X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussy
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by nonomomo View Post
    Thank you for your inputs. I will probably wear them for awhile more before taking them to the cobbler to grind it down. Doubt I can evenly wear the sole down.

Cheers
    Late response, but FWIW I've never had an issue with heel taps on rubber soles. They're significantly cheaper than vibrams/topy etc and which means I don't hesitate to have them replaced as soon as they wear thin. They're about as thick as the protector I'd otherwise install, since I wouldn't want to add height. Keep in mind, I have a wicked over pronation in my step, so the majority of my wear is focused in the one area that the heel tap covers.

If you're like me I'd at least recommend adding heel taps while you wait for the right amount of wear to vibram OR just have your cobbler sand out an even surface and vibram right off the bat. As you said, the primary concern if wearing down the sole evenly and ideally preserving as much of the original sole as possible.

Originally posted by naoko View Post
    thanx for ur reply but I mean in terms of street goth style like Rick Owens does :)

probably I will create my own vegan street goth brand cs really I haven't find any designer :D
    Or you could just buy his pieces that aren't made of animal products? Are you specifically after vegan geobaskets or something?

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by jpong View Post
      thanks
      so any suggestion/reference for comfortable and breathable insoles to fit a pair of CCP derbies?
      Superfeet if you want arch support and extra comfort.

A lot of people like this for a thin leather insole:

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

If support isn't an issue, I have these in my BBS boots and they're great: http://www.amazon.com/Shoeslulu-Abso...ywords=leather insole&qid=1462571917&ref_=sr_1_6&sr=8-6

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Is there any way of finding the season of a Rick leather jacket using the tag? It seems to only include stuff like Ru 5764 /LPF so I guess Rick mainline/model 5764/fabric=lamb something PF. Is there anything else I can look at?
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            Is there any way of finding the season of a Rick leather jacket using the tag? It seems to only include stuff like Ru 5764 /LPF so I guess Rick mainline/model 5764/fabric=lamb something PF. Is there anything else I can look at?
            they started including season in the codes sometime in the past few years, but before that, i'm not entirely certain that it's possible.

edit: i should add, that in some pieces [leathers, outerwear, & basics] the season will be either printed, or embroidered inside the garment somewhere - but in a completely inconsistent & unpredictable fashion.
            —
            -

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

For sale is an extremely rare BNWT Black Rick Owens Stooges in hammered lamb in a size medium. The leather code on this one is RU 5764/LPF. LP represents hammered lamb (a grail leather), while the F denotes a detachable ultra luxurious 100% fox fur collar (please see picture). I believe this...

Maybe that can help. I think in general, LP is 08/09 era, with white "Rick Owens" stitching indicating 08 and black for 09. Not certain that LP is strictly 08/09, but that's all I ever see it for.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                http://www.styleforum.net/t/404770/b...et-size-medium

Maybe that can help. I think in general, LP is 08/09 era, with white "Rick Owens" stitching indicating 08 and black for 09. Not certain that LP is strictly 08/09, but that's all I ever see it for.
                I think I got the other jacket around that time, yeah.

Thanks guys btw.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

Anybody know when Vogue, NYT and WWD started to do individual reviews of fashion shows, e.g., doing a couple of paragraphs on the Rick or Dior show for a specific season on a specific year? I'm looking at the archives of Vogue and I only find general coverage of shows, rather than specifics on designers.

Long shot I know but I know you are very knowledgeable individuals ;)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Probably at the dawn of Internet fashion publishing (2003/4). Before that they bundled several reviews into one article trying to thread them together, as they still do.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Probably at the dawn of Internet fashion publishing (2003/4). Before that they bundled several reviews into one article trying to thread them together, as they still do.
                      Thanks Faust, that matches what I have found so far... Follow-up question, I am looking at Vogue, WWD and NY Times. Is there any other publication you'd consider central? Thanks again.

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

it's not in the same league in terms of popularity, but quality wise bof is easily up there with those names to me.

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                          it's not in the same league in terms of popularity, but quality wise bof is easily up there with those names to me.
                          Yes! Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                            Thanks Faust, that matches what I have found so far... Follow-up question, I am looking at Vogue, WWD and NY Times. Is there any other publication you'd consider central? Thanks again.
                            Yes, BoF, selectively. Angelo Flaccavento is one of the few writers worth reading today. Also, Alexander Fury of the Independent does great write-ups. I don't always agree (see: Vetements/Gucci kool-aid), but in general he is an incisive critic. Also, New York magazine, now that Cathy Horyn has migrated there.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Yes, BoF, selectively. Angelo Flaccavento is one of the few writers worth reading today. Also, Alexander Fury of the Independent does great write-ups. I don't always agree (see: Vetements/Gucci kool-aid), but in general he is an incisive critic. Also, New York magazine, now that Cathy Horyn has migrated there.
                              Very exited about this collaboration. Vestoj is the only publication that I found worth reading today.

Comment

• stagename
                                • Oct 2011

Thanks again, Faust!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎