uniform, I hope you guys will be able to help :)

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Brown is not better, navy suit and black shoes/belt is perfect. White square and burgundy tie will be fine, too. Day after shirt, I'd be too hung over to care, probably show up in previous night's undershirt.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Law
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Recht View Post
              Hey guys, I don't know if I'm in the right place but I got a question about suiting.

I'll be the best man at my uncle's wedding so I want to be good looking, I think it's understandable. I already own a suit, rather slim, very dark navy, aswell as the classical white dress shirt. But I have a few questions.

- I own black belt and dress shoes but I know brown is better so do you guys know a place where I could get these 2 items for cheap ? I'm probably going to wear em once in a year so I don't really care about quality.

- Which Tie/Pocket Square combo would look good ? I tought about a white square with a burgundy tie ( and some dark brown shoes and belt ) but If you guys have ideas that could suit my dark navy suit and pasty skin better, I'm open.

- Finally I'll have a lunch the next day so I'll have to get rid of my first dress shirt because of sweating. Gonna be hot. And no blazer while eating. So what kind of shirt would go well with just the dark navy pants and ofc the shoes/belt ? I tought about a non-plain shirt but which pattern... I'm really lost.

As suits isn't my usual uniform, I hope you guys will be able to help :)
              -Either Black or Dark Brown shoes with a Navy suit, there is no "better" or right or wrong, it's simply a matter of personal preference. It's hard to say without seeing the suit, but it if it's "very dark" as you put it, then I would lean more towards black. Just make sure they're very well polished and shined and they match your belt.

-As far as the tie and pocket square combo, whatever you do, don't match them identically (i.e. do not have a red polka dot tie, with a matching red polka dot pocket square).

Navy is fairly neutral and works well with most colors, so again it's just a matter of personal preference. Are there going to be other grooms men? What is the groom wearing? Generally (although not always) you may or may not match your tie/pocket square to the groom or other grooms men. If this is not the case, a white pocket square is fine. Just make sure it's good quality with rolled edges and there's plenty of videos on Youtube which explain how to fold it properly. Generally I prefer ones which are 100% silk, Ebay is a good bet for a good deal.

If it's a fairly formal wedding, then a darker color tie such as burgundy is fine if that's what you like. If it's leaning towards informal, then dark orange or plum always looks good with Navy.

-As far as the shirt, personally I would stick to plain white and avoid contrasting pinstripes and colors as such. It doesn't need to be plain poplin, a pattern/texture which has been woven into the fabric is a nice touch, as long as the shirt is all white. If you have a vest to go over the shirt, even better.

Good luck!

Comment

• Comotomo
                • Nov 2014

Not male but I would go with one of those 'classic' Comme des Garcons shirts with asymmetrical buttons or with crinkled textured fabric.. It looks subtle but is not as boring. You can also wear it forever.

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Can anyone tell me where the Arcteryx "outlet" in Vancouver is located? Apparently they have Veilance as well?
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Recht
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    Can anyone tell me where the Arcteryx "outlet" in Vancouver is located? Apparently they have Veilance as well?
                    I found this

Find a shop with Arc'teryx products in stock in North Vancouver.

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

Heh, I guess that was too obvious...

Thanks.
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• forget it
                        • Dec 2013

Where's the best place to get one's hair cut in New York?

Comment

• okayvin
                          • Sep 2013

If I had a Yoox shipment to a USA address, can I use the prepaid return label at a Canadian UPS store?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Good low-top, black, laced sneaker that doesn't try to look like Converse (esp with the toe cap)? Looking for something easy to wear around town during a lazy day or even to the gym (not running, though).

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by okayvin View Post
                              If I had a Yoox shipment to a USA address, can I use the prepaid return label at a Canadian UPS store?
                              I highly doubt it, but email them and ask just in case.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Does anyone have experience with Nihomano footwear? Is the construction as excellent as it appears? Durability above all else for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎