X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lohikaarme
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by mainstayer0 View Post
    How do you all store your leathers? I had my two lamb leather jackets on hangers but realized that they were stretching at the shoulders, so for the past few days I've kept them folded on a flat surface. Is there a better way to take care of them?
    Leather jacket hanger. Big, thick, plastic.

Comment

• mainstayer0
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
      Leather jacket hanger. Big, thick, plastic.
      Yes, that's what I've been using. Still experiencing some stretching, maybe because I wear XL.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Use a thick hanger that has an anti-slip surface. For example some Rick Owens hangers have this velvety surface and I've gotten a bunch with suits, I'm sure you can buy similar ones somewhere.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Gatsu
          • Jul 2015

Anybody with the obscur steel mold coat that can send me a picture of it? I really want to see it on someone when it has been worn for a while.

Comment

• Blacknight
            • May 2013

Can anyone recommend a good, thick black turtle-neck sweater? Trying to find something to wear under a coat, also trying not to look like Steve Jobs.

Comment

• Gauche
              • Nov 2010

Like this one?

Searching for Virginia Creepers wool top? We’ve got Raf Simons Men's Tops starting at $300 and plenty of other Men's Tops. Shop our selection of Raf Simons today!

Comment

• Blacknight
                • May 2013

Originally posted by Gauche View Post
                Looks great, but should mention that I'm a usual XS. I guess it can be a little bigger as it's a sweater, but M may be too big. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

• vtlynch
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by mainstayer0 View Post
                  Yes, that's what I've been using. Still experiencing some stretching, maybe because I wear XL.
                  Have you checked out Hanger Project? The prices are kinda crazy, but they sell the thickest hangars I have seen and offer multiple widths to fit the size of your garment.

I use them for all my coveted items and have not noticed any stretching. I also wear an XS so I expect my items are notably lighter than most peoples.

Help preserve your clothing with our Men's Luxury Wooden Jacket Hanger. It helps extend the life of your suits by providing essential support.

(I usually prefer the "Alfred Finish" because its actually a different shape at the neck, which I find is more supportive for certain types of collars - like bombers)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Speaking of hangers, IKEA started making black ones. Motherfuckers. I will not be replacing mine in the name of sustainability, but I will if I say that I wasn't tempted.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

I use these hangers for coats/jackets, similar dimension to the Rick ones. I could use Rick, Julius, et al. ones but I like having matching hangers.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                        • Feb 2015

Can anyone shed more light on why some Geobaskets from 2013/2014 have pink soles? I believe it is because dye from the leather leaked into the soles. Is the problem preventable / considered a defect?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by vtlynch View Post
                          Have you checked out Hanger Project? The prices are kinda crazy, but they sell the thickest hangars I have seen and offer multiple widths to fit the size of your garment.

I use them for all my coveted items and have not noticed any stretching. I also wear an XS so I expect my items are notably lighter than most peoples.

Help preserve your clothing with our Men's Luxury Wooden Jacket Hanger. It helps extend the life of your suits by providing essential support.

(I usually prefer the "Alfred Finish" because its actually a different shape at the neck, which I find is more supportive for certain types of collars - like bombers)
                          thats not going to help if you have a heavy (and wide shouldered) leather jacket on it, it will still slowly slip and eventually stretch if the leather is prone to it. The only way to prevent it is having a hanger that doesn't slip.

example, first one I found on google: http://www.hangers-shop.com/velvet-s...es-p-1055.html

also came across this. a budget version would be adding a strip of some sort of tape that has a coarse or rubbery surface. first thing that comes to mind is the tape used for hockey sticks
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Not a fan of norm core hangers. Personally I use these:

Comment

• timm3h
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
                              Can anyone shed more light on why some Geobaskets from 2013/2014 have pink soles? I believe it is because dye from the leather leaked into the soles. Is the problem preventable / considered a defect?
                              From what I've heard from a buyer, the pink is due to production switching to a different type of black dye they were unused to, and stores were basically told to run with it when they received their stock. So the people at Rick apparently didn't consider it a defect when providing the stock to stores, but it wasn't intentional. As far as I know it's not preventable without severely sanding the soles down or, I don't know, painting them or something.
                              Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• mainstayer0
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by vtlynch View Post

This is the first I'm hearing about them. They definitely aren't cheap, but 30$ to preserve a 2g jacket is not a bad investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎