Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cantara
    • Mar 2015

I have been wearing CDG Wonderwood almost exclusively for the past few months, the fragrance continues to grow on me, every time I use it, it becomes more complex.

Comment

• orlais
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
      I recommend Nico Uytterhaegen's 'NONONSENSE' perfumes. I got number 5. I stopped using Wonderwood since I got this one

*edit: like he explained to me himself, it's attracts the right people and keeps the bullshit people far away from you
      I use 3. But 5 is also amazing.

I know he came out with his second line but do you know if he is still producing these?
      Instagram
      Grailed

Comment

• obsi
        • Aug 2011

Can anyone recommend me a lavender scent, with maybe leather and coffee vibes to it? I'm rather ignorant in this area. Cheers
        "It's hard to tell the real people from those who pretend. These days I've got more shoes than I've got real friends."

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

For leathery / woody vibe try Heeley - Fleur Pleine Cuir

For coffee - it's more like burnt cocoa but Slumberhouse - Ore

Lavender - hmmmm..... Maybe try Royal Scottish Lavender by Creed or Lavender Palm by Tom Ford? I don't wear a lot of lavender but have smelled those frags and they're fine.

Comment

• Law
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by obsi View Post
            Can anyone recommend me a lavender scent, with maybe leather and coffee vibes to it? I'm rather ignorant in this area. Cheers
            I would sample all of these:

Amouage- Memoir Man (no coffee/leather/lavender)
            Bond No.9 New Haarlem (Lavender top notes/plus coffee)
            Guerlain- Jicky EDP/Extrait (Lavender/Leather)
            Lubin -Korrigan (Boozy lavender leather)
            Azzaro- Pour Homme (Classic fougere leather/lavender)
            Thierry Mugler- A-Men (Coffee/lavender)
            By Kilian- Intoxicated (Turkish Coffee-centric/more refined than Amen)
            Last edited by Law; 02-08-2016, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• Ulf
              • Apr 2014

Jicky is one of my favourites and has supposedly been worn by Roger Moore and Sean Connery, among others. Pdt is the best IMO, followed by extrait and edt.

Fun fact: In 1960's Paris, butch lesbians used to wear Jicky while femmes wore Mitsouko.

Comment

• bukka
                • Sep 2011

Thoughts on Margiela By the Fireplace? Description looks like I would like it. Thanks in advance!
                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• obsi
                  • Aug 2011

Thanks for the recs,those all seem to fit what I'm looking for. I've got some smelling to do.
                  "It's hard to tell the real people from those who pretend. These days I've got more shoes than I've got real friends."

Comment

• orlais
                    • Oct 2014

Does anyone know anything about Bella Freud's fragrance line? Supposedly the great-granddaughter of Sigmund Freud. I've seen the product in stores before and have had a smell but wanted to know more about the brand.
                    Instagram
                    Grailed

Comment

• eleves
                      • Sep 2012

Never heard of her until your mention but the lore does seem pretty interesting. Which scent did you smell and how was it?
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• cuddly
                        • Sep 2007

Picked up MAD ET LEN - SACRAMENTUM EAU DE PARFUM LAITON via Hotoveli. Heavy on the resin, smoky, frankincense, powder. Def strong as parfum is very concentrated,. Not even one full pump, but a small dab will do you. No wonder it comes with the copper top lid,because it permeates the space even with the black lid on.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Comme des Garcons DOT launches today at Dover Street Market in New York (already available in Europe). Smells good!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• patR
                            • Apr 2015

I received a sample of Cuiron by Helmut Lang recently

And while I'm sure there's plenty of reviews out there (or on here) which break it down much better than I can in terms of identifying all the notes and whatnot, here's my two cents (or scents):

It starts of pretty nice; a bit rugged and smoky... which is fine with me, even as a non-smoker. However it quickly goes down hill from there IMO. Not long after this set into my skin, I noticed a very generic, cheap old women's' perfume. It's supposedly the same formula as the original, but I've seen many claim the scent is simply not the same. :(

Maybe I'll give it another try soon, although for now I'm disappointed.
                            Last edited by patR; 04-22-2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

Hmm, Cuiron has been my favorite daily perfume since the time of its rerelease. Maybe because it's the only leather perfume in my collection.

Comment

• Shifts
                                • Jul 2013

I need to revisit Cuiron now since my original bottle is long long gone. However as amazing and different I found Cuiron on my initial discovery, in hindsight it doesn't develop a whole lot and what you get at the start is pretty much what you get at the end. No matter how amazing a certain smell is, being hit with the same thing constantly gets a bit tedious after a while.

Haven't seen any of the new bottles unfortunately, so we will see when I will come across one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎