Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

Re: What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

[quote user="xeefus"]Yeah... I felt a slight bit of regret when I saw those.
    I've thrown way too much money in clothing the past months.

How much are they, anyone know?
    [/quote] They were about $800 or so.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

if you borrow them just please bring them back [79]
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

--------------

Comment

• orphée
          • Apr 2008

Amazing what that little red cross can do for the whole look. Is it reversible? Is there a cross inside?

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="orphée"]Amazing what that little red cross can make people pay for a t-shirt. Is it reversible? Is there a cross inside?
            [/quote]

E-PINIONS

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

well to be honest theres atleast a bit more than a little red cross to these shirts.. on the single piecethe cut and folding is very interesting, theoverlocked seams on the frontform a+ the size of the shirt, the little red cross sits in the middle where the big seams cross. the back on the other hand is seamless. all in all, the unusual cut provides a neat fit. its not a space shuttle, but I find the detailing very interesting.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

So there are side seams? I always thought the entire shirt was made of one piece...
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

sorry, I was mixing up different shirts in one sentence, rephrased it. some of the longsleeve ones, for example the cotton/silk one, have a seam down the back and I think they're built from multiple pieces. as far as I know most s/s ones dont have side or back seams.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Servo2000
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

well to be honest theres atleast a bit more than a little red cross to these shirts.. on the single piece the cut and folding is very interesting, the overlocked seams on the front form a + the size of the shirt, the little red cross sits in the middle where the big seams cross. the back on the other hand is seamless. all in all, the unusual cut provides a neat fit. its not a space shuttle, but I find the detailing very interesting.

[/quote]

Believe me, I understand Mike. I was mainly joking, but I still just think it's amusing how much people will throw down for what essentially comes down to a "neat t-shirt." All I'm saying is that if I was going to spend that kind of money on anything it wouldn't be a t-shirt so I don't really understand the appeal.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I agree with you Servo to an extent. I also find it troublesome to pay that kind of money for a tshirt, but if I had such disposable income, maybe I would. Or maybe I wouldn't. I don't know.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i definitely appreciate them, but i'll stick with my uniqlo t-shirts
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I agree with you Servo to an extent. I also find it troublesome to pay that kind of money for a tshirt, but if I had such disposable income, maybe I would. Or maybe I wouldn't. I don't know.
                          [/quote]

Really depends on what you want, I like the generic aspect of Uniqlo white tees but others might dig the little details.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

Don't be hatin' my holy grail, specially you servo, this is the second time I have found shit like this from you, I really couldn't care less what you think about m.a+ tees so go write your "review" for someone else.

edit- Ok, it was harsh, but I don't like when someone thinks you are blind because you will pay $300-$400 for a tee or whatever, you are basically calling everyone who owns the item stupid, I say let people spend their money the way they want to, if you work hard for it (like most of us here) then it's yours to do as you please, maybe the problem is just posting it here. I have read several comments from servo that I truly enjoy and I respect his knowledge of clothing in general, but this time I not only disagree, it kind of makes me mad too.

edit2- Faust, this is the only item that I truly want and haven't found in a long time.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i have a few ma+ shirts and find them quite lovely, esp. the cut and fabric on the T's.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• xeefus
                                • Oct 2007

I love designer t-shirts, but mostly longsleeve ones. It is the part that is closest to your body after all, so it better have some soft and nice material. :-)

Hehe, sorry, I didn't really think of Holy Grail, as Faust just said "I want this".

My HG will have to be the Carpe Diems that I recently got then.
                                I'm also in love with the Viridi-Anne heavy wool parka/coat....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎