Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

Anyway handled PO4 jewellery? Would like to know the construction and quality..
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by magic View Post
      Anyway handled PO4 jewellery? Would like to know the construction and quality..
      I own a P04 ring with embedded fossilized ivory and construction is top notch.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• neongud
        • Mar 2013

Anyone got some experience with the Rick scarf collar blazers? Can they even be worn in a more casual fit (pods, sock ramones and the like)? Thinking of picking one up. How's the sizing? I'm guessing one size up.

Comment

• Guun
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by neongud View Post
          Anyone got some experience with the Rick scarf collar blazers? Can they even be worn in a more casual fit (pods, sock ramones and the like)? Thinking of picking one up. How's the sizing? I'm guessing one size up.
          I almost picked one up from the store I used to work at. Fit is like typical Rick Blazers (so size up 1). I found the sleeves for the scarf / tux blazer to be slightly shorter than typical Rick Blazers so much more wearable (still long enough for the Rick look). I'd say it can work in more casual fits, especially with tailored pods
          insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• scanner
            • Mar 2015

Small, Random Question - Are all Nylons created equal? Is Nylon fabric from Uniqlo / Nike that different at the low end from something that Rick or Deepti offers at the higher end ? Serious question as i'm contemplating buying a Nylon Jacket and assume all synthetic fabrics are basically the same.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

This is just my perception so someone please correct me if this is wrong..

To my understanding, nylon is a very very broad term. To put it into perspective nylon polymers are used in a toothbrush, food packaging and clothing textiles among other things. the use in textile fibres is also very broad, fabrics made out of nylon can vary in density, thickness, techincal qualities etc, so to answer your question, yes there can be a big difference.

A sportswear company like Nike would probably have a much more advanced material due to the technical aspect (weight, breathability etc), whereas a designer doing less utilitarian goods might use an entirely different type of material for a variety of purposes.

That said, unless the jacket uses a fabric with special characteristics (usually athletic apparel), my guess would be that its most likely a more "generic" fabric that might not differ so much in technical qualities. But the quality in terms of feel, durability etc will probably vary.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

What lowery said. There will be different quality levels of every fabric out there.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• scanner
                  • Mar 2015

Makes sense, Thanks fellas!

Comment

• Kuat
                    • Nov 2012

Speaking of scarves. What kind of fabric should i look for in a scarf / foulard to wear in summer? I know light cotton/silk, but is wool totally out of the question, or are there light enough wool fabrics that could be worn during warm weather?

I have never worn scarves / foulards before and want to get into it. Kind of like Alexander McQueen ones, but i've seen some from Rick, just not sure about the fabrics.

Thanks.

Comment

• SketchingJack
                      • Aug 2015

Rick has some in modal and linen that should be light enough for warm weather

Comment

• neongud
                        • Mar 2013

I'd say go for some silk blends. I have a few and I wear them during the summer sometimes. For a (more) affordable alternative than Rick and the big guys, check out "Destin", Antonioli carry them. I have one from them and I like it.

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                        Speaking of scarves. What kind of fabric should i look for in a scarf / foulard to wear in summer? I know light cotton/silk, but is wool totally out of the question, or are there light enough wool fabrics that could be worn during warm weather?

I have never worn scarves / foulards before and want to get into it. Kind of like Alexander McQueen ones, but i've seen some from Rick, just not sure about the fabrics.

Thanks.

Comment

• Kuat
                          • Nov 2012

I'd say go for some silk blends. I have a few and I wear them during the summer sometimes. For a (more) affordable alternative than Rick and the big guys, check out "Destin", Antonioli carry them. I have one from them and I like it.
                          Thanks for the info.

I just saw these Forme scarves and i really liked the look. I just never had any experience with wearing one (like how, what's the correct way etc). An as for the fabric, some mention linen, some mention viscose etc.

Last edited by Kuat; 06-12-2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• neongud
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                            Thanks for the info.

I just saw these Forme scarves and i really liked the look. I just never had any experience with wearing one (like how, what's the correct way etc). An as for the fabric, some mention linen, some mention viscose etc.
                            Basically with scarves, there is no right way. It's literally just a square or triangle cloth piece that you can wrap aound your neck and adjust until it looks like you want it to. Don't overthink it.

Comment

• zeebee
                              • Dec 2008

Just bought these and am having a difficult time fitting it with my wardrobe. It's much bigger and chunkier than I expected.

The SS16 Cyclops runway looks feature it mostly in shorts. I can tuck in a pair of drkshdw detroits but it reminds me of women wearing riding boots and tights. The shaft is too wide to fit under any of my jeans.

Any suggestions or pics of fit pics that I can get some inspiration from?

Comment

• saniityhd
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by zeebee View Post
                                The SS16 Cyclops runway looks feature it mostly in shorts. I can tuck in a pair of drkshdw detroits but it reminds me of women wearing riding boots and tights. The shaft is too wide to fit under any of my jeans.
                                I suppose the shaft isnt wide enough to give it a workweary engineer-look? Not that it might be the look youre going for, but it would probably be the way I would wear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎