Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neongud
    • Mar 2013

Got both Dior Homme Intense and YSL La Nuit De L'Homme for christmas, and although they both are very entry level, I must say I enjoy them.

Comment

• resolution653
      • Nov 2013

I have a sample of Lonestar Memories. Tried it because I was a fan of Patchouli24 and was looking for more birch tar heavy scents. Personally not a fan, was unaware it had a mint note but that could explain this "soapy" quality my nose detects.

Also just tried his Kandahar Rose, bringing the total to 5 scents of Tauer I have sampled, haven't been moved to purchase a full bottle of any. Respect the guys work and enjoy reading his blog, but most likely won't try anymore from Tauer.

Have recently been enjoying "Reve En Cuir" " ... as if an Hermès belt had been candied and baked by a patissier" A linear scent, which isn't a negative when it smells as pleasing as it does.

Bleu1950, I haven't but it is also something I'd like to do in the future.
      Last edited by resolution653; 01-14-2015, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

To like Lonestar Memories one needs to be comfortable with (and enjoy) rectified birch tar, as it has a tendency to come across as a BBQ pit, or a meat snack like Slim-Jim's. L'air du desert Marocain on the other hand is a masterpiece, I'd strongly recommend it over LM.

One scent I can recommend which actually splits the difference between LDDM and LM and share elements of both is Olivier Durbano- Black Tourmaline Extrait.
        Excellent scent, which I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Comment

• resolution653
          • Nov 2013

I get the bbq meat from Patchouli24, tho it doesn't come across at all for me Lonestar Memories. Just one of the scents that doesn't get along with my skin I suppose.

While I haven't tried the extrait of Black Tourmaline, I can see where ya get elements of both. Interesting as BT is one of my most worn (the edp)

Curious if ya could tell me what difference you notice in the extrait compared to the edp ?

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post
            I get the bbq meat from Patchouli24, tho it doesn't come across at all for me Lonestar Memories. Just one of the scents that doesn't get along with my skin I suppose.

While I haven't tried the extrait of Black Tourmaline, I can see where ya get elements of both. Interesting as BT is one of my most worn (the edp)

Curious if ya could tell me what difference you notice in the extrait compared to the edp ?
            It's a lot more smoother and refined, with a lot of harshness in the top notes dialed down. Definitely further polished, taking it more into LDDM territory. Projection isn't as good, it doesn't leave the nuclear sillage trail like the EDP, rather it sits closer to the skin.

Comment

• jogu
              • Jun 2009

I'm wearing Cologne Bigarade this morning just melts my lil heart. Am not really into those smokey, oud-y, dark perfumes. I mean I get the appeal but for me I prefer
              bright, fizzy orangey. I didn't like Orange Sanguine though. Something about the florals in that one bugs me and the orange was too flat for my tastes.

Comment

• Shifts
                • Jul 2013

Cologne Bigarade Concentrée might be the fragrance on top of my list if I really, really had to choose. Cologne Bigarade I remember as very nice as well, but to too fleeting. I should revisit it, as I haven't smelled it in the last five years. Very nice citrus none the less.

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

I'm glad someone else loves it ! It's definitely a different citrus , deliciously bitter and addicting. I like both Bigarade Concentree and the Cologne version . I'm not sure which i prefer but I'm kinda leaning towards Cologne becos I find it more rounded. I'm not sure if there's actually cumin involved in Concentree but whatever that dirty note is, which i like, is less prevalent in the other which makes it a lil more polished albeit less flavorful. I also prefer the drydown in the edc overall but that version lasts even less than Concentree. Both versions are in my top favorite as well

Comment

• gaborb
                    • Jul 2009

So, my favourite fragrance is Daim Blonde by Serge Lutens and it's almost empty... Can someone recommend me something similar? (I've been trying a lot of different scents based on this thread, but there's just so many options..)

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by gaborb View Post
                      So, my favourite fragrance is Daim Blonde by Serge Lutens and it's almost empty... Can someone recommend me something similar? (I've been trying a lot of different scents based on this thread, but there's just so many options..)
                      Naomi Goodsir- Cuir Velours.

Shop for Cuir Velours Eau de Parfum by Naomi Goodsir at Luckyscent, Find Cuir Velours Eau de Parfum by Naomi Goodsir

And

Parfum d'Empire- Cuir Ottoman.
                      Last edited by Law; 01-26-2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• collecting_items
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Law View Post
                        If you like the smell of Weed, as I'm guessing you do based on Kinski, then try Kilian-Smoke for the Soul.
                        so do you know when its arrive in europe?? because its only available in GB not in germany as well.....i tried to find it in good shops but they only know its new and they dont know when its comming.....
                        Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
                        bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by collecting_items View Post
                          so do you know when its arrive in europe?? because its only available in GB not in germany as well.....i tried to find it in good shops but they only know its new and they dont know when its comming.....
                          Viola

Or are you referring to Smoke for the Soul? If you are, it will be available here soon:

Between the two though, Kinski is the FAR better fragrance, as far a literal interpretation of weed IMO. I'd recommend sampling both though, you can purchase a sample of Kinski from the first link. Smoke for the Soul, just e-mail Kilian directly, I'm sure they'll send you a sample set free of charge, they're good like that.
                          Last edited by Law; 01-24-2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by jogu View Post
                            I'm glad someone else loves it ! It's definitely a different citrus , deliciously bitter and addicting. I like both Bigarade Concentree and the Cologne version . I'm not sure which i prefer but I'm kinda leaning towards Cologne becos I find it more rounded. I'm not sure if there's actually cumin involved in Concentree but whatever that dirty note is, which i like, is less prevalent in the other which makes it a lil more polished albeit less flavorful. I also prefer the drydown in the edc overall but that version lasts even less than Concentree. Both versions are in my top favorite as well
                            Bigarade Concentree is very nice indeed, I imagine it was Jean-Claude Elena's refined big budget prototype for Terre D'Hermes and it's a theme he's used for Cartier Declaration too.

You should try Xerjoff- XJ 1861, by far the most realistic citrus fragrance I've ever tried, good stuff indeed, along with Fiero another from the line.

XJ 1861

XJ 1861 is Italian excellence, condensed into perfume. A sparkling bouquet that releases all the citrusy freshness of tangerine, bergamot, lemon and petitgrain. Its heart is a transparent flowering of roses and lily-of-the-valley, made dynamic by the presence of mint. The woody amber base gives body with patchouli, cedar, amber and moss rounding out the composition. Italian vivacity is harmoniously combined into an essence that fully reflects the concept of “beautiful and well made.”
                            Fiero

"A perfect blend of rich citrus notes with an ardent spicy heart, Fiero is intense and sophisticated. Representing a classical gentlemen’s perfume, Fiero harmoniously mixes notes of Italian fruits embellished with subtle aromatic herbs of thyme, lavanda flowers, terragon and mint, on an accord of precious woods. Fiero is a crisp and refined composition for true fragrance connoisseurs."

Comment

• collecting_items
                              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Law View Post
                              Between the two though, Kinski is the FAR better fragrance, as far a literal interpretation of weed IMO. I'd recommend sampling both though, you can purchase a sample of Kinski from the first link. Smoke for the Soul, just e-mail Kilian directly, I'm sure they'll send you a sample set free of charge, they're good like that.
                              so kinski i allrady have it and its my number 1

but the problem is kilian to taste.... also thx for the tip with the company i will try.
                              Tragen Schwarz, jeden Tag
                              bis es was dunkleres gibt

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post

3. Indica candle by Aedes de Venustas

Love this candle. It's like the rhubarb fragrance from their original scent but as if you took some ghanja and added it to the mix. Pretty sick combination that definitely makes the home smell amazing. I think a lot of people on here would like this one.
                                Just ordered this one, thanks for the recommendation dbd! And it brings a question: is it bad to have several perfumed candles in a room? I feel like the one I have from Byredo really perfumes the room even when it's not burning. I wonder if their fragrance will clash.
                                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎