Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOVE
    • Dec 2007

Just wanted to put in a quick plug for "city boxers" (www.cityboxers.com). A little while ago I asked if anyone has recommendations for a good source for boxer shorts and underwear. I found City Boxers on my own, and though their logo and website design are throwbacks to the 90s-era sitcom aesthetic, they offer a range of fully customizable boxer short options, made in Bangor, Maine from domestic fabrics, pretty much capping at $30 a pair. Its probably three to four times what I'm used to paying for boxer shorts but I just got my first pair in black satin and I want to burn every pair of the uniqlo shorts I currently wear, they feel like garbage now that I've seen the light. If you have the same trouble I do finding a nice pair in simple neutral colors, try these guys, since I'd like them to remain in business for the next time I order.

Comment

• tonecrush
      • Jul 2013

Does anyone have a contact for Guyi Consignment?
      "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• neostrifeX
        • Jun 2013

Anyone know the best way to purchase Deepti short of traveling to the actual physical store location that sells the brand? I've heard it's in store only so chances are I'm probably out of luck, but no harm asking I suppose.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by neostrifeX View Post
          Anyone know the best way to purchase Deepti short of traveling to the actual physical store location that sells the brand? I've heard it's in store only so chances are I'm probably out of luck, but no harm asking I suppose.
          Find a stockist and call them to order since that's "offline;" pretty sure someone said they did before.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by LOVE View Post
            Just wanted to put in a quick plug for "city boxers" (www.cityboxers.com). A little while ago I asked if anyone has recommendations for a good source for boxer shorts and underwear. I found City Boxers on my own, and though their logo and website design are throwbacks to the 90s-era sitcom aesthetic, they offer a range of fully customizable boxer short options, made in Bangor, Maine from domestic fabrics, pretty much capping at $30 a pair. Its probably three to four times what I'm used to paying for boxer shorts but I just got my first pair in black satin and I want to burn every pair of the uniqlo shorts I currently wear, they feel like garbage now that I've seen the light. If you have the same trouble I do finding a nice pair in simple neutral colors, try these guys, since I'd like them to remain in business for the next time I order.
            Definitely intrigued. Do they make boxer briefs?
            who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• LOVE
              • Dec 2007

I think it's just boxer shorts there, though it seems like there's a lot more options around for those that prefer boxer briefs,(American Apparel only makes boxer briefs for example) which I'm not a fan of personally. I usually have the most success with this stuff just googling "made in USA" or "union made _____"

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                • Dec 2012

BBS hoodie fabric composition

Hi there SZ
                I have a BBS hoodie from AW12 in a mix of wool and cotton (I think it's a "cement spray" model, really thick, super large hood that works as a cowl neck, with two extra long cords) but the tag has erased with time, so impossible to read any info (composition, care instructions etc).

I was wondering if anyone knows the exact composition of the fabric?
                I recall it being something like 65% cotton / 45% wool , but it might be the other way around....

anyone can help me finding that info? I really would like to know if it's more wool or more cotton.

thanks!

Comment

• cloakroom
                  • Mar 2015

Adam Ries says 65% cotton / 45% wool is wrong.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by cloakroom View Post
                    Adam Ries says 65% cotton / 45% wool is wrong.
                    hahaha got me there.... I even had to look up who Adam Ries was

OK I'm def not a math guy.

the fabric mix should be something along the lines of 60-40 then ... or 65-35 ?

def no 50-50.... but again I might me wrong...

Comment

• Tiranis
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
                      Definitely intrigued. Do they make boxer briefs?
                      If you're looking for good boxer briefs with no/minimal branding that are made from organic materials in more humane ways, here are some options:

The White Briefs
                      Merz B. Schwanen
                      Hemen Biarritz

For boxers, Hamilton and Hare are pricey but have a really high quality product.

In terms of made in USA, I know there's Special Delivery out of NYC although I have no personal experience.
                      Last edited by Tiranis; 10-02-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
                        If you're looking for good boxer briefs with no/minimal branding that are made from organic materials in more humane ways, here are some options:

The White Briefs
                        Merz B. Schwanen
                        Hemen Biarritz

For boxers, Hamilton and Hare are pricey but have a really high quality product.

In terms of made in USA, I know there's Special Delivery out of NYC although I have no personal experience.
                        Thank you for passing these along. I'll definitely keep these in mind.
                        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• timm3h
                          • Mar 2011

This is from a while back, but the local tailor where I live is a really old-world kind of guy... brusque and grumpy and all that. When I was having my Junya trousers altered by him, he repeatedly commented how they were "really nice pants" and asked me a bunch of questions on where I got them, if I intended to wear them to work (?), etc. Also repeatedly commented on how nice they were when I was picking them up from him. This isn't the first time I've had alterations done by him and he's generally not a talkative guy... I was wondering what factors (construction, material, etc.) might stand out to someone like this?
                          Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Well, Junya is an engineer par excellence. Few designers rival his construction methods. I am surprised and not surprised at your tailor's reaction. It takes a certain flexibility of mind on the part of these geezers to realize that nontraditional construction methods <> bad construction methods.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• timm3h
                              • Mar 2011

^ Is there anywhere you'd recommend where I can learn more about said construction methods? He noted that the outseam construction was special and didn't want to alter from there, but I'm looking at it now and I can't discern what makes it so unique. I'm a huge nerd for details, but overall I feel like I'm not fully appreciating the thought that goes into a lot of the things I wear.
                              Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by timm3h View Post
                                ^ Is there anywhere you'd recommend where I can learn more about said construction methods? He noted that the outseam construction was special and didn't want to alter from there, but I'm looking at it now and I can't discern what makes it so unique. I'm a huge nerd for details, but overall I feel like I'm not fully appreciating the thought that goes into a lot of the things I wear.
                                Well, I don't invert every seam I see, haha. I was thinking in terms of how he uses patchwork, paneling, mixes materials, makes 3D garments, reversible garments that are completely different on the two sides, etc. All of these are complicated construction methods.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎