Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex1017
    • Jul 2015

I have been thinking about getting a pair of boots like that for some time. This image from some western film (that escapes me) of cropped pants hovering above the opening of harness like boots has always looked cool, and stuck with me. I believe in the movie the pants were actually cut off. Not a tight trouser, maybe of similar circumference or slightly larger. I am not really a fan of tucking pants into boots for similar reasons as you described. The slight exposure of the ankle while moving emphasizes the boot still, while the trouser helps it not look like a moon boot. I don't know just my thoughts.

Comment

• zeebee
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
      I have been thinking about getting a pair of boots like that for some time. This image from some western film (that escapes me) of cropped pants hovering above the opening of harness like boots has always looked cool, and stuck with me.
      Playing off the shorts theme, I tried a similar thing with my cropped Astaires but they're are way too long as these boots are higher than mid calf.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I tried these as well and was debating getting them. Basically, they are a pain in the ass to style. The fact that they can't even be worn with Rick's cropped pants made me decide against them. Shorts or very skinny jeans/leggings seem to be the only options (and tucked jeans do give off a "music festival girl jean tuck into wellies" vibe). I ended up going with these instead which are much more versatile (look great with shorts, tucked pants, cropped pants).

Originally posted by zeebee View Post
        Just bought these and am having a difficult time fitting it with my wardrobe. It's much bigger and chunkier than I expected.

The SS16 Cyclops runway looks feature it mostly in shorts. I can tuck in a pair of drkshdw detroits but it reminds me of women wearing riding boots and tights. The shaft is too wide to fit under any of my jeans.

Any suggestions or pics of fit pics that I can get some inspiration from?
        music

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

On a side note, does anyone know what those tiny holes at the top of the shaft are for?
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• GucciAmen
            • Sep 2014

I found a Parts of Four wholesale warehouse online, but it requires a password. Has anyone been granted access to this site before?

Comment

• Espresto
              • Feb 2016

I bought an unstable tee recently and now I'm thinking of cutting it shorter. It's not fitted enough to stack, so it just falls to my knees and looks odd. I know it's been done before, but the thought of it still worries me. Is it worth trying? If you've tried it, how did it turn out?

Comment

• mikko
                • Apr 2013

I've had only positive experiences cutting unstable tees to fit better.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

I’d recommend using a large and heavy scissor, preferably one especially made to cut fabric.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Espresto
                    • Feb 2016

Thanks for the advice! I'll go out and buy a pair of dressmaker's scissors. Is there a technique? Did you fold it before cutting?

Comment

• Guun
                      • Nov 2014

^ no need to fold, just make sure you cut strait (maybe mark with chalk or pencil). Does not have to be perfect. Also put a few stitches in at the seam to prevent it from unravelling
                      insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

i would just take it to the tailor, i do this sort of thing with Rick tees all the time and it costs like $7.50 CAD.

-

Comment

• Espresto
                          • Feb 2016

How would I stitch the seam to keep it from coming apart?

Comment

• Tiranis
                            • Feb 2007

Just let it come apart, not like it's just going to unravel in one night. I've had some for 5+ years that have a ton of wear, are basically shredded at the bottom and still look great.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Espresto View Post
                              I bought an unstable tee recently and now I'm thinking of cutting it shorter. It's not fitted enough to stack, so it just falls to my knees and looks odd.
                              Just a thought, but if you want it to stack / bunch up a bit at your hips, you could have a tailor taper it a bit. I've done this several times, costs like 15€ to take the side seams in and this was at a good/pricey tailor.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• oneiroi
                                • May 2014

Question about pods fabric. Is grosgrain basically corduroy? Is the 52/48 nylon version better? Referring to Memphis pods. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎