Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: What is your "holy grail" item of clothing?

[quote user="Seventh"]

Do you mind sharing the same HG? I love these as well, they remind me a little of old-fashioned orthopedic boots. Klunky, comfortable and cool. Still don't understand Yohji's shoe sizing, but I know I am not a 3...

[/quote]

i wouldn't go into a Yohji shoe purchase blind. The pair of laceups i have are a 4 and fit perfectly, whereas for some styles i've needed to go up to a 6. Try them on before you buy them...i'm hesitant enough with online shoe purchases as they are, but YY shoesaren't really a gamble you'd want to go into, considerin i don't think there's much resell market for them if it dont work out.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]is that the kangaroo leather one that's on lazzari? i tried on the scar stitched leather jacket and the fit was terrible on me.
      [/quote]

The fit looked terrible on A's model too. It's doing this weird pinch at the armpit/chest that looks really bad. Maybe that would correct with time, I don't know...

[/quote]

fit looked terrible on me too, which i was really happy about

i'd love to see a pic of that looking good on anybody

[/quote]

i feel much better after reading the last few posts, i tried that jacket on and it was the oddest fitting thing i've ever tried, and a few Raf Simons and Watanabe jackets have come close. I thought Poell leathers were unwearable after trying that thing on.

those Y's for Men boots above are nice. What season? The Pour Homme cordovan military boots from current season are still my fav. though. I think i'd take the YY X Adidas black ones over those Y's too, they seem like a perfect beater shoe that would enhance any outfit precisely by throwing off its sense of balance.

[/quote]

Those YY X Adidas are really cool actually. The white version for Fall is a killer too.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="matthewhk"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]is that the kangaroo leather one that's on lazzari? i tried on the scar stitched leather jacket and the fit was terrible on me.
        [/quote]

The fit looked terrible on A's model too. It's doing this weird pinch at the armpit/chest that looks really bad. Maybe that would correct with time, I don't know...

[/quote]

fit looked terrible on me too, which i was really happy about

i'd love to see a pic of that looking good on anybody

[/quote]

i feel much better after reading the last few posts, i tried that jacket on and it was the oddest fitting thing i've ever tried, and a few Raf Simons and Watanabe jackets have come close. I thought Poell leathers were unwearable after trying that thing on.

those Y's for Men boots above are nice. What season? The Pour Homme cordovan military boots from current season are still my fav. though. I think i'd take the YY X Adidas black ones over those Y's too, they seem like a perfect beater shoe that would enhance any outfit precisely by throwing off its sense of balance.

[/quote]

Those YY X Adidas are really cool actually. The white version for Fall is a killer too.

[/quote]

i wonder how carol blew the cut so bad? the s/s f/w 07 cuts are amazing...how could he make such a blunder, well, i guess we can look at the bottom of our boots for that answer. diego, how does yours fit?

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

...also wondering why he did those short sleeve almost sheer button down shirts. They are reminiscent of middle aged women from mainland China fighting to get across Huang Gang border to Hong Kong on a long weekend Friday. I liked the glued seam shirts.

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

that's fine, don't think you need the Yohji shoes then if you got a solid staple of English footwear. The creeper style of shoe also works great with YY.

dont have any pics of the stuff...ive only seen the black YY X Adidas in Japan, they are not the high tops like the signature one of the season, but rather a very chunky looking low top. Comfortable as hell it feels like you're walking on air, i regret not picking them up as i felt i had nothing to wear with them, it was before i saw the light but it was too late by then. An outfit with the white shirt w/ navy knit sleeves/back, skinny black cotton pants w/ one side cargo pocket, and those = PERFECTION

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="wire.artist"]

Seventh,size 3 is like a 41 on these, 26-26,5 in japanese sizing. They way tobuy yohji's shoes is to ask for measurements and then compare. I nearlygot them last night in Y!, but 220eur for a pair of used shoes is toomuch in my book, so I passed when I got outbid, I'm regretting thisnow, but the do show up from time to time, so I should be patient. Theycould be clearly my everyday shoe. I've been wearing to death a pair ofwingtips from aw2005-06, and they need a rest. BTW I just got fromluisaviaroma the dr martens chelsea boots and they are great!, reallysurprised with the shape, they look killer with the knit cuff pantsfrom last winter.

I've just realized that all my footwear are english workshoes, like trickers, george cox, dr martens, hawkins,...

[/quote]

I'd love to find those pants. You scored them off Y! auctions right?

The Women's Yohji X Dr. Martin boots are up on the doc site now and there are some crazy colorways!

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Hey Matt, how did those YY Adidas fit? I'm a usual 45 (US 12) and unfortunately unable to try on Yohji's shoes because no one around me carries those. (BTW, those black low tops are on pollyanna)

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

i'm the same shoe size as you i fit fine into a size 6, if a bit loose...but rather have them loose than too tight and makin your toes curl (shoes shouldn't be doin that job for you). Yohji meant to be all sloppy anyway...if you see someone on the street wearin yohji and go "man that looks sloppy" he probably did something right

i liked the multicolor dragon tattoo womens YY X Doc Martens until i saw local singer Joey Yung wear them to some charity fun and games event...then i lost all my appetite for seeing a woman wear those.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                    • Jun 2007

I'm not sure if your just referring to the ready-to-wear pieces or the footwear. I'm kinda happy that the footwear had to go up a size according to the number system. It seems now the sizing for the footwear is more accurately closer along the UK sizing system. I'm sure most people are a bit fed up with Poell's inconsistency in shoe sizes, no one was ever to certain which CCP size is right for you unless you can get your hands on it and try it in person. I'm usually a UK size 10 and with the new CCP 08' sizing, it is currently in conjunction with the CCP size 10 due to the its narrower toe box than the older collections (which had the humps on top of the toes). So thats one less of a problem when it comes to CCP footwear. You can sort of thinking of it that way.

[quote user="philip nod"]

i wonder how carol blew the cut so bad? the s/s f/w 07 cuts are amazing...how could he make such a blunder, well, i guess we can look at the bottom of our boots for that answer. diego, how does yours fit?

[/quote]

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

i was talking about the mispelled name on the boot bottom and the cuts of the leather jacket at a, all the other cuts have been really nice
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                        • Jun 2007

Ahhhhh.....you were talking about entirely something else. [86]

[quote user="philip nod"]i was talking about the mispelled name on the boot bottom and the cuts of the leather jacket at a, all the other cuts have been really nice
                        [/quote]

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

i've really been trying to think of a holy grail item but i haven't been able to. i've already gotten 2 of them (both raf)--i guess my grail right now would be a suit with the details of thom browne that fit like dior homme.

Comment

• Servo2000
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="mass"]i've really been trying to think of a holy grail item but i haven't been able to. i've already gotten 2 of them (both raf)--i guess my grail right now would be a suit with the details of thom browne that fit like dior homme.[/quote]

Which Browne details? Anything specific?

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

mainly the construction and the fabrics--details was a bad word maybe, but i also love the working buttonholes (which obviously is not exclusive to tb). i think band of outsiders might be an option but i'm not sure... some of their stuff looks nice but sometimes there is always a single thing that throws it off for me (lapel shape, ticket pocket length, etc). also i could never find a rtw jacket with double vents that fits well on me (have not tried on band of outsiders though). and yeah i know thick as thieves exists but i'm too lazy and i can't stand the name.

Comment

• Real Real
                                • Feb 2007

You could definitely find a bespoke tailor that would do that for you, as long as you're willing to pay a few grand.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎